Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No London game for us
(01-11-2018, 07:01 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I personally believe that the whole liberal agenda of open borders is part of playing in other countries. It doesn’t mean that I’m right, just my opinion.

(01-11-2018, 07:07 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Maybe it is as simple as that. There is obviously a political push for one world though and using sports to promote that agenda wouldn’t surprise me. Either way, there are large cities in this country that would love a game once a year. There would be money in that too and fellow Americans would benefit. Oh well...

(01-11-2018, 07:13 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It makes some people feel good to make fun of others. Good for the both of you. I’m not a conspiracy theory guy, I’m not gullible either. I feel better now though since you two are 100% sure it’s nothing. After all, there are very few people with that kind of money that have agendas and play huge power games.

Hey brother i don't think they were trying to make fun of yah man atleast PhilHos wasn't.

All i know is i am not a coincidence theorist and i agree with what you say for the most part.

Goodell blowz and him trying to spread the game all over the world proves a lot of what you say here.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey brother i don't think they were trying to make fun of yah man atleast PhilHos wasn't.

All i know is i am not a coincidence theorist and i agree with what you say for the most part.

Goodell blowz and him trying to spread the game all over the world proves a lot of what you say here.

It’s all cool regardless. I just know that there are American cities that would love to have the London set up. I’m an a America first kinda guy. I too am not a fan of Goodell.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:18 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It’s all cool regardless. I just know that there are American cities that would love to have the London set up. I’m an a America first kinda guy.  I too am not a fan of Goodell.

Same here man. Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The NFL announced the games this year and we were not invited back!!
Seahawks/Raiders
Eagles/Jags
Titans/Chargers

Good.  Who the hell wants to set the alarm to watch a football game on Sunday?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 09:16 PM)McC Wrote: Good.  Who the hell wants to set the alarm to watch a football game on Sunday?

I too am glad we're not going to London this season (probably just increases the odds we will go in '19), but the games don't start until 9:30.  I guess some people might not be up at that time.  Oh, you wild and crazy young people.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 09:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I too am glad we're not going to London this season (probably just increases the odds we will go in '19), but the games don't start until 9:30.  I guess some people might not be up at that time.  Oh, you wild and crazy young people.  

I used to be wild.  I used to be crazy.  I must have been young once.

If anything, I have been up since 4, hit the bong at 6 and am napping at 9:30.

I was just playing the party guy bit and you had to go and bust me on it.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 09:40 PM)McC Wrote: I used to be wild.  I used to be crazy.  I must have been young once.

If anything, I have been up since 4, hit the bong at 6 and am napping at 9:30.

I was just playing the party guy bit and you had to go and bust me on it.  

I was counting on a hangover excuse and you hit me with the post-bong nap.  Uncle.

Honestly, I forgot a few of the games were even on until I checked my fantasy lineup for the day and saw people in play.  Damn you Roger (shakes fist).
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The NFL announced the games this year and we were not invited back!!
Seahawks/Raiders
Eagles/Jags
Titans/Chargers

GOOD....now there is no way we have to give up a home game as in 2016. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If we get an automatic W for going to London or Mexico, then I'm OK with the international schedule. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 09:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I too am glad we're not going to London this season (probably just increases the odds we will go in '19), but the games don't start until 9:30.  I guess some people might not be up at that time.  Oh, you wild and crazy young people.  

Be glad you don't live on the left coast then.  6:30 AM your setting on your couch and can't scream at the TV, because no one else is up sucks!!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:13 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It makes some people feel good to make fun of others. Good for the both of you. I’m not a conspiracy theory guy, I’m not gullible either. I feel better now though since you two are 100% sure it’s nothing. After all, there are very few people with that kind of money that have agendas and play huge power games.

I meant nothing negative towards you friend. It's possible to poke fun at an idea or suggestion that you disagree with, without taking aim at the individual that offered it. 
Reply/Quote
We went over for the game in London and had a great time.  Lots of US Bengals fans traveled and the Bengals have their share of fans in the UK and Yurp who made the trip.

We toured London a few days around the game and then traveled up to Scotland.  London is a bit too big and "metropolitian" but Scotland felt more friendly and comfortable for a Midwesterner.  Highly recommended.

It's a bit too soon right now but if they do it again in a few years we'll go back.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Be glad you don't live on the left coast then.  6:30 AM your setting on your couch and can't scream at the TV, because no one else is up sucks!!

If it were solely up to me, we already would.  Or Colorado, at the very least.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 09:36 PM)Erudite Stoner Wrote: I meant nothing negative towards you friend. It's possible to poke fun at an idea or suggestion that you disagree with, without taking aim at the individual that offered it. 

Not your bad, I was having a bad day. It’s all good...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 03:04 PM)Takedown Wrote: So much for the whole conspiracy with us being moved to London lol

If any team is being groomed for this, it is Jacksonville.  I think they go each year and have pathetic attendance.  Jacksonville never should have gotten a team, IMHO.  I think if the Bengals move anywhere, and the town that could support a team is San Antonio.  Great city, great night life...affluent area.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great news because you know they would have taken another home game from us if playing there again.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If any team is being groomed for this, it is Jacksonville.  I think they go each year and have pathetic attendance.  Jacksonville never should have gotten a team, IMHO.  I think if the Bengals move anywhere, and the town that could support a team is San Antonio.  Great city, great night life...affluent area.  
SA would be a great spot for an NFL team if they were looking to move. That might be the only exception I would make to move on from my Bengals. Too far away for me, I don’t know what I would do...
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I think that the whole European thing is really about the league wanting to establish another viable league separate from the league in the US. Perhaps it'll work someday, perhaps not, but having our teams travel there and back every season is just a stepping stone. 
You gotta have a product to sell and the previous experiment with nfleurope was a smashing flop..
A few thoughts though..football in Europe isn't American style football as we all know so if they are ever going to be successful in Europe or anywhere else for that matter they probably ought to find a different name.. Just think about the name alone. National.. That conjures up something unique to each nations culture..Football is already taken. League? Ok.that's fine, but it needs a major rebranding to succeed elsewhere.. International Tackle Ball League?  Nah.. But the term NFL probably isn't ever going to fly in different countries..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 01:12 PM)Takedown Wrote: SA would be a great spot for an NFL team if they were looking to move. That might be the only exception I would make to move on from my Bengals. Too far away for me, I don’t know what I would do...

I would be crushed.  I probably could finally divorce them.  God, I hope this never happens...but if I am being realistic, I think it probably has a decent chance.  The stadium will be empty next year.  Mike Brown isn't going to live forever.  If Katie sees an opportunity to set her family up for centuries with a brand new domed stadium...Ugh, I get sick thinking about it.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 03:35 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This whole sham of a game is another NFL joke, aren’t they talking about Mexico next? This is really just as political as the flag discussion. The NWO and open border crowd may enjoy the London game, it’s a joke to me.

Mexico is at least in a normally used Time Zone...  London is 5 hours off east coast.  which is bad enough but then if west coast teams travel to London its worse on them
Reply/Quote