Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noah Spence
Is there more to that wrist injury to Ossai? I just read we brought in Spence for a workout
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 08:58 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Is there more to that wrist injury to Ossai? I just read we brought in Spence for a workout

I had not seen that Spence came in.

From what I saw about Ossai, he is expected to be ready to go early on, if not week 1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/8/19/22633113/nfl-free-agents-2021-bengals-noah-spence-saints-news-rumors-preseason

I loved Noah coming out of college. Seems NYJ would be in the market
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 09:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/8/19/22633113/nfl-free-agents-2021-bengals-noah-spence-saints-news-rumors-preseason

I loved Noah coming out of college. Seems NYJ would be in the market

Isn't he the guy that played his senior year at EKU? If so, I really liked him too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 10:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Isn't he the guy that played his senior year at EKU? If so, I really liked him too.

yep, former Buckeye
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Quote:The Bengals are likely just doing due diligence and keeping a list of guys to potentially sign if more injuries happen at this position. As of now, Kareem and Ossai aren’t expected to miss significant time.
Reply/Quote
I thought Spence was at Tampa and was doing really well? Anyone know what happened to him?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought Spence was at Tampa and was doing really well? Anyone know what happened to him?

ooh, that was 2+ years ago (and actually, his only, "good," season, was his rookie season).

He was with the Saints and injured, the past 2 seasons.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought Spence was at Tampa and was doing really well?  Anyone know what happened to him?

It looks like he's been bouncing around.  Was waived in Tampa in 2019.  Then spent part of the year with the Redskins who waived him after only a couple months.  Then was picked up by the Saints, where sat out for all of last year with a torn ACL.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought Spence was at Tampa and was doing really well?  Anyone know what happened to him?

I'm not sure if this is/was an issue for him, but there were rumors he transferred away from OSU because he enjoyed the nose candy a little too much. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 11:11 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm not sure if this is/was an issue for him, but there were rumors he transferred away from OSU because he enjoyed the nose candy a little too much. 

From what I've read, it was drugs in general (don't forget, his first violation was for ecstasy), but his problems in the NFL have been purely injury-related, from reports; it appears he is keeping his nose clean (no pun intended).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:49 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It looks like he's been bouncing around.  Was waived in Tampa in 2019.  Then spent part of the year with the Redskins who waived him after only a couple months.  Then was picked up by the Saints, where sat out for all of last year with a torn ACL.

Damn!  Guy has had his share of bad luck...

I know he supposedly got his shit together when he was booted from OSU, but I had not followed his NFL career.  He really was amazing at the combine if memory serves, and had the makings of a heck of a pass rusher.  I guess he is a pretty low risk stock at this point.  Like CBs, you can't have too many guys that can rush the passer.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 11:11 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm not sure if this is/was an issue for him, but there were rumors he transferred away from OSU because he enjoyed the nose candy a little too much. 

I know he had "character flags", but the folks he played for when he transferred raved about his maturity after leaving OSU.  I had just lost track of him in the NFL.  Don't really follow any other teams at all.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 12:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: From what I've read, it was drugs in general (don't forget, his first violation was for ecstasy), but his problems in the NFL have been purely injury-related, from reports; it appears he is keeping his nose clean (no pun intended).

But it is a quality pun lol

In all seriousness I would of been for bringing Spence in even if Ossai was 100%. Dude is a talent, love pass rush depth.

Noah Spence could be quality just like that pun if he is finally back and healthy and has his problems behind him.
Reply/Quote
Based on Sled's quote, I have to assume Ossai is dead right now.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 02:16 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Based on Sled's quote, I have to assume Ossai is dead right now.

Not my quote, it was the last sentence in the article. Many posters never seem to read that far.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 03:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not my quote, it was the last sentence in the article. Many posters never seem to read that far.

I figured it wasn't yours, but I couldn't quote your post and my brain is coming off of vacation mode so it ain't working quiet right. 

I probably should've said Sled's posted quote.

I'm still going to assume Ossai is dead somewhere in PBS. Probably stowed away with the Gatorades.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 08:58 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Is there more to that wrist injury to Ossai? I just read we brought in Spence for a workout

Don't know if he would make the final cuts or not, but couldn't hurt to bring him in and see how he does.   Best case scenario - his character issues are truely behind him, he makes the team and is an all pro.   Even if he doesn't make the team, he could be someone we have on stand-by in the event we have a long term injury and need someone who can be part of a rotation and has some familiarity with our system.  

Kinda mixed.    If we have room for him and think he can improve the position group - I say go for it.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 05:44 PM)jwalker3853 Wrote: Don't know if he would make the final cuts or not, but couldn't hurt to bring him in and see how he does.   Best case scenario - his character issues are truely behind him, he makes the team and is an all pro.   Even if he doesn't make the team, he could be someone we have on stand-by in the event we have a long term injury and need someone who can be part of a rotation and has some familiarity with our system.  

Kinda mixed.    If we have room for him and think he can improve the position group - I say go for it.  

At worst he could be what we lost in Wyatt Hubert when he went down.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 12:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know he had "character flags", but the folks he played for when he transferred raved about his maturity after leaving OSU.  I had just lost track of him in the NFL.  Don't really follow any other teams at all.  

Yeah, I watched him play a few games. I think the OSU boot was a wake up call. Going from the Big 10 to the OVC was either gonna get his attention, or send him all the way to rock bottom. He got his act together at Eastern. My memory with names is terrible these days, but bfine confirmed my thought that he was the guy that came from OSU and simply feasted on 1-AA linemen.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote