Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kings of the North
May be my last. May not.

If we get the right guys in this draft we are still in great position to be one of the best teams in the league.

Trying something a little different this time. Cam Robinson has been my favorite for 9 because I don't trust Ogbuehi. I won't go that way this time.

1. Browns - Myles Garrett DE
2. 49ers - Solomon Thomas DE
3. Bears - Jamal Adams S
4. Jaguars - OJ Howard TE
5. Titans - Mike Williams WR
6. Jets - Deshaun Watson QB
7. Chargers - John Ross WR
8. Panthers - Leonard Fournette RB
9. TRADE - Colts Marshon Lattimore CB- Colts see the top CB still on the board and make a move to go get Lattimore. Colts give us 15 and 46 for 9 and 251.
10. Bills - Reuben Foster LB
11. Saints - Derreck Barnett DE
12. Browns - Malik Hooker S
13. Cardinals - Jonathan Allen DL
14. Eagles - Charles Harris DE
15. Bengals - TJ Watt DE Wisconsin - One of the big surprises of the first round. Bengals targeted Watt all along. Effort, measurables, and bloodlines. High school QB started as a college TE and switched to defense in 2015. 15.5 TFLs and 11.5 sacks in 2016. Just scratching the surface. 6'5" 252lbs with room to add some weight. Being from Wisconsin he is ready for the AFC North weather.
16. Ravens - Cam Robinson OT
17. Redskins - Jabrill Peppers S/LB
18. Titans - Marlon Humphrey CB
19. Buccaneers - Obi Melifonwu S
20. Broncos - Haason Reddick LB
21. Lions - Taco Charlton DE
22. Dolphins - Takkarist McKinley DE
23. Giants - David Njoku TE
24. Raiders - Christian McCaffrey RB
25. Texans - Mitchell Trubisky QB
26. Seahawks - Garett Bolles OT
27. Chiefs - Zach Cunningham LB
28. Cowboys - Kevin King CB
29. Packers - Dalvin Cook RB
30. Steelers - Tim Williams LB
31. Falcons - Forrest Lamp OL
32. Saints - Tre'Davious White CB

Day two starts and QBs go off the board early. With the Browns and 49ers taking Kizer and Mahomes back to back to start the day. The Bengals' phone starts ringing. AJMC is drawing interest. The Cardinals have the best offer and give up their 2nd rounder pick 45 for AJMC.

41. Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma - Best RB in the draft gifted to us in the 2nd. Hopefully Marvin doesn't feel the need to continue playing Hill if his shoulder is hurt like last year.

45. Pat Elflein C Ohio State - Bodine is entering the final year of his contract. Elflein is busting his ass this offseason and transforming his body. His arrow is pointing up. He will be a better pro than college player. Another guy built for the AFC North.

46. Terrell Basham DE Ohio - Strong edge rusher class. Means we are double dipping early. Clarke and MJ are almost non exsistant as pass rushers. Watt and Basham solve our pass rushing and DE issues.

73. Ryan Anderson LB Alabama - Hard nosed tone setter. He falls to the 3rd only because of his lack of athleticism. Gilberry's cousin who just caught some heat for kicking Deshaun Watson out of a Bama bar. We made a spot for Maualuga all these years. We can make a spot for Anderson. One of my favorite players in the draft just because of his mentality.

116. Jake Butt TE Michigan - With a bunch of draft picks we are open to taking chances. With no immediate need Butt can properly heal up and hopefully get back to form.

138. Nazair Jones DT North Carolina - Big powerful DT with the ability to rag doll offensive linemen. My favorite DT in the draft.

153. Sidney Jones CB Washington - First round lock is there for the pickings after blowing his achilies at his pro day. Just so happens our CBs corps is deep as shit and we have a boatload of draft picks. Well worth the risk here.

176. Storm Norton OT Toledo - Giant 6'7.5" 308lbs project. First team MAC the last two years as Toledo's starting LT. Has the tools to develop into a starting left tackle.

193. Robert Davis WR Georgia State - Quietly blew the roof off of the combine. Julio Jones like measureables who set his schools receiving record.

217. Zane Gonzalez K Arizona State - The mandatory kicker pick.

227. Andreas Knappe OT Connecticut - The Margus Hunt of offensive tackles. 6'8" 323lbs right tackle from Denmark with 32 career starts who will be a 26 year old rookie. Teammates call him Thor and he didn't start playing football until he was 18. I'd take his upside over Winston's down side all day every day.

QB Dalton, Driskel
RB Mixon*, Hill, Gio (PUP), Peerman
FB Hewitt
TE Eifert, Kroft, Uzi (Butt* PUP)
WR AJ, LaFell, Boyd, Core, Erickson, Davis*
T Ogbuehi, Fisher, Norton*, Knappe*
G Boling, Andre, Westerman, TJ
C Elflein*, Bodine

DT Atkins, Billings, Naz*, Hardison
DE Dunlap, Watt*, MJ, Basham*, Clarke
LB Burfict, Minter, Vigil, Anderson*, Rey, Flowers, Dawson
S Iloka, Williams, Derron, Fej
CB Kirk, Picman, WJ3, Dennard, Shaw, Keivare (Sidney Jones* PUP)

Zane*, Huber, Harris
Reply/Quote
I won't fault you on your Watt pick, I don't agree with it at all, but we all have our favorites.

That being said, I don't see Watt going in the top 20, maybe not even in the top 25. I would much rather stay put and take Allen, Hooker, Barnett or Foster.

I think you could make a move up out of the second round with some of the 11 picks that we have to get Watt.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: May be my last. May not.

If we get the right guys in this draft we are still in great position to be one of the best teams in the league.

Trying something a little different this time. Cam Robinson has been my favorite for 9 because I don't trust Ogbuehi. I won't go that way this time.

1. Browns - Myles Garrett DE
2. 49ers - Solomon Thomas DE
3. Bears - Jamal Adams S
4. Jaguars - OJ Howard TE
5. Titans - Mike Williams WR
6. Jets - Deshaun Watson QB
7. Chargers - John Ross WR
8. Panthers - Leonard Fournette RB
9. TRADE - Colts Marshon Lattimore CB- Colts see the top CB still on the board and make a move to go get Lattimore. Colts give us 15 and 46 for 9 and 251.
10. Bills - Reuben Foster LB
11. Saints - Derreck Barnett DE
12. Browns - Malik Hooker S
13. Cardinals - Jonathan Allen DL
14. Eagles - Charles Harris DE
15. Bengals - TJ Watt DE Wisconsin - One of the big surprises of the first round. Bengals targeted Watt all along. Effort, measurables, and bloodlines. High school QB started as a college TE and switched to defense in 2015. 15.5 TFLs and 11.5 sacks in 2016. Just scratching the surface. 6'5" 252lbs with room to add some weight. Being from Wisconsin he is ready for the AFC North weather.
16. Ravens - Cam Robinson OT
17. Redskins - Jabrill Peppers S/LB
18. Titans - Marlon Humphrey CB
19. Buccaneers - Obi Melifonwu S
20. Broncos - Haason Reddick LB
21. Lions - Taco Charlton DE
22. Dolphins - Takkarist McKinley DE
23. Giants - David Njoku TE
24. Raiders - Christian McCaffrey RB
25. Texans - Mitchell Trubisky QB
26. Seahawks - Garett Bolles OT
27. Chiefs - Zach Cunningham LB
28. Cowboys - Kevin King CB
29. Packers - Dalvin Cook RB
30. Steelers - Tim Williams LB
31. Falcons - Forrest Lamp OL
32. Saints - Tre'Davious White CB

Day two starts and QBs go off the board early. With the Browns and 49ers taking Kizer and Mahomes back to back to start the day. The Bengals' phone starts ringing. AJMC is drawing interest. The Cardinals have the best offer and give up their 2nd rounder pick 45 for AJMC.

41. Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma - Best RB in the draft gifted to us in the 2nd. Hopefully Marvin doesn't feel the need to continue playing Hill if his shoulder is hurt like last year.

45. Pat Elflein C Ohio State - Bodine is entering the final year of his contract. Elflein is busting his ass this offseason and transforming his body. His arrow is pointing up. He will be a better pro than college player. Another guy built for the AFC North.

46. Terrell Basham DE Ohio - Strong edge rusher class. Means we are double dipping early. Clarke and MJ are almost non exsistant as pass rushers. Watt and Basham solve our pass rushing and DE issues.

73. Ryan Anderson LB Alabama - Hard nosed tone setter. He falls to the 3rd only because of his lack of athleticism. Gilberry's cousin who just caught some heat for kicking Deshaun Watson out of a Bama bar. We made a spot for Maualuga all these years. We can make a spot for Anderson. One of my favorite players in the draft just because of his mentality.

116. Jake Butt TE Michigan - With a bunch of draft picks we are open to taking chances. With no immediate need Butt can properly heal up and hopefully get back to form.

138. Nazair Jones DT North Carolina - Big powerful DT with the ability to rag doll offensive linemen. My favorite DT in the draft.

153. Sidney Jones CB Washington - First round lock is there for the pickings after blowing his achilies at his pro day. Just so happens our CBs corps is deep as shit and we have a boatload of draft picks. Well worth the risk here.

176. Storm Norton OT Toledo - Giant 6'7.5" 308lbs project. First team MAC the last two years as Toledo's starting LT. Has the tools to develop into a starting left tackle.

193. Robert Davis WR Georgia State - Quietly blew the roof off of the combine. Julio Jones like measureables who set his schools receiving record.

217. Zane Gonzalez K Arizona State - The mandatory kicker pick.

227. Andreas Knappe OT Connecticut - The Margus Hunt of offensive tackles. 6'8" 323lbs right tackle from Denmark with 32 career starts who will be a 26 year old rookie. Teammates call him Thor and he didn't start playing football until he was 18. I'd take his upside over Winston's down side all day every day.

QB Dalton, Driskel
RB Mixon*, Hill, Gio (PUP), Peerman
FB Hewitt
TE Eifert, Kroft, Uzi (Butt* PUP)
WR AJ, LaFell, Boyd, Core, Erickson, Davis*
T Ogbuehi, Fisher, Norton*, Knappe*
G Boling, Andre, Westerman, TJ
C Elflein*, Bodine

DT Atkins, Billings, Naz*, Hardison
DE Dunlap, Watt*, MJ, Basham*, Clarke
LB Burfict, Minter, Vigil, Anderson*, Rey, Flowers, Dawson
S Iloka, Williams, Derron, Fej
CB Kirk, Picman, WJ3, Dennard, Shaw, Keivare (Sidney Jones* PUP)

Zane*, Huber, Harris

Overall it's solid. Not my favorite, but you hit a lot of needs with solid players. The trade down would be the only way I could justify Watt because he wouldn't be worth the 9th pick. However grabbing him at 16 and with his potential and bloodline he could be a great asset to our defense. Love the double down at DE as well.
Reply/Quote