Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
No Preseason Snaps for Some Bengals?
(09-06-2022, 02:57 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Some of our big name players did not play at all during preseason, will this be an issue for the first 2-3 games?  Not sure how practice equates to real game experience, (if you want to call preseason real game experience).  Not sure how they could be ready to go if they did not really see any other competition besides their own team.

Does it matter?

How many preseason games do colleges play?

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 09:24 AM)casear2727 Wrote: How many preseason games do colleges play?

Depends on the school, Alabama for example is playing 4 this year. Lol

Started with the Mountain West juggernaut that is Utah State (55-0). Then they play non-bowl-eligible 5-7 unranked Texas, then they play Sunbelt team UL Monroe. Then they play Vanderbilt who has won 5 games the last 3 years combined.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 09:35 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Depends on the school, Alabama for example is playing 4 this year. Lol

Started with the Mountain West juggernaut that is Utah State (55-0). Then they play non-bowl-eligible 5-7 unranked Texas, then they play Sunbelt team UL Monroe. Then they play Vanderbilt who has won 5 games the last 3 years combined.

Ninja

I stand corrected.  LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:42 PM)pally Wrote: Every single starter will be on the field Sunday, in good health too.  Benefit outweighs risk

True, besides these players have for the most part, been playing football since high school every year... experience and good coaching are the only things making them better (and maintaining their in-shape status that they're responsible for).
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:57 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Some of our big name players did not play at all during preseason, will this be an issue for the first 2-3 games?  Not sure how practice equates to real game experience, (if you want to call preseason real game experience).  Not sure how they could be ready to go if they did not really see any other competition besides their own team.

Does it matter?

Could be with the OL and yes it will matter if this is the case even if it was the right way to go. Needed our big name players 
healthy and they can improve as the first few games go on. Expecting some penalties and a slow start on Sunday. Defenses are
always ahead of the Offenses early in the season for the most part. We should get it going by the end of the 2nd quarter.

What is nice is we match up perfectly with the stealers in this one. So it is the perfect Defense to go against to gain experience 
and chemistry except for the refs that always favor the stealers. This most likely will be evident early and the refs of course will
blame being rusty too even though I bet we see just poor calls in favor of the stealers and none for us like always lol
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be with the OL and yes it will matter if this is the case even if it was the right way to go. Needed our big name players 
healthy and they can improve as the first few games go on. Expecting some penalties and a slow start on Sunday. Defenses are
always ahead of the Offenses early in the season for the most part. We should get it going by the end of the 2nd quarter.

What is nice is we match up perfectly with the stealers in this one. So it is the perfect Defense to go against to gain experience 
and chemistry except for the refs that always favor the stealers. This most likely will be evident early and the refs of course will
blame being rusty too even though I bet we see just poor calls in favor of the stealers and none for us like always lol

That may very well be the case, but I kind of have a feeling that may change this year. The Rapist everyone slobbered all over is gone, and Burrow is one of the leagues new darlings. Pissburgh may very well be losing it's home field ref advantage they have every place they play. It's just a feeling....
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 09:35 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: More teams would rather give there star players reps when it counts it seems. I’m glad the Bengals feel the same way

Still feel the same after seeing that shit show?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 08:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Still feel the same after seeing that shit show?

I expected a better performance out of the line today but still having issues. I didn’t expect 5 sacks. I also don’t think 2 series against back ups in the preseason would have made a difference.

Burrow still isn’t 100% and it showed yesterday. Tee was concussed and out the 2nd half. Harris was hurt and that messed up the kicking game. Still had a shot to win with all the crap that happened. They can hopefully work it out and beat Dallas next week who is without Dak.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 08:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Still feel the same after seeing that shit show?

Seeing Watt go out with what is probably a season ending torn pec and Najee Harris go out with a Lis Franc sprain he got in camp, where the stealers were tackling to the ground and playing their starters in the pre-season, makes me feel very glad we rested ours.
Reply/Quote