Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Nobody cares, work harder"
Burrow looking healthy. There were whispers of him still having a limp when he threw the pitch, but he is looking good in this video..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CclCEvUjwzT/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I didn’t even realize that was D’Ante Smith in the video. Certainly looks the part.

Reply/Quote
Good to see Joe and the rest of em hitting it hard.
Reply/Quote
You working that little bit harder than the other guy may make all the difference. Assuming a relatively equal talent level, if you have a team that works harder then you’ve got a shot.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 07:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow looking healthy. There were whispers of him still having a limp when he threw the pitch, but he is looking good in this video..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CclCEvUjwzT/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

That wasn't a limp, that was a strut.... Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 11:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: That wasn't a limp, that was a strut.... Cool

His pimp walk!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I didn’t even realize that was D’Ante Smith in the video. Certainly looks the part.

D'Ante Smith might be the Starting Left Guard this season at the very least likely the Swing Tackle. Word is Jackson Carman putting in the work this offseason too.

Love to hear things like this.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I know that video is edited, but the training that athletes do nowadays is just ridiculous. It makes my workouts look like bible study.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 12:55 PM)Synric Wrote: D'Ante Smith might be the Starting Left Guard this season at the very least likely the Swing Tackle. Word is Jackson Carman putting in the work this offseason too.

Love to hear things like this.

Apparently Smith has put on about 50 lbs this off-season. That's big for a guy who's biggest critique was his lack of strength/size. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It is good to see players stay in town during the off-season. Shows they have committed to the city, not just the team. I wonder if Joe is making a trip to California to do some work with Jordan Palmer this off-season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm far from being a physical trainer, but I don't see how doing that leg extension, then letting the plate on the rubber band bounce with your knee extended like it was can be good. I guess it is or they wouldn't be doing it, but it makes my knee hurt just to watch it.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 12:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: His pimp walk!

Exactly!!!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Maybe it's just me, but being these guys are paid insane amounts of money to do what they do I don't think it unreasonable to expect them to work their asses of all season to stay in the best shape possible. At my age I couldn't do any of it, but at 22-30 years old I may have had some sort of shot at being in such shape had I been offered a gazillion bucks instead of merely spending all my money on raising kids and staying drunk the rest of the time..  Wait! Did i say i stayed drunk?  Well, part of the time, but i wasn't paid to go get the crap beat out of me 18 days out of the year. I just got the crap beat out of me for being  drunk in rough assed bars.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 12:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: Maybe it's just me, but being these guys are paid insane amounts of money to do what they do I don't think it unreasonable to expect them to work their asses of all season to stay in the best shape possible. 

The ones that don't work out all year don't last very long in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I didn’t even realize that was D’Ante Smith in the video. Certainly looks the part.

D'Ante looks fantastic!  Shocked

Man, looking for D'Ante to push for a starting spot. Dude is crazy talented and is putting in the work ahead of schedule.

I thought he could be a great OT down the road learning behind a vet like Reiff but now I saw he could also play Guard last 
preseason makes me think Carman may be in trouble for that LG spot if anything negative happens to Carman at all. Same 
with any of the spots and Jonah HAS had injury problems in his first seasons.
Reply/Quote