Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No respect for JB and JC
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/23/wink-martindale-ravens-wont-need-to-double-jamarr-chase-like-we-did-davante-adams/

When asked about defending GB versus Cincy:
Wink Martendale Wrote:“Adams is one of the top two receivers in the league and he’s not No. 2. Aaron Rodgers is a Hall of Fame QB, and I don’t think we’re ready to buy a gold jacket for Joe,”
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
...says the man whose defense gave up 41 points to the Bengals earlier this season.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 03:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...says the man whose defense gave up 41 points to the Bengals earlier this season.

0ver 400 passing yards to JB and over 200 receiving yards to JC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We shall see. He's probably bluffing. However, if he's not and they come out firing, I bet he changes coverage real quick.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 03:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/23/wink-martindale-ravens-wont-need-to-double-jamarr-chase-like-we-did-davante-adams/

Well if those boys in orange and black aren't focused now, with the division and playoffs on the line, Baltimore's DC talking shit before the game doesn't help their cause much.  If anything it lights a fire under this offense to show what they can do Sunday. 

I'm sure Martindale meant to probably use this to give his broken down, injured, and COVID ridden defensive team a spark.  However, I'm thinking that might come back on him at some point. 
Reply/Quote
Well that makes total sense.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
He's an ass who is still butthurt over a field goal.
Reply/Quote
Weird flex when his defense was throttled by these two in 3 quarters, but to each their own.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 04:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We shall see. He's probably bluffing. However, if he's not and they come out firing, I bet he changes coverage real quick.

I guarantee you, they don't blitz as much as they did that first game. I don't even know if you will see one 0 Blitz. Adam's might me better than Chase right now, but they don't have Higgins and Boyd either.  COME on Wink I dare you to 0 Blitz Joe.. 
Reply/Quote
Between Eli Apple and now Wink Martindale, there's a whole lot of shit talkin' goin on in regard to this game. I was thinking of going to Columbus to see TSO on Sunday, but now I think I'll just have to stay home and watch the game. ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 04:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Between Eli Apple and now Wink Martindale, there's a whole lot of shit talkin' goin on in regard to this game.  I was thinking of going to Columbus to see TSO on Sunday, but now I think I'll just have to stay home and watch the game. ThumbsUp

Wink went above and beyond the level of shit talk of Apple here too.

It's almost like trying to bait Burrow into throwing to Chase a lot, which hell maybe that is the plan. Try to disguise coverage and get Burrow to throw into bad situations. However, my guess is that Wink just honestly thinks what he says is true and he'll spend half the game with single coverage.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 04:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: However, my guess is that Wink just honestly thinks what he says is true and he'll spend half the game with single coverage.

It won’t matter which coverage Wink dials up if the offensive line can’t keep Joe Burrow clean. Baltimore is well known for creative stunts from their defensive linemen and their linebackers are solid when executing a delayed blitz. Pass protection will decide the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 04:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wink went above and beyond the level of shit talk of Apple here too.

It's almost like trying to bait Burrow into throwing to Chase a lot, which hell maybe that is the plan. Try to disguise coverage and get Burrow to throw into bad situations. However, my guess is that Wink just honestly thinks what he says is true and he'll spend half the game with single coverage.

Yep. This is mind games from Martindale

I don’t think it’ll effect Joe. Hopefully Jamarr doesn’t do anything out of the ordinary
Reply/Quote
I think that Baltimore should play its defense exactly the way they did last time.
Reply/Quote
Now hopefully Higgins goes for the better part of 200 and a score.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 03:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/23/wink-martindale-ravens-wont-need-to-double-jamarr-chase-like-we-did-davante-adams/

Stupid man, must be smoke being blown up our ass. JB and JC tore them a new one last time around.

They are going to do everything they can to prevent this from happening again but Joe and Ja'Marr need to use this.

It is better than the Apple trolling for us as motivation, thanks Wink. Wink
Reply/Quote
As depleted as his secondary is he wouldn't have the personnel to double or triple cover even if he wanted to.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 04:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wink went above and beyond the level of shit talk of Apple here too.

Teams have been covering Chase differently, so that's probably the plan. Didn't we say the same thing when Tomlin suggested teams figured out how to cover Chase? That he was baiting Burrow to throw that way?

I have a feeling this game is going to be more a dog fight than the last one. Still think we win, but I don't see a blow out at all.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 05:38 PM)pally Wrote: As depleted as his secondary is he wouldn't have the personnel to double or triple cover even if he wanted to.

True, need to feast on them Sunday. 

Sure hope the game stays on Sunday, that would suck for us if it got moved cause of their excuses.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 05:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Teams have been covering Chase differently, so that's probably the plan. Didn't we say the same thing when Tomlin suggested teams figured out how to cover Chase? That he was baiting Burrow to throw that way?

I have a feeling this game is going to be more a dog fight than the last one. Still think we win, but I don't see a blow out at all.

Chase just needs to stop dropping balls, he wouldn't be going through a slump if he was catching them.

Think he has the most drops of any WR in the NFL so far this season. 

Needs to get this out of his game like he did early in the season and the talk about taking Chase away will go away.

He is THAT good with everything he can do, his balance = best bar none along with his chemistry with Burrow and his quicks
in and out of routes to go along with his deep speed. Chase needs to just stop dropping balls and he could put up another 200
plus yard game on the Ravens Sunday. Higgins and Boyd have been tearing it up lately for us which is nice.
Reply/Quote