Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No threads about our tackling last night?
Worst tackling I have seen by our defense in ages. It was ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
What tackling?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Worst tackling I have seen by our defense in ages.  It was ridiculous.

I thought it pretty much spoke for itself.  You would have thought Martin was Kevin Mack on Tecmo Bowl.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:30 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I thought it pretty much spoke for itself.  You would have thought Martin was Kevin Mack on Tecmo Bowl.  

.....naw Marion Butts... Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:30 PM)Interceptor Wrote: What tackling?

lol was gonna say the same thing...

We didnt tackle well at all... We didnt block well at all either on the other side.

difference between week 1 and 2 of the preseason
Week 1 we owned the trenches
Week 2 we got owned in the trenches.

to be fair we know they dont get to do much live tackling in practice thanks to the new cba...
Reply/Quote
Zim would've torn them a new ass after last night. The question is, is Guenther's "leadership" like Andy Dalton's? I've not yet seen that trademark fire in Guenther that Zim was known for.
The artist formerly known as Heretic
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:46 PM)GarbageDisposal Wrote: Zim would've torn them a new ass after last night. The question is, is Guenther's "leadership" like Andy Dalton's? I've not yet seen that trademark fire in Guenther that Zim was known for.

You act like Zimmer's 'D' never laid eggs in night games.  
Reply/Quote
"Well, we didn't block......but we made up for it by not tackling...."

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:46 PM)GarbageDisposal Wrote: Zim would've torn them a new ass after last night. The question is, is Guenther's "leadership" like Andy Dalton's? I've not yet seen that trademark fire in Guenther that Zim was known for.

Leads himself to the golden corral a couple of times a week.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 05:11 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Leads himself to the golden corral a couple of times a week.

Ya got that right.  He's trying to catch Marvin in the belly department and giving him a helluva run for his money.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 05:20 PM)McC Wrote: Ya got that right.  He's trying to catch Marvin in the belly department and giving him a helluva run for his money.

Dude forgot to expense a couple of LB team lunches and MB decided he's our guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:47 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: You act like Zimmer's 'D' never laid eggs in night games.  

one aspect guenther should not have kept when he took over.
Reply/Quote
They need some "tacklin' fuel!"

[Image: 6Bobby-boucher.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....naw Marion Butts... Smirk

I was thinking Christian Okoye 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 06:15 PM)thegimp Wrote: I was thinking Christian Okoye 

The Nigerian Nightmare.  Seems like he ran for a lot of yards against us.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Pretty sure this same thing has happened in preseasons of past. Guys underrated Doug Martin a bit too.
Reply/Quote
Theoretically, it's coachable.

More worrisome is the league's worst pass rush last season looking like...well, like the league's worst pass rushers.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Worst tackling I have seen by our defense in ages.  It was ridiculous.

Well, here is a thread about the tackling.

It was indeed, atrocious.  It was like watching this team in 2007 all over again.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:17 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Well, here is a thread about the tackling.

It was indeed, atrocious.  It was like watching this team in 2007 all over again.
I thought I saw Landon Johnson out there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

It was bad…. I can't count the number of runs i saw the TB backs get bottled up at the LOS but manage to eek out 5 yards because of the failed tackles.

But lets not get off the main topic Fred… Andy sucking it up is the real problem. Ninja
Reply/Quote