Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Escape
Took the wife to see No Escape today. They lied. There WAS escape.

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well, no point to see the movie now
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 07:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Took the wife to see No Escape today. They lied. There WAS escape.
Ninja

I was sure the little girl straight out of central casting was going to be killed as an infidel in the streets.

The review I read said Wilson did a good job. May check it out. We saw The Gift last weekend, and that was a good one.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 08:21 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Well, no point to see the movie now

Don't forget, death is a form of escape. Ninja

Not to mention there are others besides Owen Wilson's character's family's lives that need to escape. ThumbsUp

My only problem with the movie is that the plot was only able to keep moving forward because of a whole bunch of ex machinas (ex machini? ex machinae?), both good and bad. It's a good thriller and you don't know if they ALL surivie, if only acouple survive, or none do. It got pretty intense a few times. It's definitely worth a rental or see it in the theater on a matinee
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 09:58 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Don't forget, death is a form of escape. Ninja

Not to mention there are others besides Owen Wilson's character's family's lives that need to escape. ThumbsUp

My only problem with the movie is that the plot was only able to keep moving forward because of a whole bunch of ex machinas (ex machini? ex machinae?), both good and bad. It's a good thriller and you don't know if they ALL surivie, if only acouple survive, or none do. It got pretty intense a few times. It's definitely worth a rental or see it in the theater on a matinee

*Deus Ex Machina 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 07:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Took the wife to see No Escape today. They lied. There WAS escape.

Ninja

i liked that movie

[Image: MV5BNzQ3ODA1ODc4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDI4...14_AL_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
My Wife and I watched it a couple weeks back as part of a sneak peek. It was better than I expected really. Definitely a thriller that keeps you, at the very least awake and intrigued. It lacked much setup. You get a little idea about why they are there, but not nearly enough about the company he works for or even why his previous business went under and he had to go there. I think there was some back story about a struggling relationship between Owen Wilson and his wife that they hint at a little at some points but they don't really hit on it much, almost seemed like an after thought.

I would say it is probably better than a lot that is out right now, so if your looking for something a little faster paced it may be worth checking out.
Reply/Quote

Ninja

This is clearly the biggest case of false advertising since The Never Ending Story!!! Shocked
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 10:12 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: *Deus Ex Machina 

Actually, you need to use the plural which is "dei ex machina", ya jackass. ThumbsUp

(08-28-2015, 11:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This is clearly the biggest case of false advertising since The Never Ending Story!!! Shocked

Exactly.
Reply/Quote