Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Lou postings.....
Board just doesn't seem the same without all the "Lou sucks" posts..... Ninja
Anarumo has his guys to fit his system, who have bought it, and now are a top 10 unit. Good for him....
Reply/Quote
If I'm wrong about him, I'm more than happy to admit it. I want to see this level of play sustained over an entire season though. Make sure these last two games weren't just a flash in the pan.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
As I said in the other thread, we've looked good against some favorable matchups. Nicely done so far, but if we can avoid giving the Steelers' offense a "get right" game I'll be more impressed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The defense looks good so far, but let’s not start any crow eating threads just yet. Dalton was ripping us apart yesterday before the injury, Mooney let a TD go right through his hands in the end zone, and we have some elite QB’s on our schedule. We really haven’t been tested that much so far.

Some of the QB’s we’ll see the rest of the season…

Rodgers
Lamar (x2)
Herbert
Mahomes

If Lou’s defense is still balling out after facing those guys I’ll give him all the props in the world.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Board just doesn't seem the same without all the "Lou sucks" posts..... Ninja
Anarumo has his guys to fit his system, who have bought it, and now are a top 10 unit. Good for him....

Clearly this board is only active and content when the Bengals are not good. A psychologist could have a field day with all of us. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Board just doesn't seem the same without all the "Lou sucks" posts..... Ninja

Hey i'll give Lou props, he's built  a defense that can be Top 15.  

However, if he doesn't get Apple's ass out from playing DB then we'll keep on giving up at least 1 TD due to his inability to tackle and cover.

There's a reason that dudes been bounced so many time.  He's not good and that's comin from a Buckeye diehard. 
Reply/Quote
Apple straight-up pushing a guy out of bounds to keep him from catching the ball is one hell of a tactic.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

he was the more consistent coach last year  or had the more consistent unit of the two.

Trend remains the same
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he was the more consistent coach last year  or had the more consistent unit of the two.

Trend remains the same

He’s also had all the FA money used on his side of the ball. They should be a really good unit.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s also had all the FA money used on his side of the ball. They should be a really good unit.

which also didnt make much sense given the needs on the other side... But builds in excuses for ZT 
Reply/Quote

We played against a really mediocre offense yesterday, and if I remember correctly couldn’t stop them at the end when it counted. So I don’t buy it until they go against a worthy offensive opponent. 

I also remember you were high on the restructured offensive line this season under Pollack and giving people hell when they didn’t think it was enough, well in 2 games and 9 sacks I would say your enthusiasm was just as premature. 
Reply/Quote
The main issue with the defense has been injuries over the past two seasons.

In 2019 the defense played well to finish the season Particularly the defensive Line which had 21 sacks in the last 7 games.

Last year they played well to start the season but Injuries and drama ruined that season.

So I really can see this unit playing good football particularly in the run game( I think they will be a top 5 unit). I will say I have been impressed by the pass rush so far and they're much better than I thought they would be.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s also had all the FA money used on his side of the ball. They should be a really good unit.

However, the argument was the offensive side of the ball didn't need the money invested like the defense so everyone was cool with $200M being invested on the D over the past 2 seasons.  

I guess we now see what happens when you neglect the offensive upgrades neede (IE offensive line) 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:10 PM)GodFather Wrote: We played against a really mediocre offense yesterday, and if I remember correctly couldn’t stop them at the end when it counted. So I don’t buy it until they go against a worthy offensive opponent. 

I also remember you were high on the restructured offensive line this season under Pollack and giving people hell when they didn’t think it was enough, well in 2 games and 9 sacks I would say your enthusiasm was just as premature. 

All 9 of those are not on the line though...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:10 PM)GodFather Wrote: We played against a really mediocre offense yesterday, and if I remember correctly couldn’t stop them at the end when it counted. So I don’t buy it until they go against a worthy offensive opponent. 

Dude, we held Montgomery to 61 yards on 20 carries. That's with a rookie QB playing most of the game; that's with the Bears having a significant lead most of the game. That's a helluva job they did.

We win the game yesterday if our offense doesn't wait til 5 minutes left in the game to do something.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dude, we held Montgomery to 61 yards on 20 carries. That's with a rookie QB playing most of the game; that's with the Bears having a significant lead most of the game. That's a helluva job they did.

We win the game yesterday if our offense doesn't wait til 5 minutes left in the game to do something.

No doubt the offense lost that game yesterday. My point is the Bears offense is not that good. And the rookie QB clearly played due to Dalton's injury. Dalton drove down and scored right away at the beginning of the game. All Im saying is to hail this defense now is extremely immature, just like the OL in preseason...
Reply/Quote

Yeah, his D looks good out there this year for damn sure. Getting pressure, tackling well, flying to the ball, making plays etc.

This is even with Eli Apple starting who shouldn't be. Hoping Waynes plays against Pitt. I see significant improvement by the DL
and the LB's so far this year. Hobby and Golden also deserve some credit. Wilson played very good yesterday and could of won
if for us. Great interception and should of had that scoop and score, too bad he didn't fall on the fumble if he couldn't scoop it.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The defense looks good so far, but let’s not start any crow eating threads just yet. Dalton was ripping us apart yesterday before the injury, Mooney let a TD go right through his hands in the end zone, and we have some elite QB’s on our schedule. We really haven’t been tested that much so far.

Some of the QB’s we’ll see the rest of the season…

Rodgers
Lamar (x2)
Herbert
Mahomes

If Lou’s defense is still balling out after facing those guys I’ll give him all the props in the world.

True, need to be cautiously optimistic here. I need to look again but who is home or away with Mahomes, Rodgers and Herbert?

This should make a huge difference with the crowd noise. If we are on the road, we could be in trouble especially if we have to go
to KC and play Mahomes. Great game last night by the way in the 36-35 Ravens win over the Chiefs. The entire AFC North is now 
1-1. This Sunday is a damn big game to see if we can take the lead in the Division.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, need to be cautiously optimistic here. I need to look again but who is home or away with Mahomes, Rodgers and Herbert?

This should make a huge difference with the crowd noise. If we are on the road, we could be in trouble especially if we have to go
to KC and play Mahomes. Great game last night by the way in the 36-35 Ravens win over the Chiefs. The entire AFC North is now 
1-1. This Sunday is a damn big game to see if we can take the lead in the Division.

All 3 are at home.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All 3 are at home.

Great news. Big difference need our fans to be loud and we can give those guys some trouble...

Especially Herbert and Rodgers. Mahomes is just so damn special he seems to play great even when the fans are loud though.
Reply/Quote