Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Play-Off Wins Since 1990 Season MUST END TODAY
It is unfair this falls on players such as Burrow and Chase.  Burrow in only his second year as is Higgins.  Chase in only his first year as is McPherson.  Many New Bengals who had NOTHING to do with this awful NFL leading losing streak record.  However, if Bengals lose, all anybody will be talking about is The Streak of No Play-Off Wins since 1990 Continues on.  Forget all the 2021 Bengals have done in winning the AFC North.

I say it is not fair to put it all on this team.  Burrow and Chase not born when those awful years started from 1991 to 2004 without one single trip to the play-offs and often this franchise having the worst record in the NFL many years. Blame should fall on the head of Mike Brown, Dave Shula, Bruce Coslet, Richard LeBeau for those seasons.  Then there is Chad Ocho freaking out at halftime 2005 when he hears Carson Palmer will not return to the game. Kitna had the Bengals in the lead, the team should have been more professional and rallied behind Kitna. 2009 ended in a thud losing to Jets twice in 7 days.  2011 and 2012 was a young Dalton to Green team in their first years, on the road in Houston. I thought they played hard, and considering many thought the team would go 0-16 without Ocho and Palmer. 2013 was sad because Bengals had the play-off game in Cincinnati, but the Chargers dominated the trenches and the game. 2014 the Bengals were too injured and at Indy the Colts were the heavy favorites and won easy with half the Bengals unable to play.  2015 the Bengals lost in the most Stupid way I've ever seen a team in any sport lose a game.  Ahead with one minute to go.  Hill fumbles.  Here comes Big Ben for one last chance, but wait.  Burfict and Pacman both freak out and give up 30 yards of unsportsman penalties, and Big Ben doesn't have to do anything as the The Bengals handed Steelers game winning field goal range.  We know about the awful seasons from 2016 to 2020.

So it is unfair that it all falls on this New young team to end 31 years of losing by this franchise.  And yet This Streak Must END. TODAY.

So I'm hoping by days end this monkey is off their backs.  That Burrow and Chase and others are not cast down into the history of losing with these other teams.  That Bengals will WIN, a rainbow will cross the sky as if after a storm, and all will be right with The Bengals.  The Play-Off losing streak over so nobody can hold THAT over this teams head yet another year.  

THIS is NOT just another play-off game.  It IS time for this thing to END.  Again, it is unfair it falls on such young players not even born when the streak began, but only they can end it today.   LOSE and the Losing Streak is the Only thing people will talk about.  WIN and it is over.  THIS is NOT just another play-off game.  This Losing Streak In Play-OFFS needs to END TODAY.

GO BENGALS

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I just hope that if they can't pull out the win today, fans have some class and don't immediately turn on the players.
Reply/Quote
If they play up to their abilities they should have this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 04:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I just hope that if they can't pull out the win today, fans have some class and don't immediately turn on the players.

It will start with ESPN and NFL Network and Media only talking about yet another link in the chain of the Bengals 32 years now losing streak.  Of course that will fall heavy upon the front office, coaches, players and Fans 

But a Bengals WIN would be Supreme Glory.  That this awful streak ends, The wicked witch is dead. All Hail Burrow and Chase and the 2021 Bengals. Finally for Mike Brown, his First Play-Off Win since his father Paul Brown died. Mike Browns first taste of Victory at the helm. This WIN must happen. It must happen TODAY.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It's not unfair. This will mean the world to them if they end this streak. They are the team to do it.

Reply/Quote
They should win.

The media has been talking for weeks about who the next head coach is going to be for the Raiders. Hello Jim Harbaugh.

Yet here are the Raiders playing a game they shouldn't be playing.
Reply/Quote
That's a really passionate post, Kevin, so I had to get on here and say something. We'll know in a little bit more than an hour!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 05:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's not unfair. This will mean the world to them if they end this streak. They are the team to do it.

I hope our Bengals WIN.  But I do think this franchise 31 years of Losing is Unfair to be placed on these New Players, for they really had nothing to do with Bengals horrible past.  Many not born yet when the awful streak began.  They are like that Lord of Rings movie, let them End The Curse that has weighed heavy all these decades on Bengal Land.   Let THIS day be a Victory and a Great Day in Bengals Nation. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
No, the season Must NOT End Today!
Reply/Quote
I guarantee a win! Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm 37 and have never seen a Bengals playoff win. I was 6 for the 1990/91 win.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I won’t hold it against the players at all. I didn’t expect them anywhere near the playoffs. They’ve done a remarkable job. I think it’s a stupid stat. If you don’t at least make the Super Bowl, who cares how far you went in the playoffs. That being said I want it to end as well just to shut it up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
**** the raiders...
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 05:13 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No, the season Must NOT End Today!

Agreed Sir, and a thousand times again.  However the 31 year NFL leading non play-off win streak must End Today, and I agree, The Bengals season continues.   We are indeed in agreement, Sir. We Both want VICTORY. 

Tiger Tiger Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 05:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I won’t hold it against the players at all. I didn’t expect them anywhere near the playoffs. They’ve done a remarkable job. I think it’s a stupid stat. If you don’t at least make the Super Bowl, who cares how far you went in the playoffs. That being said I want it to end as well just to shut it up.

That kind of sums it up. 
Reply/Quote
YES.....GREAT WIN.....GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey DancingHappyYesYesYesHappyHappyClappingDancingDancingDancingWho DeyTiger

I turn 67 Sunday. Last Bengals Play-Off Win I was 35. This is only B-Day present I need. So many have never seen Bengals win a Play-Off Game, I'm so Happy for them and All Bengals Nation.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote