Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Nobody can really stop us!'
These gems in an article from Hobson titled: 'Quick Hits: Bengals Dominate, But Frustrate'

“Nobody can really stop us,” said Boyd after the Bengals racked up a season-high 451 yards, 119 more than Cleveland.

“Nobody. Nobody,” echoed in the next locker from running back Joe Mixon, who really was unstoppable with a career-high 146 yards on 23 carries.

“Beating ourselves,” Boyd said. “We outplayed those guys. Having three points isn’t going to win you games.”

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-bengals-dominate-but-frustrate
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: These gems in an article from Hobson titled: 'Quick Hits: Bengals Dominate, But Frustrate'

“Nobody can really stop us,” said Boyd after the Bengals racked up a season-high 451 yards, 119 more than Cleveland.

“Nobody. Nobody,” echoed in the next locker from running back Joe Mixon, who really was unstoppable with a career-high 146 yards on 23 carries.

“Beating ourselves,” Boyd said. “We outplayed those guys. Having three points isn’t going to win you games.”

The kool-aide is heavily spiked with many bottles of Everclear.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:18 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The kool-aide is heavily spiked with many bottles of Everclear.

It actually does sound quite cultish in a way how they all seem to recite the same delusional things after games.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It actually does sound quite cultish in a way how they all seem to recite the same delusional things after games.

That 1-12 record doesn't seem to phase them at all. They are living in fantasy land.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That 1-12 record doesn't seem to phase them at all. They are living in fantasy land.

Yeah, 1-12 when it comes to beating their opponents, but 12-1 when beating themselves. Just depends how you look at it.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
People can knock this all they want but to me it screams we are a team and we are not giving up. It says alot about that group.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, 1-12 when it comes to beating their opponents, but 12-1 when beating themselves. Just depends how you look at it.  Nervous

It's all a matter of perspective. If you turn the newspaper upside down we're in 1st place.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: These gems in an article from Hobson titled: 'Quick Hits: Bengals Dominate, But Frustrate'

???

Set the crack pipe down and step away from the.........
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:37 PM)Synric Wrote: People can knock this all they want but to me it screams we are a team and we are not giving up. It says alot about that group.

Eh, when you've got 1 win after 13 games...you gotta be able to laugh a little, right?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Eh, when you've got 1 win after 13 games...you gotta be able to laugh a little, right?

I'm just saying even though it's been a very...very rough year it's pretty awesome to hear the locker room is still fired up. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, 1-12 when it comes to beating their opponents, but 12-1 when beating themselves. Just depends how you look at it.  Nervous

LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Eh, when you've got 1 win after 13 games...you gotta be able to laugh a little, right?

Yes, but woe is me is for fans... We're in a world of hurt more than we know if our best players don't think they can win. I like that there is still some defiance and fight in them.

I kinda wish Tyler Boyd would have smacked Jarvis Landry's hand when he was on our bench doing whatever that was today, but that's neither here nor there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:44 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm just saying even though it's been a very...very rough year it's pretty awesome to hear the locker room is still fired up. 

All the more when you consider that all Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon have known is losing in the NFL.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Well Zac is still taking them out for pizza and ice cream afterwards.

So why wouldn't they be pumped?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:56 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well Zac is still taking them out for pizza and ice cream afterwards.

So why wouldn't they be pumped?

Mike's gonna kick in free Pez dispensers. Found them in the trunk of his 95 Lumina the other day.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:44 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm just saying even though it's been a very...very rough year it's pretty awesome to hear the locker room is still fired up. 

It's a fine line between 'Fired up' and 'Delusional' I guess.
Reply/Quote
They out gained Cleveland by 118 today and they did beat themselves in the Redzone. In all honesty this is another game they should/could have one but they ended up screwing themselves over again.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's a fine line between 'Fired up' and 'Delusional' I guess.

Also stupid and clever.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

They’re so fired up that they almost sound content. Sometimes they sound as if they were the winning team.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:05 AM)J24 Wrote: They out gained Cleveland by 118 today and they did beat themselves in the Redzone. In all honesty this is another game they should/could have one but they ended up screwing themselves over again.

The hallmark of bad/poorly coached teams.
Reply/Quote