Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
No Foreign games 2020
(05-05-2020, 04:32 PM)Dynnasti Wrote: I wonder what an NFL season with no fans means for revenue- which leads me to consider what that may mean for how we watch games on TV moving forward. PPV? Who knows?
But they’ve got to generate revenue and if the model is successful or can be, it could possibly lead to local blackouts again. I wonder ...

The real money is in the tv contracts and merchandising now. They local economies in NFL cities will lose revenue and teams will lose gate and concessions but it is small compared to the tv deals. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
The cool thing about int. games was it made it possible for a triple header. (y)
Reply/Quote
I like it. Never been a fan of the foreign games.

I feel for the Fans in other countries but I just don't like teams losing a home game for it.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 10:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like it. Never been a fan of the foreign games.

I feel for the Fans in other countries but I just don't like teams losing a home game for it.

Shhhh, move the entire season to Australia, that's best for the game Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 11:21 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Shhhh, move the entire season to Australia, that's best for the game Wink

I like your style Aussie. Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 11:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like your style Aussie. Cool

Although I think it is nonsense, there are talks to move the Premier League Soccer down here.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 05:26 PM)McC Wrote: Blackouts only ever happened because of unsold seats.  If there are no sold seats and games are only played for tv, blackouts could never apply.

It was the deal the networks made with the league. No sell out= no local tv. Had that deal not been in place (like it is now) sellouts wouldn’t matter- like it is now.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 08:45 PM)Cicero Wrote: The real money is in the tv contracts and merchandising now. They local economies in NFL cities will lose revenue and teams will lose gate and concessions but it is small compared to the tv deals. 

Yes I understand that. But let’s not act like 60k tickets isn’t a real loss. They will create a way to recoup some or all of that. I’m just saying we shouldn’t be surprised with whatever that solution is.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote