Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No defense
Not for the Steelers or for their fans after that game.

I just got back an read all the Bengals fans creaming over the Steelers losing (since the Bengals can't beat them) and I'm all for it.   Have at it with the smack 'cause they (and we) deserve it.

Put up 42 on one of the league's best defenses and still lost.

Lost the turnover battle.

HORRIBLE play calls on two 4th down plays.

Defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.

Bad, bad, bad.

I can't even say I got mad.  I always kind of expect a bad performance from a Tomlin team in a big game.

Everything I said they had problems with (even in wins) came back to bite them because they were ignored.

So another winning season was wasted.  Another season with Bell, Bryant, Ben and the rest of a talented offense wasted.

That's all I got.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Could have been Ben's last waltz.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Correct, there is no defending the performance of the Steelers, today. Giving up 45, at home?? Hilarious

Mike Mitchell should learn to keep his mouth shut..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Could have been Ben's last waltz.

Nope.  Said he's looking forward to playing next year.

(01-14-2018, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Correct, there is no defending the performance of the Steelers, today.  Giving up 45, at home??  Hilarious

Mike Mitchell should learn to keep his mouth shut..

Mitchell was a non-factor all season.  Running his mouth or not had nothing to do with the other ten guys not being able to tackle or make a stop on 3rd down.

Pitiful play.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mitchell was a non-factor all season.  Running his mouth or not had nothing to do with the other ten guys not being able to tackle or make a stop on 3rd down.

Pitiful play.

Yes, yes it was pitiful.  The defense had enough of their own troubles, without Mitchell providing "inspirational" material for the Jags OL to feed off of.  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, yes it was pitiful.  The defense had enough of their own troubles, without Mitchell providing "inspirational" material for the Jags OL to feed off of.  Mellow

I guess.  I never bought into "bulletin board material" but if it works for some teams/players so be it.

None the less Mitchell said that before they knew they would be playing the Jags again.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not for the Steelers or for their fans after that game.

I just got back an read all the Bengals fans creaming over the Steelers losing (since the Bengals can't beat them) and I'm all for it.   Have at it with the smack 'cause they (and we) deserve it.

Bad, bad, bad.

I can't even say I got mad.  I always kind of expect a bad performance from a Tomlin team in a big game.

Everything I said they had problems with (even in wins) came back to bite them because they were ignored.

So another winning season was wasted.  Another season with Bell, Bryant, Ben and the rest of a talented offense wasted.

That's all I got.

Rock On

You should go jump in JS's thread about if Tomlin is still riding Cowher's coat tails. Let him know where you stand!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess.  I never bought into "bulletin board material" but if it works for some teams/players so be it.

None the less Mitchell said that before they knew they would be playing the Jags again.

Lol!  That's even worse.  Mitchell just assumed that any team that came into the Ketchup Bowl would be destroyed, without even thinking that it could actually be a team that could kick their ass...   Hilarious

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Steelers could of easily lost this game by 20 points ! A couple of pretty miraculous catches on desperation plays pulled their chestnuts out of the fire.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol!  That's even worse.  Mitchell just assumed that any team that came into the Ketchup Bowl would be destroyed, without even thinking that it could actually be a team that could kick their ass...   Hilarious

Not how I read it.

(01-14-2018, 09:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Steelers could of easily lost this game by 20 points ! A couple of pretty miraculous catches on desperation plays pulled their chestnuts out of the fire.

Yep.  The stars tried to bail out the defense and the awful play calling...wasn't enough.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not how I read it.

So, just how did you read it?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not for the Steelers or for their fans after that game.

Bad, bad, bad.

That's all I got.

Rock On

I don’t know. They did score two TDs on two long 4th down passes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, just how did you read it?

That if they played the Patriots again they would beat them.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: That if they played the Patriots again they would beat them.

Oh, that's explains it.  You read his statement like there was an "if" in there, when there wasn't..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, that's explains it.  You read his statement like there was an "if" in there, when there wasn't..

I think Tomlin was confused as well because he spoke of two games against the Pats too.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, that's explains it.  You read his statement like there was an "if" in there, when there wasn't..

(01-14-2018, 09:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think Tomlin was confused as well because he spoke of two games against the Pats too.

I have no doubt they WANTED to play them again and believed they could/would. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have no doubt they WANTED to play them again and believed they could/would. 

As of today they wanted to play them again. Yesterday they wanted to play the Titans.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have no doubt they WANTED to play them again and believed they could/would. 

Sure, they WANTED to face them again..

However, one shouldn't go around guaranteeing victory, before the game even becomes a reality.   ThumbsUp

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Typical Steelers big mouth bravado. Only problem is, they have guys like mike mitchell that are ***** and can't back it up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

While to this point my britches have remained dry, I’m not too embarrassed to admit that Pittsburgh losing made my day today. I’m reveling in y’alls misery. Call it what you want, but I’m enjoying this and nobody can take this away from me today.

Congratulations on getting to play a single extra game this season though.

Reply/Quote