Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
No surprise: Trump will host the G7 at his own resort.
If the Emoluments clause actually meant anything, Trump would have been impeached by now.

The Congress has made it very clear they don't give a shit that Trump is enriching himself and his children, especially via foreign contributors (such as politicians staying at his hotels to garner his favor) with his presidency, so it's not surprising that he is just continuing to do it.

At a certain point, you have to question who's at greater fault: the person committing the crimes/acting immorally or the institutions that allow him to.
(10-17-2019, 10:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you find them to be valid; I just found them to be overly dramatic and biased rhetoric. 

lol
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-17-2019, 10:41 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If the Emoluments clause actually meant anything, Trump would have been impeached by now.

The Congress has made it very clear they don't give a shit that Trump is enriching himself and his children, especially via foreign contributors (such as politicians staying at his hotels to garner his favor) with his presidency, so it's not surprising that he is just continuing to do it.

At a certain point, you have to question who's at greater fault: the person committing the crimes or the institutions that allow him to.

I agree that Trump's appearance of conflict of interest is to be criticized. But in this case does he get any credit for hosting it at cost (as Sunset suggests)? Seems sorta like a bunch of folks planning a party and wondering "Where can we rent" and one of them states "We can do it at my house for free and save money". 

I further agree with your question "Who's to blame" is profound. Reminds me of an IT person once sharing a story of a coworker who crashed a grid on his first day on the job by writing bad code. When the bosses asked him Why did you do it? He said Because you gave me the freedom to. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-17-2019, 10:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol

Good point. I never looked at it that way. 

Anyone who believes that Trump is doing this "at cost" also believe he is a multi-millionaire and he never lies.

Mulvaney has already said we won't see how they selected the site and I'd bet his salary for however long he has left in this administration that we'll never see the numbers after either.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Such over reaction. Cant beat Trump at he voting booth, got to beat him another way. I thought the kid in the cage was during Obama's term. Wasnt that where the photo was dated to?
(10-17-2019, 11:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Such over reaction.  Cant beat Trump at he voting booth, got to beat him another way.  I thought the kid in the cage was during Obama's term.  Wasnt that where the photo was dated to?

No that photo was taken in 2018 at a protest. 

I don't think it's an overreaction to be concerned about the president picking his private business as the site of a large government gathering, opening himself up to huge profits at the expense of the taxpayers and numerous emolument clause violations. The White House has already said that they will never reveal any of the information regarding their internal location search, ensuring that there will be no transparency. 

Goalpost Wrote:Such over reaction. Cant beat Trump at he voting booth, got to beat him another way. I thought the kid in the cage was during Obama's term. Wasnt that where the photo was dated to?

As to the photo you're most likely thinking of this one:
[Image: DeOGTuHVAAAw0Sa?format=jpg&name=large]
Lots of folks blamed Trump for that one.

Of course there was also the staged one during Trump admin that went viral and who can forget that award winning Times cover that showed Trump ripping kids from their parents:
[Image: 4a9b23dc-45a4-4fda-87b1-98b06b00ea0e_750x422.jpg]

Folks just get caught up in emotion sometimes. And some engage in Whataboutisim and the experts at identifying often miss it

As to the OP: Trump should know better. 

(10-18-2019, 12:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the photo you're most likely thinking of this one:
[Image: DeOGTuHVAAAw0Sa?format=jpg&name=large]
Lots of folks blamed Trump for that one.

Of course there was also the staged one during Trump admin that went viral and who can forget that award winning Times cover that showed Trump ripping kids from their parents:
[Image: 4a9b23dc-45a4-4fda-87b1-98b06b00ea0e_750x422.jpg]

Folks just get caught up in emotion sometimes. And some engage in Whataboutisim and the experts at identifying often miss it

As to the OP: Trump should know better. 

Are you denying that the Trump administration had a family separation policy that removed thousands of children from their parents? 

(10-18-2019, 01:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are you denying that the Trump administration had a family separation policy that removed thousands of children from their parents? 

I think everyone with a computer realizes the Admin had a policy that made crossing illegally a crime and they separated the child from the family; as the child committed no crime. But I have 0 idea what it has to do with this thread. 

(10-18-2019, 01:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think everyone with a computer realizes the Admin had a policy that made crossing illegally a crime and they separated the child from the family; as the child committed no crime. But I have 0 idea what it has to do with this thread. 

They also separated families legally requesting asylum at ports of entry, but everyone with a computer knows that and can see that the administration was proposing family separation as a determent months before the policy went into effect.

As to why I brought it up? I can only assume you actually read my post that you responded to and the post that I was responding to. Anyone with a computer can do that. 

(10-17-2019, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What more would you expect?  The same man donates his Presidential salary to worthy causes.  Y'all just need to lay off of the Pres. and start seeing him for the kind humanitarian that he really is.

Trump 2020

(10-17-2019, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Humanitarians rip away thousands of kids from their parents and put them in makeshift prisons?

Humanitarians abandon our allies and allow them to get executed?

Humanitarians refuse to acknowledge when dictators execute American residents?

But he donated his $400k to executive departments that he cut the budget to! Praise him! Even if he has spent 850 years worth of salaries on golf trips via the taxpayers...

Just to end the silly questions 

(10-17-2019, 10:41 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If the Emoluments clause actually meant anything, Trump would have been impeached by now.

At a certain point, you have to question who's at greater fault: the person committing the crimes/acting immorally or the institutions that allow him to.

Trump is a conman. Everyone knows it. I blame the Republicans in congress who sit back, defend his con and do nothing about it.
(10-17-2019, 08:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Will we truly know this unless we see his taxes in depth?

True He lies about everything. Its no wonder he is doing everything to hide his tax returns.
Duh. Why wouldn't you use the best? And at cost?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-18-2019, 09:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Duh.  Why wouldn't you use the best?  And at cost?

I agree.  Except that we don't know that the one that recently had a bedbug infestation and is losing revenue is "the best".

But since Trump never lies about anything I guess we can take his admin at their word.  Hilarious
(10-18-2019, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: I agree.  Except that we don't know that the one that recently had a bedbug infestation and is losing revenue is "the best".

But since Trump never lies about anything I guess we can take his admin at their word.  Hilarious

It's the best.  Believe me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-18-2019, 09:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It's the best.  Believe me.

Many people tell you?  Smirk
(10-18-2019, 10:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Many people tell you?  Smirk

and they say it a lot
All seriousness aside even "at cost" DJT will be bailing out a (another) failing business of his with quick cash.

'Cause I get the feeling that the his admin WILL pay this bill while they stiff all the rally cities.