Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Positives. Just Facepalm.
0-7 now. his record in the playoffs. are we missing something here? 0-7. is there anything that needs to be said? i don't think there is.....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:27 AM)WildCat Wrote: 0-7 now. his record in the playoffs. are we missing something here? 0-7. is there anything that needs to be said? i don't think there is.....

At least he leads the statistics in some category... Ninja
Reply/Quote
I will say this: in 13 years under Marvin, they are 0-7 in the playoffs. The 13 years before Marvin? 0-0 in the playoffs. Seems like the franchise's problem is bigger than Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
Only the Bengals....and only Mike Brown view this as a successful season and will reward Marvin an Extension after one of the worst playoff loses in NFL history. Simply Astonishing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some franchises actually find ways to continue moving forward.
I'm hoping we do the right thing tomorrow, as we make the first step to righting the ship for next season.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:34 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Some franchises actually find ways to continue moving forward.
I'm hoping we do the right thing tomorrow, as we make the first step to righting the ship for next season.

1 year extension on its way
Reply/Quote
I am definitely opposed to taking action tomorrow. I'm willing to move on from Marvin once there's a plan for a replacement. I'm not willing to jump on the random coaching carousel and turn into effing Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:35 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 1 year extension on its way

Unfortunately......you are correct sir. The players have zero discipline and this loss falls right at the feet of Marvin. Before you hand the ball to Hill that series after the INT, you grab him by the facemask and look him dead in the eyes and tell him to go to the ground on first contact and if he fumbles....don't bother going to the locker room, the equipment guys will put your stuff in the parking lot. Unfortunately, we got an idiot trying to fight for unnecessary yards....and of course...fumbles. Then we see one of the All-Time choke jobs in NFL history.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:36 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: I am definitely opposed to taking action tomorrow. I'm willing to move on from Marvin once there's a plan for a replacement. I'm not willing to jump on the random coaching carousel and turn into effing Cleveland.

It's funny that people think we will turn into Cleveland if we fire Marvin Lewis. Marvin Lewis would be a good GM, but is a horrible coach. With the roster we have now Chip Kelly would bring us to the Superbowl. Not that I want Kelly. I just think he's the opposite of Lewis. I think he's good on the field, but is bad at making roster moves.

Hmmm maybe move Lewis to GM, and have Kelly as a HC Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with moving on from Marvin once a plan is in place to replace him with someone clearly better. I just don't believe in firing someone who, while not ideal, is the best coach this franchise has had since Paul Brown was the owner, until there's a strategy for his replacement. Once we have that, fine, move on, but I'd take Marvin over some random schmo who is currently a coordinator somewhere else.
Reply/Quote