Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No talks of firing Tobin/hiring a GM?
(12-03-2019, 04:23 PM)thillan Wrote: Haven’t heard a single word on this from the org. I’d like to think their fed up with the terrible drafting as of recent. Why do we still keep this guy?

You must be a new fan. Tobin is going nowhere until maybe (and it's a big maybe) when Mikey B kicks the bucket. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 07:52 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: You must be a new fan. Tobin is going nowhere until maybe (and it's a big maybe) when Mikey B kicks the bucket. 

I'd instead bet he becomes GM(ish) when Mike does leave this world.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 06:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think what he was alluding to, was the fact that the Panthers owner made a public announcement that losing would not be tolerated, in response to the Panthers loss to the then, 2 win Falcons.  Then, they lose this week to the at the time, 2 win Washington Redskins.  The owner made good on his statement, and took action.

However, GM isn't the problem with 'Carolina, their roster is loaded with talent.  It was the coach that has had them unprepared for battle.

Indeed. And Rivera made 4 playoff appearances and a SB appearance in his 9 years.

A lot of fanbases would be excited by that.

Here...we have a GM/owner who's made the playoffs 7 times in what 29 years? And they haven't changed that model.

The shelf-life of coaches and GM's in other cities is small when they don't win.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 08:09 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd instead bet he becomes GM(ish) when Mike does leave this world.

We're more likely to change the name of the team to the Cincinnati Tobins than fire him.
Reply/Quote
The logo would of course stay the same. He'd need to start wearing tiger-striped jump-suits.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 08:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The logo would of course stay the same. He'd need to start wearing tiger-striped jump-suits.

You just KNOW he's in some of their onesie pajama group Xmas photos.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 06:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think what he was alluding to, was the fact that the Panthers owner made a public announcement that losing would not be tolerated, in response to the Panthers loss to the then, 2 win Falcons.  Then, they lose this week to the at the time, 2 win Washington Redskins.  The owner made good on his statement, and took action.

However, GM isn't the problem with 'Carolina, their roster is loaded with talent.  It was the coach that has had them unprepared for battle.

On NFL radio today they were talking about what the Falcons will do, in particular what the owner will do given the poor season and the commentator said "Virtually every owner wants to leave a winning legacy". I wonder which ones do not really care about that?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As long as the Brown family owns the team, there won’t be a GM. When Mike goes away, Katie will step in and become the GM her self for some ridiculous reason. Like how Mike thinks he’s qualified, she’ll do the same.

What a mess.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 07:52 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: You must be a new fan. Tobin is going nowhere until maybe (and it's a big maybe) when Mikey B kicks the bucket. 

Nope. Just fed up with it (again). Just hoping I somehow push the needle to get it done.
Reply/Quote
Tobin is basically a member of the Brown/Blackburn family. He's not going anywhere unless he wants to.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 04:23 PM)thillan Wrote: Haven’t heard a single word on this from the org. I’d like to think their fed up with the terrible drafting as of recent. Why do we still keep this guy?

If we get rid of Tobin...…. It will just be the Browns and Blackburns left...

Tobin basically does GM duties without the title....  Since the title isn't available.  Who else is gonna come here and do GM work without the title?

tobin was offered GM positions elsewhere I believe.... and decided to stay.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 07:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: tobin was offered GM positions elsewhere I believe.... and decided to stay.

And why not. He has no accountability, just cashes cheques like the other Inbreds. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote