Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No first round pick?
So we need quality and quantity oline.would u trade our top 10 pick for the browns 3 2nd round picks giving us 4 total? I think I would. While i want an elite talent which the top 10 would give us, we could have 4 great picks in the second to make up for the elite talent that we missed in top 10. So say we trade it, now we have 4 2nd round picks. We use these picks on Orlando brown, Martina's Rankin, will hernandez and Billy price. Tell me ur mad at that? Followed by Mason Rudolph in the third? Come on now. While we will never do that, it's fun to think about how great our oline would be for the next. Years with that haul
Reply/Quote
Trading down is always an attractive prospect, especially when you have so many holes to fill.

Still, the way Boling, Remond, and Westerman played yesterday gave enough reason to be hopeful that the offensive line isn't as dire of a situation as we once thought. Still need to improve at the tackle and center positions and add depth, though.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:11 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Trading down is always an attractive prospect, especially when you have so many holes to fill.  

Still, the way Boling, Remond, and Westerman played yesterday gave enough reason to be hopeful that the offensive line isn't as dire of a situation as we once thought.  Still need to improve at the tackle and center positions and add depth, though.

It's still a pretty big risk though. Obviously, just because a player is picked higher doesn't guarantee anything, but you could be missing out on a lot of guys. I remember how many people thought the Browns made of like bandits when they passed on Julio for all those picks, but then they missed on all of those picks. Same when they passed up on the QBs in the past two drafts. Everything in the draft is a risk though.
Reply/Quote
Depending if Orlando Brown is ranked top 10 or around the 20s..if he's in the top ten we should draft him..if he falls mid 20s we should trade back for picks..if he falls to the 2nd we should trade our 1st for a 2nd and third..or I'd even. Trade back to the high 20s to draft QB Josh Allen..we need to trade Mcarron and have a guy to groom behind Andy. We shouldn't pass Allen up he could be the next Brett Favre/Phillip Rivers.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 02:20 AM)Jpoore Wrote: So we need quality and quantity oline.would u trade our top 10 pick for the browns 3 2nd round picks giving us 4 total? I think I would. While i want an elite talent which the top 10 would give us, we could have 4 great picks in the second to make up for the elite talent that we missed in top 10. So say we trade it, now we have 4 2nd round picks. We use these picks on Orlando brown, Martina's Rankin, will hernandez and Billy price. Tell me ur mad at that? Followed by Mason Rudolph in the third? Come on now. While  we will never do that, it's fun to think about how great our oline would be for the next. Years with that haul

All of those guys have been mentioned as first rounders.  So, no, I wouldn't do it because I don't think any of those guys will be there.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 02:20 AM)Jpoore Wrote: So we need quality and quantity oline.would u trade our top 10 pick for the browns 3 2nd round picks giving us 4 total? I think I would. While i want an elite talent which the top 10 would give us, we could have 4 great picks in the second to make up for the elite talent that we missed in top 10. So say we trade it, now we have 4 2nd round picks. We use these picks on Orlando brown, Martina's Rankin, will hernandez and Billy price. Tell me ur mad at that? Followed by Mason Rudolph in the third? Come on now. While  we will never do that, it's fun to think about how great our oline would be for the next. Years with that haul

A statement and a question.

First, I'm not so sure following the Browns model is the way to draft.

Second, why the hell are so many people in such a hurry to help out the Browns?  I wouldn't give them the sweat off my ass, let alone a top ten pick to go with their #1 overall.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote