Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Senior Bowl for coaches
Zac and company will not be coaching the Senior Bowl despite being the first eligible AFC team. I'm thinking because he will be missing so many assistants. In most seasons it would be an opportunity but with all the COVID crap to deal with it might be better to be an observer rather than the warden

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:53 PM)pally Wrote: Zac and company will not be coaching the Senior Bowl despite being the first eligible AFC team.  I'm thinking because he will be missing so many assistants.  In most seasons it would be an opportunity but with all the COVID crap to deal with it might be better to be an observer rather than the warden

This makes me sad and I think this year would be a great year to coach the Senior Bowl as many hold outs will be participating. 

There's a theory going around that this is why Philly threw the game last night instead of moving from 9 to 6 in the draft order. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This sucks since he tanked in the Ravens game for this opportunity alone.

Reply/Quote
Out of all years this one would have definitely had extra benefits damn it
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 08:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Out of all years this one would have definitely had extra benefits damn it

Yeah, it actually is. Especially with our "scouting department," seeing as many college players up close is a good thing, but....

...we can't have nice things.
Reply/Quote
Ugh. I usually record and play the practices several times.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Synric Wrote: Ugh. I usually record and play the practices several times.

You can still do that even if Zac isn’t coaching.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: You can still do that even if Zac isn’t coaching.

Lol I only glanced at the OP. I thought it meant the Senior Bowl was cancelled because of Covid.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 08:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Out of all years this one would have definitely had extra benefits damn it

I guess I look at it differently. A lot of talented seniors opted out so can't play in the senior bowl so how do you gauge how good senior bowl players are within they are playing weaker competition. 

I think the combine is more important than ever for scouting and for the players who opted out.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess I look at it differently. A lot of talented seniors opted out so can't play in the senior bowl so how do you gauge how good senior bowl players are within they are playing weaker competition. 

I think the combine is more important than ever for scouting and for the players who opted out.

Still gives coaches and scouts extra one on one time with players they might want to draft in later rounds. The game doesn’t matter, at all. It’s the practices and interviews.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess I look at it differently. A lot of talented seniors opted out so can't play in the senior bowl so how do you gauge how good senior bowl players are within they are playing weaker competition. 

Some players that opted out are accepting invites to the Senior Bowl. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the combine is more important than ever for scouting and for the players who opted out.

After Bodine and John Ross, Bengals have an interesting record at the combine.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:53 PM)pally Wrote: Zac and company will not be coaching the Senior Bowl despite being the first eligible AFC team.  I'm thinking because he will be missing so many assistants.  In most seasons it would be an opportunity but with all the COVID crap to deal with it might be better to be an observer rather than the warden

I haven't seen any announcements about who is going to coach it in any way.

Where did you see that we are out of the running?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I haven't seen any announcements about who is going to coach it in any way.

Where did you see that we are out of the running?

Paul Downer Jr quotes Zac as saying it.

There's apparently a rule about needing a majority of the coaching staff intact.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:13 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Paul Downer Jr quotes Zac as saying it.

There's apparently a rule about needing a majority of the coaching staff intact.

OK. So what are you saying??

Are some of my prayers going to be answered???
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:37 PM)JSR18 Wrote: OK. So what are you saying??

Are some of my prayers going to be answered???

Depends. Are your prayers for lots of changes to the position coaches?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Still gives coaches and scouts extra one on one time with players they might want to draft in later rounds. The game doesn’t matter, at all. It’s the practices and interviews.

The score doesn't matter but the game does. It shows if a player can take what you learned that week in practice and do it on the field full speed.

Look at Akeem Davis Gaither he was able to pick up the defense playing a true stack linebacker and make full box reads during the game. That was huge for him because he was only asked to make half box reads at App. State.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 10:09 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Depends. Are your prayers for lots of changes to the position coaches?

Unfortunately no.

But if they're only changing 3 position coaches, doesn't that leave a majority of the coaching staff intact??
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:10 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Unfortunately no.

But if they're only changing 3 position coaches, doesn't that leave a majority of the coaching staff intact??

OL, RB, WR and DL gone so far.

Only S confirmed so far.

No news yet on LB, TE, CB, QB...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 02:05 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: OL, RB, WR and DL gone so far.

Only S confirmed so far.

No news yet on LB, TE, CB, QB...

more important than who we are losing is who will replace them...

Cause if its not an upgrade what was the point
Reply/Quote