Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more kneeling. NFL passes new rule
Following a unanimous vote by all 32 owners, Roger Goodell announced Wednesday that the league will require all players and personnel from both teams to stand during the playing of the National Anthem before games, or else be subject to a team fine. If players and personnel do not wish to stand, they will be allowed to stay in the locker room during the anthem.

Here’s Goodell’s official statement via NFL.com –

The policy adopted today was approved in concert with the NFL’s ongoing commitment to local communities and our country — one that is extraordinary in its scope, resources, and alignment with our players. We are dedicated to continuing our collaboration with players to advance the goals of justice and fairness in all corners of our society.

http://dailysnark.com/breaking-nfl-passes-rule-requiring-teams-to-stand-for-anthem-or-else-be-fined/

Murica!
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
About time. Goodell is a slow learner.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Alright folks, this has been a sensitive topic for a while now. Let's just praise the NFL for finally putting to bed what has been a controversial issue. Please save any and all politically charge comments for the thread, on this same topic, that is in the P&R forum. Wink

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 02:45 PM)Trademark Wrote: Following a unanimous vote by all 32 owners, Roger Goodell announced Wednesday that the league will require all players and personnel from both teams to stand during the playing of the National Anthem before games, or else be subject to a team fine. If players and personnel do not wish to stand, they will be allowed to stay in the locker room during the anthem.

Here’s Goodell’s official statement via NFL.com –

The policy adopted today was approved in concert with the NFL’s ongoing commitment to local communities and our country — one that is extraordinary in its scope, resources, and alignment with our players. We are dedicated to continuing our collaboration with players to advance the goals of justice and fairness in all corners of our society.

http://dailysnark.com/breaking-nfl-passes-rule-requiring-teams-to-stand-for-anthem-or-else-be-fined/

Murica!

This is a good thing... The owners are absolutely in their rights to protect the image of the league by what takes place on the fields they own.
Reply/Quote
I'm not really on either side of this issue, but thank god it's over
Reply/Quote
But it's not.... players are meeting to decide what other kinds of protests they can do during the anthem. Chris "I'm an idiot and hit my head too many times" Long says the league caved because of the bottom line. He doesn't realize he gets paid by the bottom line...... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Well, I don't care if the players engage in non violent protest before game or not. I don't care what new President says about firing them all. Now I'm not getting political and some already have on here against the players. I was a Bengal Fan in 1968 way before all this 2018 politics. In fact I remember fans not standing during National Anthem during Vietnam War years at Bengals games as I stood , and it had no effect on the games what so ever. I watch the game for the game. I don't even watch pregame or pregame talking heads. To me, it's not church, it's not a political rally. It's a game. I like the game. I only watch the game. At the end I hope Bengals have won with no major season ending injuries. I'm concerned if Bengals have blocking in 2018. I don't care what the players do before or after the game. Nobody, not even the President is going to tell me that I have to care about pregame, because I don't care at all about pregame. I haven't watched pregame in decades. So if this new rule works or doesn't work, I DON'T CARE. I don't care about pregame. Nothing in pregame is going to change me rooting for Bengals in 2018. As for the game, if Bengals can block this year, they can be a Super Bowl Team. This teams problem was no blocking. I'm concerned about the blocking, not the pregame stuff. I don't see golfers lining up for National Anthem before Masters or US Open. GO BENGALS, that's all I care about, GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 02:36 PM)kevin Wrote: Well, I don't care if the players engage in non violent protest before game or not. I don't care what new President says about firing them all. Now I'm not getting political and some already have on here against the players. I was a Bengal Fan in 1968 way before all this 2018 politics. In fact I remember fans not standing during National Anthem during Vietnam War years at Bengals games as I stood , and it had no effect on the games what so ever. I watch the game for the game. I don't even watch pregame or pregame talking heads. To me, it's not church, it's not a political rally. It's a game. I like the game. I only watch the game. At the end I hope Bengals have won with no major season ending injuries. I'm concerned if Bengals have blocking in 2018. I don't care what the players do before or after the game. Nobody, not even the President is going to tell me that I have to care about pregame, because I don't care at all about pregame. I haven't watched pregame in decades. So if this new rule works or doesn't work, I DON'T CARE. I don't care about pregame. Nothing in pregame is going to change me rooting for Bengals in 2018. As for the game, if Bengals can block this year, they can be a Super Bowl Team. This teams problem was no blocking. I'm concerned about the blocking, not the pregame stuff. I don't see golfers lining up for National Anthem before Masters or US Open. GO BENGALS, that's all I care about, GO BENGALS.

A little too much Juice in the steroid shot today? For some reason, this post reminds me of the guy on the couch in the movie “Half Baked.”

Reply/Quote