Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more pitch sign steals
MLB has approved an electronic device worn by the catcher that transmits the pitch and location to the pitcher and players. I don't know if I like it or not. Part of the fun was a guy on second stealing signs. Lets see how this plays out.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I dont see how this changes much. Batter will now watch catcher hit the code buttons, eventually they will figure out the codes.

If anything, now the infielders wont know what pitch is coming now.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 02:45 PM)plantmanky Wrote: I dont see  how this changes much.  Batter will now watch catcher hit the code buttons, eventually they will figure out the codes.  

Russian hackers will steal the signs and sell them to the opposing team.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 04:14 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Russian hackers will steal the signs and sell them to the opposing team.

I bet the Astros crack the code before the Russians.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 02:45 PM)plantmanky Wrote: I dont see  how this changes much.  Batter will now watch catcher hit the code buttons, eventually they will figure out the codes.  

With the size of modern catching equipment, I think it will be pretty easy to disguise.  Batters can't just look directly into the signs anyway.  

Believe they allow 2 fielders to listen in addition to Pitcher / Catcher. 

I'm a big time traditionalist when it comes to baseball.  ***** hate the DH across the board.  I'm just fine with this because it combats the bullshit the astro's introduced into the league. 

Biggest problem will be knowing when digital signals have been intercepted by nefarious parties.  Don't know the tech behind it that well, but certainly isn't unbreakable.     
Reply/Quote
I don't know because I hate how technology is taking over everything, but it does help keep the game pure and also speeds up the game, which baseball would be a hell of a lot more popular if it didn't take as long.
Reply/Quote
I went to a Reds game about 10 years ago and stood in Center Field. There was a guy with binoculars and headset calling every pitch. Makes me think it was cheating.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 08:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I went to a Reds game about 10 years ago and stood in Center Field. There was a guy with binoculars and headset calling every pitch. Makes me think it was cheating.

Drew Stubbs, is that you?!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 04:14 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Russian hackers will steal the signs and sell them to the opposing team.

Russians are too stupid to encrypt the codes and will use cell phones.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 08:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Drew Stubbs, is that you?!

Hilarious

A Reds game in center field a decade ago. So either Denis Phipps or Kristopher Negron.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote