Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
No seriously, make Roddie White a Bengal
(03-15-2016, 02:06 PM)Okeana Wrote: Boldin.  Cheaper than both of your options with better results in his career and his longevity.

How do you know boldin will be cheaper? Please inform me?  In another thread you mentioned boldin for 5.5.  Well I don't think any of them would command even 3million per year.  When you are a cap casualty at about 3.5millions who is going to sign you for over 5.5?

So please inform me how boldin will be the cheaper option
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:07 PM)Benton Wrote: All valid accomplishments. Any in the last 5 years? His last good year was 2012. He might produce better with less targets, but he isn't the same guys as 10 years ago.

That wasn't the point.  The point was someone else said he has never been close to Steve smiths skill set.   I was proving my point that at one time toddy white was arguably the best WR in the league
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:09 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: That wasn't the point.  The point was someone else said he has never been close to Steve smiths skill set.   I was proving my point that at one time toddy white was arguably the best WR in the league

can you stop saying toddy white.  you sound stupid.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Colts thought they got a steal with Andre Johnson last season who was coming from a similar situation. We see how that worked out.

I'll pass.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:08 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: How do you know boldin will be cheaper? Please inform me?  In another thread you mentioned boldin for 5.5.  Well I don't think any of them would command even 3million per year.  When you are a cap casualty at about 3.5millions who is going to sign you for over 5.5?

So please inform me how boldin will be the cheaper option

boldin was on a two year 6 million a year contract with 5.5 guaranteed.  Likewise White was just on a 6 million a year contract.  what is 3.5 millions ?  

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The Colts thought they got a steal with Andre Johnson last season who was coming from a similar situation. We see how that worked out.

I'll pass.

They also signed him to a big contract and had Matt hasselbeck at qb.  

Aj green would have had a tough time getting 700 yards in that offense last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The Colts thought they got a steal with Andre Johnson last season who was coming from a similar situation. We see how that worked out.

I'll pass.

Yeah that couldn't have anything to do with the quarterback and injury situation lmao.  

Reply/Quote

I'll pass.

Andre Johnson might have been a better deal had the Colts not had a crappy/injured Luck and geriatric Matt Hasslebeck at QB all year.  
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:15 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: They also signed him to a big contract and had Matt hasselbeck at qb.  

Aj green would have had a tough time getting 700 yards in that offense last year.

2015 T.Y. Hilton - 1,124 yards  on 69 receptions with 5 TDs. Time to rethink your argument.
Reply/Quote
To everyone who jumped me.

Because bad QB play has hindered Andre Johnson before??????

I forgot he played with GREAT QB's his whole career in Houston... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Andre Johnson is another guy who's price tag will drop even further, but I think could be valuable to our team. He's also a huge receiver with a lot of good blocking experience. Our system is similar to what he played in with the Texans. With as bad as this WR draft class is... I can't see us not signing some veteran talent.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: To everyone who jumped me.

Because bad QB play has hindered Andre Johnson before??????

I forgot he played with GREAT QB's his whole career in Houston... Ninja

Meh, decent point, but it's still hard to hope the Bengals roll into 2016 with scrub kids at WR because of Andre Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, decent point, but it's still hard to hope the Bengals roll into 2016 with scrub kids at WR because of Andre Johnson
I hope the opposite I assure you. I want a veteran receiver. I just don't think Roddy White and Andre Johnson are the best options. IMO guys who have played the entirety of their career in one spot have a hard time moving to another team.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 2015 T.Y. Hilton - 1,124 yards  on 69 receptions with 5 TDs. Time to rethink your argument.

So your comparing a young number 1 receiver vs a guy with almost 70 less targets and 20 less receptions?  Backup quarterbacks lean on their first option more times than not in this league and how much of his success  came while Johnson was being double covered ?  you can't just look at stats and assume the guy was trash.  You really think the fall off from Marvin Jones to Andre Johnson would be that bad ?  I think Johnson made 7 million last year.  He will probably get 4-5 million this year and for a one year contract I can't see it as being a bad option for our team.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: So your comparing a young number 1 receiver vs a guy with almost 70 less targets and 20 less receptions?  Backup quarterbacks lean on their first option more times than not in this league and how much of his success  came while Johnson was being double covered ?  you can't just look at stats and assume the guy was trash.  You really think the fall off from Marvin Jones to Andre Johnson would be that bad ?  I think Johnson made 7 million last year.  He will probably get 4-5 million this year and for a one year contract I can't see it as being a bad option for our team.

You said A.J. Green couldn't even get 700 yards in that offense last season and I was showing you that you were completely wrong.

(correction, bengalbug said it originally)
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I hope the opposite I assure you. I want a veteran receiver. I just don't think Roddy White and Andre Johnson are the best options. IMO guys who have played the entirety of their career in one spot have a hard time moving to another team.

Now this I can 100% agree with.  The only argument that I have is that Johnson has played in a system closer to ours.  I agree that their not our best options. 

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 2015 T.Y. Hilton - 1,124 yards  on 69 receptions with 5 TDs. Time to rethink your argument.

Did some looking into this and Andre johnsons targets dropped from 181 to 147 to 77 in Indy.  His average yards per catch remained on average for his career FYI.

Ty Hilton had 134 target

Can't blame a guy for not putting up stats when he doesn't have opportunities.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I hope the opposite I assure you. I want a veteran receiver. I just don't think Roddy White and Andre Johnson are the best options. IMO guys who have played the entirety of their career in one spot have a hard time moving to another team.

Roddy White is far from my first choice, but if our choices were Roddy or nothing, I'll take Roddy over going into the season with Tate, Alford and some mid-round rookie fighting to play such an important role.

Plus, one benefit of signing a guy like Roddy (or Andre Johnson or Boldin) is that they could be a 1 year rental while a draft pick gets up to speed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You said A.J. Green couldn't even get 700 yards in that offense last season and I was showing you that you were completely wrong.

I didn't say that.  wrong person.  I just think with all things considered he wasn't as bad as his stats lead us to believe.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Roddy White is far from my first choice, but if our choices were Roddy or nothing, I'll take Roddy over going into the season with Tate, Alford and some mid-round rookie fighting to play such an important role.

Plus, one benefit of signing a guy like Roddy (or Andre Johnson or Boldin) is that they could be a 1 year rental while a draft pick gets up to speed.

I would take andre caldwell over Tate =)

Reply/Quote