Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Love for UC?
After a HUGE win over ND, I expected to see some chatter. Guess everybody here's a UC backetball fan and ND football fan or something?

I'm not usually a UC fan but I sure was today. Congrats to Coach Fickell and the boys for slaying the dragon ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If they finish undefeated then they should go to the playoffs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Oregon just lost to Stanford so that helps them out.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 08:42 PM)J24 Wrote: If they finish undefeated then they should go to the playoffs.

I agree, but the reality is they’ll need a lot of help. Do you think they’d get in ahead of a one loss Ohio State, Oregon, or team from the SEC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 10:36 AM)bjf123 Wrote: I agree, but the reality is they’ll need a lot of help. Do you think they’d get in ahead of a one loss Ohio State, Oregon, or team from the SEC?

Possibly, but they'll need for ND to win a lot of games.  The rest of their schedule is less than daunting, so they'll really need for that quality win to have been over another top 10 team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I thought the Bearcats were in the Big 10. I actually am not sure if undefeated they make it in. Their schedule is absolutely garbage and Notre Dame was already looking weak before they played them.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 10:36 AM)bjf123 Wrote: I agree, but the reality is they’ll need a lot of help. Do you think they’d get in ahead of a one loss Ohio State, Oregon, or team from the SEC?

Honestly no I don't but that has more to do with the system than anything else. If UC does finish undefeated then they should get in because they arguably have the best two out of conference victories in the nation. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 09:28 PM)J24 Wrote: Honestly no I don't but that has more to do with the system than anything else. If UC does finish undefeated then they should get in because they arguably have the best two out of conference victories in the nation. 

But strenght of Schedule will knock them out of top 4
Reply/Quote
Coastal Carolina went undefeated last year while beating a Big 12 Team on the road, a Louisiana teams that came in undefeated including a win over Iowa State, and an undefeated BYU team that were routing folks.

They were awarded with an invite to the Cure Bowl on DEC 26
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think the committee might let the Bearcats in as the 4 seed only if they win big the rest of the season. No close games. Also, the committee has been getting heat lately for not selecting some of the smaller schools with undefeated records. In other words, politically correctness.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Coastal Carolina went undefeated last year while beating a Big 12 Team on the road, a Louisiana teams that came in undefeated including a win over Iowa State, and an undefeated BYU team that were routing folks.

UC will be in a little better position because of how well the did last year.  Last year should not effect this years team, but it does.

Also, SMU is currently ranked #24 and they are still on the schedule.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: UC will be in a little better position because of how well the did last year.  Last year should not effect this years team, but it does.

Also, SMU is currently ranked #24 and they are still on the schedule.

Coastal Carolina is also undefeated this year; just as they were last year. Look for UC v. CC in the Whogivesashit Bowl. It's not fair, but it's the way this jacked up bowl series works.. 

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Coastal Carolina went undefeated last year while beating a Big 12 Team on the road, a Louisiana teams that came in undefeated including a win over Iowa State, and an undefeated BYU team that were routing folks.

Well if that isn’t the pinnacle I don’t know what is.

I think UC has a much better chance than CC. They are a much larger school, and they have a chance to be ranked in the top four. I’m kind of hoping the Bucs don’t get the nod because their defensive backfield is young and could get embarrassed so I’ll root for the Cats to get in.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
That Bama loss could be big…

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 03:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That Bama loss could be big…

Only if they lose again. Does anyone think the committee would take UC over a one loss Alabama? If they beat Georgia in the SEC Championship, I think both SEC teams with one loss would go before UC. Whether they should or not is a different question.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 03:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That Bama loss could be big…

It could move Cincy up to #4 in the AP Poll, but the biggest Poll releases on NOV 2. It would have been great for UC if Texas could have held off OU. All things staying the same I see Cincy opening the Bowl Series Ranking at about 8th-9th:

UGA
Iowa
Oklahoma
Alabama
OSU
MICH
Oregon
Cincy

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It could move Cincy up to #4 in the AP Poll, but the biggest Poll releases on NOV 2. It would have been great for UC if Texas could have held off OU. All things staying the same I see Cincy opening the Bowl Series Ranking at about 8th-9th:

UGA
Iowa
Oklahoma
Alabama
OSU
MICH
Oregon
Cincy

Which is sad, because honestly the way they played against Notre Dame and the way they've been playing under Fickell there is only two teams I see on that list that I'd pick to beat them. Georgia and Alabama (even after that loss, they are still a force). But none of the Big 10, Big 12 or Pac 12 schools would I pick over U.C. right now.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:30 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Which is sad, because honestly the way they played against Notre Dame and the way they've been playing under Fickell there is only two teams I see on that list that I'd pick to beat them. Georgia and Alabama (even after that loss, they are still a force). But none of the Big 10, Big 12 or Pac 12 schools would I pick over U.C. right now.

probly still wont make top 4 by years end... which is sad but how it is.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:33 AM)bjf123 Wrote: Only if they lose again. Does anyone think the committee would take UC over a one loss Alabama? 

Which is dumb.  

If UC finishes out the season undefeated and gets pushed out of playoff contention by Alabama and OSU, then the playoffs needs to be extended.  It's as simple as that.  It's becoming so ***** dull seeing the same teams go the playoffs every single year.

If Alabama wants to be in the playoffs, don't drop a game to an unranked team they should handedly beat.  Simple enough. Holding a hard "no losses allowed" stance at least gives the committee a chance to shake things up each year.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:46 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Which is dumb.  

If UC finishes out the season undefeated and gets pushed out of playoff contention by Alabama and OSU, then the playoffs needs to be extended.  It's as simple as that.  It's becoming so ***** dull seeing the same teams go the playoffs every single year.

If Alabama wants to be in the playoffs, don't drop a game to an unranked team they should handedly beat.  Simple enough. Holding a hard "no losses allowed" stance at least gives the committee a chance to shake things up each year.

I agree, but that doesn’t change the fact that the committee will likely still take a 1 loss ‘Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, etc., over an undefeated UC.

Reply/Quote