Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more AJM to Vikings talk
The Vikings traded for QB Sam Bradford. Vikings reportedly give up 2017 1st and 4th round draft picks.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 11:50 AM)pally Wrote: The Vikings traded for QB Sam Bradford.  Vikings reportedly give up 2017 1st and 4th round draft picks.

2018 4th but kind of a moot point.  I think AJM could have fetched a 1st for sure... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whoa...and suddenly who is starting for the Eagles? They were 6 point favorites against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 11:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Whoa...and suddenly who is starting for the Eagles?  They were 6 point favorites against the Browns.

One door closes, and another opens.

How much should we ask for when trading AJM to the Eagles? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Wow if Bradford fetched that then that'd be my new asking price for mccarron....it'll be a real shame when this trade bites Minnesota in the a$$ in week 2 when Bradford tears his acl again
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 11:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Whoa...and suddenly who is starting for the Eagles?  They were 6 point favorites against the Browns.

I guess they figure Chase Daniels or Sam Bradford could both get injurebenched for Wentz equally well.  They're going to roll with Wentz after a month or so either way, so why have two overpaid QBs in front of him when you can do it with one?  I figure the Eagles fanbase would riot with Sam "trade me now, ok I give in" Bradford starting and then once he gets injurbenched having to sit through Chase "I'm way overpaid because the new HC is my pal" Daniels before they get to boo Wentz.

Philly fans, I tells ya!
Reply/Quote
Chase Daniel is in the final year of a ridiculous 3 year $21 million contract. He is only costing the Eagles $5 million this year, but I guess they figured they wanted to get something for their money.

The amazing thing is that in many pre-season predictions I have seen the Eagles are considered a playoff contender.
Reply/Quote
Career 60 percent passer, I guess this trade could work for the Vikes or not. He does have experience.
Thrown for 14,790 yards, 78 TDs, 52 ints. Bradford has never really met expectations though.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:24 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Career 60 percent passer, I guess this trade could work for the Vikes or not.  He does have experience.
Thrown for 14,790 yards, 78 TDs, 52 ints.  Bradford has never really met expectations though.

He can turn around and hand off to 28 without getting injured.
Reply/Quote
I seriously really just don't understand how Bradford keeps netting these high draft picks.

To date Sam Bradford has cost NFL teams the 1st overall pick, another 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick, two 4th round picks, and Nick Foles (a 5th rounder was returned to one of those teams).

Oh, and the paltry sum of $112m.

....all that for a guy who is at the very threshold of being a passable QB and being a terrible QB. Career 60.1% completion, 6.5 YPA, 1.5 TD:INT ratio, 81.0 QB Rating. Generally anything below 60% and 80 QB Rating isn't considered an NFL starter. So he is riiiiiiight on the border of being a truly bad QB. Also he's missed THIRTY-THREE games in his 6 year career.

- - - - - - - - - -
"Fun" facts: The 6 picks directly after Bradford have all been to the Pro Bowl. 3 of the 4 picks directly after him have been to the Pro Bowl 4 times in their 6 year careers. Those same three total 9 1st Team All-Pros.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: One door closes, and another opens.

How much should we ask for when trading AJM to the Eagles? Ninja

Well, remember the dollars (future options, too) played a large part of this.  They are on the hook for $7 million this year, but can let Kazoo walk after that if Bridgewater is ready.

McCarron would be essentially peanuts this year, but would likely have a Kirk Cousins-type scenario if he were traded and played well next season, where he could command a typical $17 million per year type of deal.

I wouldn't let McCarron go next year for anything less than a first rounder AND a sweetener.  I feel bad for the Vikes that they had to do this and I am not a big fan of Kazoo. 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He can turn around and hand off to 28 without getting injured.

89% of the time.   Ninja

Reply/Quote
That wasn't a smart move by the Vikings if you ask me.

Then again, nobody asked me.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:36 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, remember the dollars (future options, too) played a large part of this.  They are on the hook for $7 million this year, but can let Kazoo walk after that if Bridgewater is ready.

McCarron would be essentially peanuts this year, but would likely have a Kirk Cousins-type scenario if he were traded and played well next season, where he could command a typical $17 million per year type of deal.

I wouldn't let McCarron go next year for anything less than a first rounder AND a sweetener.  I feel bad for the Vikes that they had to do this and I am not a big fan of Kazoo. 

McCarron is under contract for two more years, both '16 and '17. Both significantly cheaper than Bradford. If anything, if McCarron played well for the Vikings and Bridgewater comes back 100% for '17, then they could retrade McCarron and recoup their value. Possibly get more depending on how well he played.

Hopefully we don't find out later the Bengals were offered ridiculous amounts and refused to talk to anyone. It'd be Akili Smith/Ricky Williams all over again.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: - - - - - - - - - -
"Fun" facts: The 6 picks directly after Bradford have all been to the Pro Bowl. 3 of the 4 picks directly after him have been to the Pro Bowl 4 times in their 6 year careers. Those same three total 9 1st Team All-Pros.

Projecting QBs from college to the NFL is the hardest thing in the draft.  Even in the first round it is a 50-50 chance.  And it is not just the bad teams.  Even good teams have a hard time judging college QBs.
Reply/Quote
This is actually good news for the Bengals. If Bradford can fetch a 1st and a 4th, that just sets the bar for future trades. We keep AJM until he has 1 yr left on his contract. he gains experience and reputation throughout the NFL, then we can trade him for significant value if need be. That gives us a couple more years to find a backup to replace him when he goes.
Reply/Quote
For what Sam Bradford has been paid in this league ,compared to what he has actually accomplished is high way robbery.

He has all the visual but doesn't have the results.

Wheres the BEEF.

Reply/Quote
Good. I like what Tobin said about how the Vikings situation shows just why we need AJ.
Reply/Quote
We need to trade McCarron while he's got value for a first round pick and then fill a need on the starting lineup. After that bring in another young guy and groom him. That's what good franchises like the Pats do who have established QBs.

The chances of us winning a Lombardi Trophy with a backup QB are really slim regardless.
Reply/Quote
I see no point in trading McCarron right now. Draft picks aren't going to help this season, and we gotta have a backup
Reply/Quote