Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More Marvin Loyalty Means Whole New Look
(01-20-2019, 01:43 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: And there will be some that are disappointed to find out our new coaches go in a different direction, moving on from players they love.

You beat me to it, I'd all but guarantee it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:56 AM)kevin Wrote: With Coach Marvin Lewis and his loyalty to coaches and players gone, it means huge changes. Some say Marvin was loyal to a fault. The word is it is Zac Taylor coming in. He will have no Marvin favorites or Bengals Fan Favorites coming in. Anybody can go. We are already hearing the O Line Coach has packed up and left in news rumors. All the coaches may be gone. Many of the players may be gone. It's a complete rebuild. The whole idea that the team in September 2019 is very different from the team in December of 2018.

So Fans get ready. Some of the players you are loyal to may not be who the new coach wants in is system. Accept that because changes are needed. Most of the Bengals going free agent are players the new coach may not even want. As for all the tight ends going free agent, the new coach may think he can do better than all of them, and he has no Marvin or Fan loyalty to them.

So with Marvin Loyalty gone, some players Fans loyal to may soon be gone as well. The new coach is hired from outside the franchise and doesn't know or care about anything in Bengals past. So forget the past and what players did in the past. It will certainly be a whole new coach, a who new system, new playbook, new coaches, new players. Out with the old, in with the new. Considering the Bengals have had 3 straight losing seasons, these are much needed changes. It would seem the NFL has changed and the Bengals didn't change with it. The Bengals join the new NFL in 2019. Get out of the quicksand. The retread tires of Marvin such as Hue are gone.

GO BENGALS. A Whole New Look. The start of the 2020's decade Bengals. GO BENGALS INTO THE FUTURE.

We close the window of opportunity on the 2010's Bengals. The did have 5 straight play-off seasons which is something this losing franchise never did. Still, it never won a play-off game. So the team opens the window on the 2020's decade with a fresh start into the new decade hoping play-off wins and Super Bowls in the new era of Bengals football. Hopefully also the Bengals Front Office in rigamortis springs new life and change as well. There is too much Loyalty in the Front Office jobs considering there is too much nepotism and not enough winning. Take the retread tires off the Front Office as well. I use the Super Bowl Trophy because that should be the goal of this franchise and if it isn't, then this franchise has already lost in the future also. Hopefully huge changes are coming.

It is exciting times, this is exactly what this team needed, an enima!

We will have a shot at a Playoff win now, i mean what will it be like to actually have some confidence in your coach in being able to outcoach other coaches? I know this is jumping the gun but atleast we will have a chance of this now and from all i hear about Taylor he is one hell of a coach that has a commanding presence and is a great communicator. The times they are a changing.

And it is about damn time.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 05:26 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not trying to get this thread moved to PnR, but I know of a QB with an Afro whose name rhymes with Saepernick. Probably could've used a guy like that the last month of the season...

Just stop....

would rather have signed Grossman over that clown
Reply/Quote
As long as they keep the orange and black tiger striped helmets, I'm open to basically anything.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 04:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Just stop....

Yeah, I gotta agree.  When a guy is a one trick pony that the league had figured out, was supplanted by Blaine firggin' Gabbert, has the touch of a Nolan Ryan splitter in the dirt......the extra baggage isn't exactly going to help your case. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 01:43 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: And there will be some that are disappointed to find out our new coaches go in a different direction, moving on from players they love.

You mean ZT won't kick off his first press conference by saying "Holy crap, Auden Tate...this guy...amirite?"
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We will have a shot at a Playoff win now, i mean what will it be like to actually have some confidence in your coach in being able to outcoach other coaches? I know this is jumping the gun but atleast we will have a chance of this now

So when we had a coach who had beaten the best coaches head-to-head (Belichick, Carroll, McCarthy, Andy Reid, Sean Peyton, etc) we had no chance, but now that we have a guy who has never won a single game against anyone we do?

You people are crazy.
Reply/Quote

(01-21-2019, 05:14 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, I gotta agree.  When a guy is a one trick pony that the league had figured out, was supplanted by Blaine firggin' Gabbert, has the touch of a Nolan Ryan splitter in the dirt......the extra baggage isn't exactly going to help your case. Smirk

Damn rights.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So when we had a coach who had beaten the best coaches head-to-head (Belichick, Carroll, McCarthy, Andy Reid, Sean Peyton, etc) we had no chance, but now that we have a guy who has never won a single game against anyone we do?

You people are crazy.

0-7

You are crazy.
Reply/Quote

Didn't have to worry about it, because they rolled with a guy who's worse than both of them. Not that it really mattered. The season was over by then anyway.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 06:12 PM)jason Wrote: Didn't have to worry about it, because they rolled with a guy who's worse than both of them. Not that it really mattered. The season was over by then anyway.

I usually agree with you Jason, but how could you know if that clown is better?

He has been out of the game for years and the league already had him figured out before that?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is exciting times, this is exactly what this team needed, an enima!

We will have a shot at a Playoff win now, i mean what will it be like to actually have some confidence in your coach in being able to outcoach other coaches? I know this is jumping the gun but atleast we will have a chance of this now and from all i hear about Taylor he is one hell of a coach that has a commanding presence and is a great communicator. The times they are a changing.

Agreed. It is about time for the next chapter.

As a fan, I am hoping that Marvin's ceiling is now the floor for the new Coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 06:35 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Agreed. It is about time for the next chapter.

As a fan, I am hoping that Marvin's ceiling is now the floor for the new Coach.

Exactly, and i bet we will have a better shot at beating our Divisional rivals in the Pitt with a coach that was not a fan of them growing up. To consistently lose to that team just made me angry, have to beat them atleast half the damn time.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 06:35 PM)XsandOs Wrote: As a fan, I am hoping that Marvin's ceiling is now the floor for the new Coach.

That could be a big problem for all the fans here who claimed that making the playoffs was meaningless because every team did it every year, and that a coach with a winning record against other NFL coaches is somehow "the worst".

The fact is that an overwhelming majority of NFL coaches have been losers.  The winners hold onto their jobs for long stretches.  During the same period of time multiple losers get their chance for a short while and get fired.

So, all else being equal, the odds are that Zac Taylor will be a loser because the majority of NFL coaches are.
Reply/Quote
I think what some fans are truly excited about is more than the changes of coaching staff; it is a distinct possibility that Mike Brown has relinquished most of the control to others. If this is reality, than after almost 30 years of Mike Brown's standard of loyalty to a fault, acceptance of mediocrity, and tradition have ended. At least that is my hope.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 06:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I usually agree with you Jason, but how could you know if that clown is better?

He has been out of the game for years and the league already had him figured out before that?

Did the league have him figured out, or did the team, and coaching staff implode around him? By 2015 every weapon he had on offense was gone... No Gore, Vernon Davis, Crabtree. The playmakers on that defense were all gone too. Jim Harbaugh was replaced by some guy named Thomsula. Is that on Kaepernick?

Kaepernick didn't do himself any favors, and I don't think he's an all-time great, but I do think he's better than most, if not all of the back up QBs in the league. He's certainly better than Jake Driskell.

All in all I don't care. I'm not saying I agree with anything Kaepernick has done, and I'm not saying I disagree with it. I was just responding to a post about Andy not having a decent back up to push him or spell him. The post I responded to said it'd be nice to have a guy who could come in and mix it up if Andy's playing like shit. Colin could've certainly done that. He's been gone awhile, and I'm not sure he can do anything anymore... And again. I don't really care.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 07:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That could be a big problem for all the fans here who claimed that making the playoffs was meaningless because every team did it every year, and that a coach with a winning record against other NFL coaches is somehow "the worst".

The fact is that an overwhelming majority of NFL coaches have been losers.  The winners hold onto their jobs for long stretches.  During the same period of time multiple losers get their chance for a short while and get fired.

So, all else being equal, the odds are that Zac Taylor will be a loser because the majority of NFL coaches are.

Nobody ever claimed either of those things, so just stop.

What was his record against Mike Tomlin?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is exciting times, this is exactly what this team needed, an enima!

Yep, at least we have hope now ! We knew Marvin Lewis was gonna get out coached any time it really mattered.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 07:38 PM)McC Wrote: Nobody ever claimed either of those things, so just stop.

What was his record against Mike Tomlin?

Yep, if anything Fred is saying that not winning in the Playoffs and always losing to the Steelers is just fine and dandy.

Then calling ME crazy.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 07:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That could be a big problem for all the fans here who claimed that making the playoffs was meaningless because every team did it every year, and that a coach with a winning record against other NFL coaches is somehow "the worst".

I have always been a fan of Lewis and appreciate what he did here. Especially, in his early days.

If someone had guaranteed us in 2003, that Lewis would lead us to 5 playoff appearances and two division titles over the next 10 years, we would have been ecstatic. Which is what he did.

But that expectation was based on a decade of absolute failure.

Expectations change. Its time for the next step.   

Fred, its time to move on. 

Lets hope that the new Coach is successful and brings us a SB trophy.
Reply/Quote