Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Orlando Brown Mock
Combine definitely changed my mind about Brown. I want the Bengals to get monsters for the o-line that just chuck guys around and Brown just isn't that. I think he got by using his size to just get in guys way in college, that won't work in the NFL.

1. Mike McGlichey, 6'8" 309lbs OT.  I was surprised by his height and length and a little disappointed by his vert and board jump.  The Bengals HAVE to fix the o-line or nothing else they do this offseason will matter.  I'd also be more than happy with Nelson if he drops to 12 or Kolton Miller who might have the highest ceiling of the tackles in this class.
[Image: r172818_576x324_16-9.jpg]

2. Billy Price, 6'4" 305 C.  Hopefully the pec injury causes him to drop just enough. Prior to the injury I didn't think Price or Daniels would make it to our second round pick. Continuing to fix the o-line.
[Image: billy-price-ohio-state-football.jpg?w=650]

3a.  Malik Jefferson, 6'2" 236 ILB.  There's some concern about his passion for the game, that doesn't bother me outside of the first round.  The teams needs more talent and athleticism at linebacker and Jefferson delivers both of those things.
[Image: dm_151015_ncf_freshmenfocus.jpg]

3b. Brayden Smith, 6'6" 315lbs RG.  One more piece for the line. Smith showed off a lot of power at the combine and would make a nice road grader at RG.
[Image: 636355793181832402-AUBSMITH.jpg]

4. Dane Cruikshank, 6'1" 209lbs FS/SS.  Swing safety with big upside, could be starting in two years and helping on ST immediately.
[Image: 636121579950048514-USATSI-9608834.jpg]

5a. Troy Fumagalli, 6'5" 247lbs TE.  Well rounded tight end that can block, has very reliable hands and is pro ready, but limited speed and athleticism.
[Image: AR-161129977.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667]

5b. Kurt Benkert, 6'3" 218lbs QB.  Need a quality back-up. Not a threat to take Daltons job or as franchise QB. Just a solid back-up with a good arm. Also like Nic Shimonek as a late round back-up type.
[Image: 6_7645674.jpg]

6. Michael Badgely, K.  I think the team should try again with a  kicking competition.
[Image: 487882226-justin-vogel-hold-the-ball-as-...0WHA%3d%3d]

7's. Get some projects and ST players. WR, CB, RB.
Reply/Quote
Love that you went heavy on the OL, and I really like those selections. Let's just hope the war room sees it the same way as you do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Like Sunset said, like the heavy early OL picks.

Plus other needs are included so hope it goes this direction and the team follows suit.

Plus am fine if another kicker is drafted as long as it is a late pick, 7th would even be better.

Bullock did fine last season but it wears me out that Bengals wasted an earlier pick than necessary if we were planning on possibly cutting him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 03:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Like Sunset said, like the heavy early OL picks.

Plus other needs are included so hope it goes this direction and the team follows suit.

Plus am fine if another kicker is drafted as long as it is a late pick, 7th would even be better.

Bullock did fine last season but it wears me out that Bengals wasted an earlier pick than necessary if we were planning on possibly cutting him.

Sure, Bullock did an acceptable job last season.  I'm really not convinced that he's the long term solution as our kicker.  My gut feeling says that last season was an anomaly, rather than the typical expectation for Bullock.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Do we really care about how high and how far a tackle can jump? As long as he can move people out of the way and protect the QB then im fine. Im all aboard on fixing the oline early.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 03:43 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Do we really care about how high and how far a tackle can jump? As long as he can move people out of the way and protect the QB then im fine. Im all aboard on fixing the oline early.

Those test are designed to measure explosion, not jumping ability.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 03:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, Bullock did an acceptable job last season.  I'm really not convinced that he's the long term solution as our kicker.  My gut feeling says that last season was an anomaly, rather than the typical expectation for Bullock.

Not sold either 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Offensive line emphasis hits me just right. Only hoping the Bengals have some great awakening and actually do something like this.
Reply/Quote