Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Love for UC?
(12-31-2021, 08:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Cincinnati could compete with alot of power 5 teams right now but most power 5 teams can't compete with Alabama.

Recruiting is lopsided in college football. 

They could compete with a lot of average Power 5 teams. The same thing happens to Notre Dame when they get in the BCS. 

Hopefully they expand the BCS. It would have been nice to expand to 8 and maybe give Cincy a chance to win 1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If it ends up 24-6 or 27-6, does that still show how group of 5 don't belong in playoffs?? Or will the media give any kind of credit to UC
Reply/Quote
All I know is the Bearcats need to get much better on offense, the defense has been good enough to win this game with a competent offense. Time to hit up that transfer portal and also get to recruiting.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They could compete with a lot of average Power 5 teams. The same thing happens to Notre Dame when they get in the BCS CFP.
 Hopefully they expand the BCS CFP. It would have been nice to expand to 8 and maybe give Cincy a chance to win 1

Fixed it for you.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 08:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All I know is the Bearcats need to get much better on offense, the defense has been good enough to win this game with a competent offense. Time to hit up that transfer portal and also get to recruiting.

They have some solid guys coming in, but most on defense, I think. At least they know what they need to address to compete with the big boys 
Reply/Quote
I'm wondering if we will hear the same comments on Sunday.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 08:44 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I'm wondering if we will hear the same comments on Sunday.

UC's not playing on Sunday.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I kind of hate the Nick Saban love. Can you imagine how many SBs Bill Belichick and Tom Brady win if they didn't have to worry about things like salary caps, free agency, or drafting so they could just horde all of the talent?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: UC's not playing on Sunday.

Change "UC" to "Bengals"
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I kind of hate the Nick Saban love. Can you imagine how many SBs Bill Belichick and Tom Brady win if they didn't have to worry about things like salary caps, free agency, or drafting so they could just horde all of the talent?

I understand the Hate. People are always jealous of us WV natives.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think the pundits and talking heads will give UC their due. Hell of an accomplishment for them to get this far. The list of Alabama victims is long and filled with some big-time programs. Kudos to UC for a great run.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 08:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I think the pundits and talking heads will give UC their due.  Hell of an accomplishment for them to get this far.  The list of Alabama victims is long and filled with some big-time programs.  Kudos to UC for a great run.

Already seen a couple saying that's why group of 5 teams don't belong in the playoffs
Reply/Quote
Well shit that was tough to watch. Knew they would run it down our throats instead of challenging our DB’s but damn, thought our offense would at least get a TD. Proud of what they did the last 2 years but in Cincy fashion, crumble on the National stage. SMH
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 09:04 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Already seen a couple saying that's why group of 5 teams don't belong in the playoffs

I’m not against non power 5 teams making it, but only when they have an actual tough strength of schedule.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 08:39 PM)sloSTI Wrote: If it ends up 24-6 or 27-6, does that still show how group of 5 don't belong in playoffs?? Or will the media give any kind of credit to UC

No. I’m first an OSU fan and they’ve been beat worse than that. Oklahoma routinely gets shellacked
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Good season for UC, a shame it's over.
Reply/Quote
Yep, congrats to UC for a great season.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 09:22 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m not against non power 5 teams making it, but only when they have an actual tough strength of schedule.

They were as deserving as anyone else in top 6 or so
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 09:04 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Already seen a couple saying that's why group of 5 teams don't belong in the playoffs

https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/1477083513509851136

I’d say UC belonged as much as any of the other 4 seeds who lost by an average of 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I feel bad for the UC secondary. They deserved better.

Reply/Quote