Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No mas!!!
(10-25-2021, 01:07 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah me too... I just think it's pretty amazing that those two look exactly as they did playing on the SEC. They're crushing it in the NFL.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:28 PM)UKWhoDey Wrote: Being both a Bengals and Kentucky fan....it's extra sweet making Lamar Jackson look like a clown, and then hit the showers early. Couldn't be more proud of our defense today getting after him like flies on crap. WHO DEY

Did anyone else notice Lamar didn’t go out for handshakes? Is that poor sportsmanship? I see most of the high profile players going out for handshakes win or loss.

I do think Lamar is beatable. In the playoffs against good defenses he hasn’t looked as good. When he can’t beat you with his legs or the designed throw to the one or two reads he looks like he did today. Made some great plays, but overall didn’t do too much. I’m glad we have a qb like burrow that thinks the game so well. I don’t get that from Lamar. I just see jaw dropping athletic talent.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:51 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Did anyone else notice Lamar didn’t go out for handshakes? Is that poor sportsmanship? I see most of the high profile players going out for handshakes win or loss.

I do think Lamar is beatable. In the playoffs against good defenses he hasn’t looked as good. When he can’t beat you with his legs or the designed throw to the one or two reads he looks like he did today. Made some great plays, but overall didn’t do too much. I’m glad we have a qb like burrow that thinks the game so well. I don’t get that from Lamar. I just see jaw dropping athletic talent.

I didn't see that, but wouldn't surprise me.  You can take the jackass out of Louisville, but you can't take the Louisville out of the jackass.
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Our boys made Pissburgh quit at Heinz Field, as TBoyd aptly pointed out, but today at M&T Stadium, they made the Ratbirds holler no mas, we quit, and we're pulling our starting QB because we quit. Such a great day. Beating them is one thing, but putting a beating on them is all the sweeter.... Who Dey

When they didn't convert on 4th down with about 9 minutes left in the fourth quarter, they basically gave up.  The announcers were talking about how they came back from 18 down against the Colts, but you could see the Ratbirds thinking "this isn't the Colts".  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:17 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
It was the Ravens though Brad, they were going to get pressures against our young line besides Reiff and Spain.

I like the play of our OL for the most part this season, they will make some mistakes as it is a new unit but they are improving.

Burrow, Chase, Logan, are definitely the real deal after this game. Impressed to say the least.

Cool to see Uzo doing what he is doing this late in his career. Pretty frickin' cool.

Maybe it was just me, but I felt like Burrow was making much better decisions on where to go when the pocket started to break down yesterday. He always stepped to the right place, except the one time he got sacked. He is still constantly improving. To think he basically just finished a rookie season, the future with him is blindingly bright.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:20 AM)UKWhoDey Wrote: I didn't see that, but wouldn't surprise me.  You can take the jackass out of Louisville, but you can't take the Louisville out of the jackass.

Now wait a minute. Lamar is a class act, and always has been. He's about as far from a jackass as they come. Just because he owned your butts at UK doesn't translate to being a jackass. Tongue Both Lamar and Teddy are standup guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Now wait a minute. Lamar is a class act, and always has been. He's about as far from a jackass as they come. Just because he owned your butts at UK doesn't translate to being a jackass. Tongue Both Lamar and Teddy are standup guys.

Eh, running off the field and refusing to acknowledge the new King in the North was bush league.

Reply/Quote
The Ravens are like this big Bully,that loves humiliating teams,as they did the Chargers the week before.The Bengals came into their stadium and just punched them in the mouth with everything they had.When you go against the Ravens and play a conservative offense,and a soft,prevent defense,because you’re intimidated by them,then things don’t usually turn out well.
The Bengals attacked them on both sides of the ball.Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, running off the field and refusing to acknowledge the new King in the North was bush league.

I did not see that. If he did in fact leave the field, I'm guessing something was up.
Just pulled up the recording, it did not show Lamar greet Joe, but is also did not show him not greet Joe. It was cutting all around. I guess we'd need to hear from someone who was there whether it happened or not. 
I have to go to Pikeville and back today, so that's about 7 hours of Sirius NFL. Maybe they will address it.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I did not see that. If he did in fact leave the field, I'm guessing something was up.
Just pulled up the recording, it did not show Lamar greet Joe, but is also did not show him not greet Joe. It was cutting all around. I guess we'd need to hear from someone who was there whether it happened or not. 
I have to go to Pikeville and back today, so that's about 7 hours of Sirius NFL. Maybe they will address it.

The consensus theory seems to be that he pooped himself again, or he’s a sore loser. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The consensus theory seems to be that he pooped himself again, or he’s a sore loser. Tongue

Well, I guess he could have pooped himself Hilarious I've seen him lose many games throughout college and the pros, and he's never been a sore loser.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I guess he could have pooped himself Hilarious I've seen him lose many games throughout college and the pros, and he's never been a sore loser.

There was a shot of Lamar heading to the locker room before the handshakes at midfield. He did not go out and shake hands. I hope something was up, otherwise that was a very bad look. He was visibly frustrated on the sidelines, but that's no excuse to snub the victors. Maybe he did have the shits again.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: I will always have mostly fond memories....but last year was dogshit. And people still call Palmer a quitter after that display on the field last year from Green? Someone had to say it....may as well be me. At least Carson didn't stink up the field with half ass effort to get his way out of town.  Mellow

As Archie Bunker would say, Kay sarah sarah.  (Que sara, sara)

I'm not going to let one season when he knew he was done after Higgins arrived taint the other 9!  Tongue
Reply/Quote
For you 'older' fellars, I think Harbaugh took the Whitey Herzog approach.

Whitey used to say when his team was getting hammered, "Well, it's time to piss on the fire and call in the dogs!" Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:16 PM)jason Wrote: We've pulled our starters 2 weeks in a row. Pretty damn impressive...

yes so when the stats come out at EOY and Burrow has a few less TDs,  then Mahomes and others we just point out that he was pulled in many games due to the many lopsided beat downs  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Now wait a minute. Lamar is a class act, and always has been. He's about as far from a jackass as they come. Just because he owned your butts at UK doesn't translate to being a jackass. Tongue Both Lamar and Teddy are standup guys.

Uh, he didn't.  We beat them the year he won the Heisman.
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:38 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: As Archie Bunker would say, Kay sarah sarah.  (Que sara, sara)

I'm not going to let one season when he knew he was done after Higgins arrived taint the other 9!  Tongue

If he was struggling in AZ, I'd give him a pass ....he isn't. I hope he was just still battling his injuries and not mailing it in, because up until then, he was one of the best ever.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote