Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Fantasy For Elliot
Ezekiel Elliot has been suspended for 6 games this season. He will probably fall in the fantasy drafts. Might be a good one to bench until week 7. Running backs seem to always get hurt. Is anyone planning on taking him early? I'm not interested in him at all now.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I've already made one real Fantasy Draft. I would have taken Elliott...As it was, where I drafted he and Bell and others were gone and I took Chicago Bears Howard. CBS Sports said I made the worst first round pick. I liked that I got Howard early because a run on RB's made me round out team with RB's Blount and Hill. WRs ended up Hilton, Cooks, Tyrell Williams and Garcon. QBs Brees and Rivers..TE's Eifert and Graham...Kicker Vinatieri ...and Defenses Patriots and Cowboys....I got lucky that I didn't draft high enough to take Elliott and got the NFL's second leading rusher in Howard.

I would still draft Elliott in another draft but not as high. His appeal may lower the number of games suspended, and even if he plays in just 10 games he could still get 1,000 yards. You never know how others will draft, every Fantasy Draft a little different on who people like. Elliott still a good RB pick after round one if he falls. I would take 10 of his games over 16 of some of the others. Just not up around #1 pick anymore. Heck, I took often injured Eifert but about same time took Seattle TE Graham. If Eifert healthy, that pays off big. I'll take Elliott in drafts if he falls. I would love to get Howard and then also Elliott and maybe Blount if Elliott falls.

How much Elliott falls in the drafts, that's the question. He's not injured. If he falls huge, he becomes a steal.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 01:14 AM)kevin Wrote: I've already made one real Fantasy Draft. I would have taken Elliott...As it was, where I drafted he and Bell and others were gone and I took Chicago Bears Howard. CBS Sports said I made the worst first round pick. I liked that I got Howard early because a run on RB's made me round out team with RB's Blount and Hill. WRs ended up Hilton, Cooks, Tyrell Williams and Garcon. QBs Brees and Rivers..TE's Eifert and Graham...Kicker Vinatieri ...and Defenses Patriots and Cowboys....I got lucky that I didn't draft high enough to take Elliott and got the NFL's second leading rusher in Howard.

I would still draft Elliott in another draft but not as high. His appeal may lower the number of games suspended, and even if he plays in just 10 games he could still get 1,000 yards. You never know how others will draft, every Fantasy Draft a little different on who people like. Elliott still a good RB pick after round one if he falls. I would take 10 of his games over 16 of some of the others. Just not up around #1 pick anymore. Heck, I took often injured Eifert but about same time took Seattle TE Graham. If Eifert healthy, that pays off big. I'll take Elliott in drafts if he falls. I would love to get Howard and then also Elliott and maybe Blount if Elliott falls.

How much Elliott falls in the drafts, that's the question. He's not injured. If he falls huge, he becomes a steal.

Yikes.... please tell me you didn't draft him before McCoy.

Also, most fantSy seasons are 12 weeks before playoffs. So you are missing 50% of the regular season. If you are good at drafting then you may take a flier in round 3. But not any sooner.

Howard is a good back, but that is really high.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have Zeke in a keeper league (actually the Board League) and he will cost me a 1st to retain. I'm going to keep him. Now Alfred Morris or Run DMC might move up a little on my draft board.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 01:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yikes.... please tell me you didn't draft him before McCoy.

Also, most fantSy seasons are 12 weeks before playoffs.  So you are missing 50% of the regular season.  If you are good at drafting then you may take a flier in round 3.  But not any sooner.

Howard is a good back, but that is really high.

With Bell, Elliott and Johnson off the board 1, 2, 3.....at pick 4, I grabbed Howard.  My team and I like him. ....CBS did NOT give me a hard time for drafting him ahead of McCoy.....CBS said I should have taken WR's Brown or Jones.....I refuse to draft WR in Round One.....If you don't get your RB's early, you go without at RB all season....There are more good WR's than RB's......I would consider Aaron Rodgers if picking later in One because he puts up more Fantasy Points than anybody. ...I know, people go high on Brown, Jones, Beckham and some other WR's, but I refuse to....I need my early RB's and I like Ty Hilton, Amari Cooper, Brandon Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Demaryius Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders, DeSean Jackson, Kenny Britt, Mike Wallace, Tyrell Williams, Pierre Garcon pack of round 3 and on WR's

I will draft my second team this week. I'm interested in seeing how far Elliott falls.  If he falls to round 2, I grab him as my # 2 RB.  Of course I will have a solid # 3 while he is suspended.  I like taking Blount who has been there mid round often. I still like Jeremy Hill mid rounds as a #3 RB also because he scores touchdowns. Touchdowns are huge points in Fantasy Football.  ....A good Solid #1, then Elliott if there at 2, and Blount or Hill during his suspension. That's my plan on this weeks draft team if Elliott drops way down. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 10:49 AM)kevin Wrote: With Bell, Elliott and Johnson off the board 1, 2, 3.....at pick 4, I grabbed Howard.  My team and I like him. ....CBS did NOT give me a hard time for drafting him ahead of McCoy.....CBS said I should have taken WR's Brown or Jones.....I refuse to draft WR in Round One.....If you don't get your RB's early, you go without at RB all season....There are more good WR's than RB's......I would consider Aaron Rodgers if picking later in One because he puts up more Fantasy Points than anybody. ...I know, people go high on Brown, Jones, Beckham and some other WR's, but I refuse to....I need my early RB's and I like Ty Hilton, Amari Cooper, Brandon Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Demaryius Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders, DeSean Jackson, Kenny Britt, Mike Wallace, Tyrell Williams, Pierre Garcon pack of round 3 and on WR's

I will draft my second team this week. I'm interested in seeing how far Elliott falls.  If he falls to round 2, I grab him as my # 2 RB.  Of course I will have a solid # 3 while he is suspended.  I like taking Blount who has been there mid round often. I still like Jeremy Hill mid rounds as a #3 RB also because he scores touchdowns. Touchdowns are huge points in Fantasy Football.  ....A good Solid #1, then Elliott if there at 2, and Blount or Hill during his suspension. That's my plan on this weeks draft team if Elliott drops way down. 

Ummm. Getting a RB just to get a RB in the first is not smart drafting. Brown and Jones were both better picks than Howard. If you wanted to stick to RB, you should have taken Shady. Personally, i probably would have taken Freeman or Murray ahead of Howard as well. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 10:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ummm. Getting a RB just to get a RB in the first is not smart drafting. Brown and Jones were both better picks than Howard. If you wanted to stick to RB, you should have taken Shady. Personally, i probably would have taken Freeman or Murray ahead of Howard as well. 

I know that's how they say to draft.  Sure, take Brown or Jones or Beckham and get stuck without a top RB all season. I did that last year and you just can't pick up RBs during the season.  What you can pick up during the season are WR's putting up better numbers than some top draft picks. ....To each their own on RB's....With Elliott suspended that makes Howard the # 1 rushing RB from 2016 going into 2017.  Da' Bears....After him is Demarco Murray...then Ajayi, Bell, McCoy and Johnson. ...Howard always goes round one to somebody. He is never there in round two. ...To each there own, but I like Howard or Murray in Round One.   I would just as soon not draft first pick where I would now be expected to take Bell or Johnson, and then my next pick is like a 3rd rounder.  I am hoping I don't get slotted that early in One.  I would love late in One and take a RB and then Elliott if there in round 2, I would be all over that. ....I know all the hype is on Brown, Jones, but I feel I can get as good or better WR's in rounds after one and two. What I can't get after 2 is talent at RB.  Let the other teams fill up with horse meat RB's as if quantity makes up for quality. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 11:22 AM)kevin Wrote: I know that's how they say to draft.  Sure, take Brown or Jones or Beckham and get stuck without a top RB all season. I did that last year and you just can't pick up RBs during the season.  What you can pick up during the season are WR's putting up better numbers than some top draft picks. ....To each their own on RB's....With Elliott suspended that makes Howard the # 1 rushing RB from 2016 going into 2017.  Da' Bears....After him is Demarco Murray...then Ajayi, Bell, McCoy and Johnson. ...Howard always goes round one to somebody. He is never there in round two. ...To each there own, but I like Howard or Murray in Round One.   I would just as soon not draft first pick where I would now be expected to take Bell or Johnson, and then my next pick is like a 3rd rounder.  I am hoping I don't get slotted that early in One.  I would love late in One and take a RB and then Elliott if there in round 2, I would be all over that. ....I know all the hype is on Brown, Jones, but I feel I can get as good or better WR's in rounds after one and two. What I can't get after 2 is talent at RB.  Let the other teams fill up with horse meat RB's as if quantity makes up for quality. 

To each their own. I don't see how Howard replicates what he did last year this year, but that Is just my opinion.

Jones/brown (1st round) and ;Melvin Gordon/gurley/Lamar miller) has way more upsidee than say Howard and Michael thomas. You get a top 5 WR and potential at a top 5 RB. Hell I'd take gurley over Howard straight up at end of round 1!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 10:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have Zeke in a keeper league (actually the Board League) and he will cost me a 1st to retain. I'm going to keep him. Now Alfred Morris or Run DMC might move up a little on my draft board.

Why waste a 1st round pick on 2nd 3rd round value?
For example, I have Julio, and McCoy who are both better than Melvin. But they would cost me a 1st to keep. Or I keep Melvin for a 6th and he has a second round ADP.

When it comes to fantasy, the draft is all about value and ROI. You have to have someone else on your team that presents better value (the pick you give up vs current ADP at time of draft)
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 11:22 AM)kevin Wrote: I know that's how they say to draft.  Sure, take Brown or Jones or Beckham and get stuck without a top RB all season. I did that last year and you just can't pick up RBs during the season.  What you can pick up during the season are WR's putting up better numbers than some top draft picks. ....To each their own on RB's....With Elliott suspended that makes Howard the # 1 rushing RB from 2016 going into 2017.  Da' Bears....After him is Demarco Murray...then Ajayi, Bell, McCoy and Johnson. ...Howard always goes round one to somebody. He is never there in round two. ...To each there own, but I like Howard or Murray in Round One.   I would just as soon not draft first pick where I would now be expected to take Bell or Johnson, and then my next pick is like a 3rd rounder.  I am hoping I don't get slotted that early in One.  I would love late in One and take a RB and then Elliott if there in round 2, I would be all over that. ....I know all the hype is on Brown, Jones, but I feel I can get as good or better WR's in rounds after one and two. What I can't get after 2 is talent at RB.  Let the other teams fill up with horse meat RB's as if quantity makes up for quality. 

Just keep in mind...don't listen too much to the "experts". An elite WR can get you as many points as an elite RB. So then you have to say, can i get a 2nd level RB that will perform as well or better than the 2nd level WR i would have taken later. Here's the thing...if you take a lower level #1 RB instead of the elite #1 WR, you've got the lower level #1 RB and the next time you go looking for a WR, you're getting the lower level WRs as well cause they've all been taken up by the time you get to them.

Check out the top 10 in overall scoring from last year. 

http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaders

4 QBs
3 RBs
3 WRs

Overall scoring is the key. Everyone else is focused on RBs so i usually try and get top players at other positions to compensate for the slight loss in points i'm going to get from my lower level RBs. Also, don't waste your waiver position from picking up guys right after the draft. Save that for the first big "unknown breakout" guy that comes along after the season starts. Soooo many times i picked up a guy during the season that racked up massive points for me. Romo, Cruz, etc. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Last year I took the highly rated Russell Wilson and Brandon Marshall rated high in last years draft...and they stunk up the place.

So this year I'm getting 2 top RBs, 2 Top WR's, a Top QB, and a TOP TE, a Top Kicker and a Top Defense. ...but if you draft early in round one and then late in round two.....or late in round one and early in round two....the fact remains that all the good RB's are off the board going into round 3....From 3 on there are good top WR's, TE's, QB's, Defense and Kicker.....but NO running backs....I like the WR's in 3rd and 4th round myself, very good talent there. ...I like getting a top TE and of course you need a top QB....I can see taking Rodgers or Brees early. ....So for me, no round one or two WR's. If you don't get your RB's early, you don't get your RB's period. I myself like the WR's on the board in round 3 and 4 .

I will say this about the draft, Mixon goes very early, yet the first round WR's Williams and Ross go last round or not at all. Now these guys weren't both picked first round not to catch footballs. The depth pool is far greater at WR than RB. Even in last round there are good WR's on the board long after the few good RB's gone in first 2 rounds...

Again, if Elliott falls to round 2 or 3, he will be a steal, even with game suspensions. Yes, Brown and Jones are good WR's, but so are Ty Hilton, Brandon Cooks, Amari Cooper, Larry Fitzgerald that often are around in 3 or 4 but no later. My goal is to get 2 good RB's and 2 good WR's next and hopefully a top QB and a top TE. No matter how I try, if I go WR first, I don't get good RB's, but if I go RB first, I still get top WR's. Seems to me what hurts are those holes where nobody puts up points. I want points across the board at all positions each week. I still think Williams or Ross gets hot and people fight over who can get them off free agency. Just shows how deep WR is. No way first round RBs fall to last round or not picked at all.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I just tried a Mock Draft....so much for Elliott dropping.....Somebody took him # 6 in Round One. ..I drafted near last and got DeMarco Murray and then Lamar Miller early in 2. I still got Cooper and Cooks at WR in 3 and 4...TE's Eifert and Graham.....QB's Rivers and Dalton....Defenses Giants and Steelers...Kicker Tucker....RB Blount and WR's Wallace and Tyrell Williams for depth....I'm noticing if I take Eifert and Graham back to back I don't get Larry Fitzgerald. I like Larry Fitzgerald on my team. I think I need to take Eifert and Fitzgerald and hope for Graham or a good back-up to Eifert later. Eifert injuries demand a solid back-up.

Anyway, somebody still took Elliott with pick 6 in Round One....The Running backs go fast, even suspended ones.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 02:33 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: To each their own. I don't see how Howard replicates what he did last year this year, but that Is just my opinion.

Jones/brown (1st round) and ;Melvin Gordon/gurley/Lamar miller) has way more upsidee than say Howard and Michael thomas. You get a top 5 WR and potential at a top 5 RB. Hell I'd take gurley over Howard straight up at end of round 1!

I had Howard last year. He gets a lot of yatds, but rarely scores.

Kevin... You can get RBs during the season, you just have to pay attention.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 02:28 PM)jason Wrote: I had Howard last year. He gets a lot of yatds, but rarely scores.

Kevin... You can get RBs during the season, you just have to pay attention.

NO, the 1,000 yard guys, they don't become available.  Bench help becomes available.  That's why I'm not big on drafting 2nd string or 3rd string RBs, because you can get them all year.  I still notice RB is the most taken position in the first 2 rounds.  There are few ELITE ones, and they go fast. 

I tried a Mock last night and drafting near last. I got Howard or Murray late in one, and Elliott was on the board early in 2, so I grabbed him also.  I have a real draft in a few hours and I hope I draft late and the same thing happens. If I can get Howard or Murray late ONE and Elliott early TWO, I'm set at RB...I may need a Blount or Hill later as a much needed 3rd back with Elliott suspended,....but I was then able to get TY Hilton, Edelman, Fitzgerald and some good WR's...and I don't mind Rivers at QB as a mid round pick...and Eifert is often a mid round pick. ...and many good defenses and kickers late....The First Round WR's Williams and Ross are almost always there at end of draft as you look for late round steals. 

I like drafting late in One. My First real Draft I went 4th. I hope today I go near last. Let the other go early on Bell, Brown, Johnson, Jones...Give me the last pick in One and the First pick in Two and and the last pick in Three but the First Pick in Four. I'm guaranteed my RB's and WR's if I pick around last in One. I like that draft spot......GOOD. Just saw my team Butters with his South Park picture drafts 8th and then 17th. Maybe I can still get over on this weeks down grade of Elliott before his stock rises again. Last week drafting 4th was too early for the Liberace Dudes with his picture, a team name that will strike fear in the hearts of opponents.

My problem for team Butters is if Aaron Rodgers on the board at 8. He is the only player I would not go RB in Round One for....Depends on how the draft falls....I'm really trying to get a 1,000 yard RB in One and also grab Elliott near top of round 2 tonight....That's this weeks plan, I'm sticking to it, unless such a run on RB's that at 8 my RB's are gone and I then grab Rodgers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 03:13 PM)kevin Wrote: NO, the 1,000 yard guys, they don't become available.  Bench help becomes available.  That's why I'm not big on drafting 2nd string or 3rd string RBs, because you can get them all year.  I still notice RB is the most taken position in the first 2 rounds.  There are few ELITE ones, and they go fast. 

I tried a Mock last night and drafting near last. I got Howard or Murray late in one, and Elliott was on the board early in 2, so I grabbed him also.  I have a real draft in a few hours and I hope I draft late and the same thing happens. If I can get Howard or Murray late ONE and Elliott early TWO, I'm set at RB...I may need a Blount or Hill later as a much needed 3rd back with Elliott suspended,....but I was then able to get TY Hilton, Edelman, Fitzgerald and some good WR's...and I don't mind Rivers at QB as a mid round pick...and Eifert is often a mid round pick. ...and many good defenses and kickers late....The First Round WR's Williams and Ross are almost always there at end of draft as you look for late round steals. 

I like drafting late in One. My First real Draft I went 4th. I hope today I go near last. Let the other go early on Bell, Brown, Johnson, Jones...Give me the last pick in One and the First pick in Two and and the last pick in Three but the First Pick in Four. I'm guaranteed my RB's and WR's if I pick around last in One. I like that draft spot......GOOD. Just saw my team Butters with his South Park picture drafts 8th and then 17th. Maybe I can still get over on this weeks down grade of Elliott before his stock rises again. Last week drafting 4th was too early for the Liberace Dudes with his picture, a team name that will strike fear in the hearts of opponents.

My problem for team Butters is if Aaron Rodgers on the board at 8. He is the only player I would not go RB in Round One for....Depends on how the draft falls....I'm really trying to get a 1,000 yard RB in One and also grab Elliott near top of round 2 tonight....That's this weeks plan, I'm sticking to it, unless such a run on RB's that at 8 my RB's are gone and I then grab Rodgers.

Jordan Howard was available last year. That's how I got him. I also got Jay Ajayi, Jaquizz Rogers, Spencer Ware... Guys like that. The year before, I got Dion Lewis. RBs are a dime a dozen. Every team has three of them or so, and guys get hurt. You have to learn to juggle. Top WRs are harder to come by.

I'd take David Johnson and Bell in the first. Other hand them, give me an elite WR.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 11:13 PM)jason Wrote: Jordan Howard was available last year. That's how I got him. I also got Jay Ajayi, Jaquizz Rogers, Spencer Ware... Guys like that. The year before, I got Dion Lewis. RBs are a dime a dozen. Every team has three of them or so, and guys get hurt. You have to learn to juggle. Top WRs are harder to come by.

I'd take David Johnson and Bell in the first. Other hand them, give me an elite WR.

You can lead a horse to water, man...

Reply/Quote