Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No threads about our tackling last night?
At this level tackling is about effort. and that was the problem i saw last night with the entire team. Lack of effort.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: At this level tackling is about effort.  and that was the problem i saw last night with the entire team.  Lack of effort.

They will play with much more fire and effort when they avenge the playoff loss, and regular season ass whoopin' they took last year in just over one week. Ninja

#preseasonmatters
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The list was too long to get back down to tackling.

But it was obviously a problem.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 06:15 PM)thegimp Wrote: I was thinking Christian Okoye 

......that'd work too... ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: At this level tackling is about effort.  and that was the problem i saw last night with the entire team.  Lack of effort.

You're exactly right.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Worst tackling I have seen by our defense in ages.  It was ridiculous.

But it was only the preseason so it doesn't matter, right?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 10:28 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: But it was only the preseason so it doesn't matter, right?

Correct.  Pre season games don't count.  Lots of great teams have laid eggs in the preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Correct.  Pre season games don't count.  Lots of great teams have laid eggs in the preseason.

Lots of great teams have laid eggs when it counts too. Some people overreact to every loss as if football teams don't lose sometimes.

I can understand some frustration, and I can understand some criticism or concern, but the overreactions have been out of this world even though it's just preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 01:20 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Lots of great teams have laid eggs when it counts too. Some people overreact to every loss as if football teams don't lose sometimes.

I can understand some frustration, and I can understand some criticism or concern, but the overreactions have been out of this world even though it's just preseason.

I guess us fans are in mid season form lol...

Saturdays game will be telling if it happens again though...
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Worst tackling I have seen by our defense in ages.  It was ridiculous.

I saw major issues with tackling and blocking

I watched at least 6 other games this weekend, it was a consistent theme (poor tackling).

I blame it on not enough time permitted now in full pads to practice blocking and tackling.

But having said that, we took poor blocking and tackling to the highest level. It was sickening.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote