Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No fans, first game...
(08-26-2020, 08:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Since I only get some of the games here in Louisville (when the Colts are not playing at the same time), I get NFL Game Pass. it's  99 dollars a year. The only caveat is the game is not available until right after the live broadcast, so you have to dodge social media and phone calls for several hours to be able to watch the game without knowing the score. The only problem with that, is you really can't watch the other games playing at the time because of the ticker at the bottom giving the scores. If you don't mind that, then it is cheaper than Sunday Ticket. I play it on my laptop with an HDMI cable connected to the 65" screen tv. 

This is what I am doing.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Looking for something to watch on live TV, not on my PC

Get a laptop with a HDMI cable.
Reply/Quote
I don't want this to turn too political but doesn't this make Dewine a hypocrite? High Schools with a budget that probably isn't even one tenth of one percent of a Pro team can have some fans and be reasonably safe, but Pro teams with their hundreds of millions, if not billion dollar budgets can't keep even a small portion of fans relatively safe.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 08:36 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I had tickets...  I wanted to see Burrow's 1st game in person.

If I were you, I would hold on to the tickets. If Burrow achieves greatness those tickets will be worth a mint.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 06:22 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: I don't want this to turn too political but doesn't this make Dewine a hypocrite? High Schools with a budget that probably isn't even one tenth of one percent of a Pro team can have some fans and be reasonably safe, but Pro teams with their hundreds of millions, if not billion dollar budgets can't keep even a small portion of fans relatively safe.

Isn't this from the organization? Does DeWine have anything to do fan attendance at PBS?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Looking for something to watch on live TV, not on my PC

Chromecast is your friend, I watch every game live on my television and I live in Australia.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 03:07 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Chromecast is your friend, I watch every game live on my television and I live in Australia.

Just to make myself clear, I don't want to use an illegal stream and then pipe it from my PC/phone to TV.
I want something the equivalent of NFL Sunday Ticket but be able to purchase it without being tied to DirecTV. If it was possible to pay for a single-team subscription for cheaper than a full Sunday Ticket, that'd be even better.

I could get NFL Red Zone (which I do like to some extent), but they cut away from games too much for my liking.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 07:59 PM)jason Wrote: Isn't this from the organization? Does DeWine have anything to do fan attendance at PBS?

Unfortunately we (recently) received feedback from the State of Ohio that prevents us from having any fans at our first home game (Sept. 13 vs. LAC).

That is copy and pasted from the letter State of Ohio is the government of Ohio.  I am wondering is it just the Bengals game or all other teams as well?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 06:11 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Unfortunately we (recently) received feedback from the State of Ohio that prevents us from having any fans at our first home game (Sept. 13 vs. LAC).

That is copy and pasted from the letter State of Ohio is the government of Ohio.  I am wondering is it just the Bengals game or all other teams as well?

Wondering the same...
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just to make myself clear, I don't want to use an illegal stream and then pipe it from my PC/phone to TV.
I want something the equivalent of NFL Sunday Ticket but be able to purchase it without being tied to DirecTV. If it was possible to pay for a single-team subscription for cheaper than a full Sunday Ticket, that'd be even better.

I could get NFL Red Zone (which I do like to some extent), but they cut away from games too much for my liking.

Yeah I don't use an illegal stream, I get NFL gamepass international, I then chromecast that to my tv. Being in Australia I get all games live and on demand, being in the US that option is not available to you though. I only mentioned chromecast as you stated you wanted to watch on your tv not on a pc.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 09:43 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Yeah I don't use an illegal stream, I get NFL gamepass international, I then chromecast that to my tv. Being in Australia I get all games live and on demand, being in the US that option is not available to you though. I only mentioned chromecast as you stated you wanted to watch on your tv not on a pc.

Thanks for the explanation Aussie. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 07:59 PM)jason Wrote: Isn't this from the organization? Does DeWine have anything to do fan attendance at PBS?

I wonder the same thing.  I was fortunate enough to watch my nephew's HS game, via livestream, this past Friday night.  There were most certainly plenty of fans there, on both sides of the field.  Was there an executive order that got struck down in a court, was there a reversal of thought on the part of the Governor?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 06:11 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Unfortunately we (recently) received feedback from the State of Ohio that prevents us from having any fans at our first home game (Sept. 13 vs. LAC).

With DeWine threatened by impeachment, maybe he will lighten up a little. Who knows? Anyway, probably a little late to prepare otherwise since we play in 2 weeks. Maybe not? Sooooo tired of the corona thing anyway. Let's play ball and take whatever precautions all feel necessary to give themselves peace.

Reply/Quote
Well you can sort of be at the 1st game. You can buy a cutout to put in the seats.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-fans-can-purchase-cutouts-for-home-opener

https://www.bengals.com/fans/fan-cutouts

Proceeds go to several charities so that's cool. I'd probably be more interested if my cutout had a wide angle camera on it streaming the view to my TV or computer. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 06:59 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well you can sort of be at the 1st game. You can buy a cutout to put in the seats.

Proceeds go to several charities so that's cool. I'd probably be more interested if my cutout had a wide angle camera on it streaming the view to my TV or computer. :)

I'd like your cutout to be screaming "Serenity Now!!!"... But that's just me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 06:59 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well you can sort of be at the 1st game.  You can buy a cutout to put in the seats.  

Proceeds go to several charities so that's cool.  I'd probably be more interested if my cutout had a wide angle camera on it streaming the view to my TV or computer.  :)

We had that here in Australia for our sports while there were no crowds, some people played around and submitted cutouts of players and famous supporters in other teams colours etc. We even had people make up some for a couple of serial killers and managed to get them into the crowd, we are a strange bunch down here.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 09:24 PM)jason Wrote: I'd like your cutout to be screaming "Serenity Now!!!"... But that's just me.

Same Jase LOL.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 05:18 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Just got this email...

Dear Keith,

Sports hold a special place in American life. Nowhere is that more true than in the state of Ohio, which holds historic relationships with all the major sports. Ohio's relationship with football stands without peer, and Ohio is widely known as the home of professional football in America.

Over the past several months, we have worked diligently with the NFL, with local governments and with experts in the health community to submit a plan with the hopes of responsibly reopening professional football in Ohio and safely welcoming fans back to Paul Brown Stadium.

Unfortunately we (recently) received feedback from the State of Ohio that prevents us from having any fans at our first home game (Sept. 13 vs. LAC).

We know you may be planning to attend games this fall and we are working tirelessly to have you join us at Paul Brown Stadium as soon as it is safe to do so. We still want to keep you close to the action during what we hope is an exciting 2020 Bengals season - including the debut of Joe Burrow, the return of AJ Green, and an exciting new defense featuring DJ Reader, Vonn Bell and many others. We will share more updates as we find new ways to virtually engage all of Who Dey Nation. For now, follow us on our social channels @Bengals and visit Bengals.com for exclusive videos and more.

Most importantly, we hope you and your loved ones are healthy and staying strong during these challenging times. We love and admire the resilience of Who Dey Nation and look forward to being together again next.
Stay safe & WHO DEY!

Cincinnati Bengals

That’s so strange but I just got this message. 

“We are happy and welcome you to this first exciting week of football in 2020 vs the Chargers. You will be in person experiencing a new era with Joe Burrow! See you in September!

Cincinnati Bengals 

PS-don’t tell Keith about this. We told him no people are attending. Mums the word!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 10:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: That’s so strange but I just got this message. 

“We are happy and welcome you to this first exciting week of football in 2020 vs the Chargers. You will be in person experiencing a new era with Joe Burrow! See you in September!

Cincinnati Bengals 

PS-don’t tell Keith about this. We told him no people are attending. Mums the word!

Are you trolling GF? Seriously can't tell lol
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 08:36 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I had tickets...  I wanted to see Burrow's 1st game in person.

That's a real bummer bro, sorry...
Reply/Quote