Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Retreads Please
(11-26-2018, 10:12 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hue Jackson, of all the Head Coach candidates out there, is like 100 spots behind the guy on the very bottom of the list. And that's being nice.

Hue Jackson’s career peaked in 2005 as the Bengals’ wide receiver coach. Then again, it’s hard to screw up talent like Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, and Chris Henry.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:18 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Hue Jackson’s career peaked in 2005 as the Bengals’ wide receiver coach. Then again, it’s hard to screw up talent like Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, and Chris Henry.

And then he got punched in the face by Chad Johnson lol

*yes I know everyone denies it but I like to believe it happened

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There will be coaching changes made in Cincinnati after the season ends.  A team does not get off to a 5-2 start and subsequently finish 5-11.  Rest assured this will happen.  The Bengals have too many injuries, the star players have already given up, and the coaches are the worst ever.  Cincinnati will lose the remaining games on the schedule.

I take no pleasure in writing this.  If the Bengals could make a miraculous turn around and finish 10-6 no one would be happier than me — except for maybe Marvin Lewis.

When coaching changes happen I don’t want to see anyone return to Cincinnati who has already coached here.  As the title says:  No retreads!
Of course, the Bengals could take advantage of a better position in the draft if they tanked. Which, it appears, they already have. 

Here at Iowa, we have two draft eligible TE's that would be better than any current Bengals TE not on IR. Love to see both in the QC in '19.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
Oh stop.. You guys act like we're not going to win the Super bowl this year or something..  You just have to have faith, drink A LOT, eat right  ..you know psilocybin and such (to excess) and just imagine it.. Who cares about reality ? Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle hallucinogenics..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 03:06 AM)grampahol Wrote: Oh stop.. You guys act like we're not going to win the Super bowl this year or something..  You just have to have faith, drink A LOT, eat right  ..you know psilocybin and such (to excess) and just imagine it.. Who cares about reality ? Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle hallucinogenics..

You got any laying around you don't need? Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I read the title differently in my mind.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 03:06 AM)grampahol Wrote: Oh stop.. You guys act like we're not going to win the Super bowl this year or something..  You just have to have faith, drink A LOT, eat right  ..you know psilocybin and such (to excess) and just imagine it.. Who cares about reality ? Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle hallucinogenics..

(11-29-2018, 12:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: You got any laying around you don't need? Mellow

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers laughers....Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls ... But the only thing that worried me was the ether. There is nothing in this world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge....

and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Under Marv, his teams win the games that don't matter and lose the ones that do.

We will probably win about 3 or 4 more games and barely not make the playoffs.

Marv will be back next year, Hue will take over after is the most likely, just repeat the same things over and over
expecting different results. The definition of insanity. Marv still has one more year on his contract. Doubt if we lost
every game from here on out he would be gone. Injuries are his excuse this year.
Reply/Quote