Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody else is say this (for real)
Vigil had a great game. Led the team with 12 tackles and was all over the field. Had to play with a couple nobodies at LB with him. PFF said he was credited with 7 stops (whatever that means, but I assume it is good) 5 more than any other Bengal.

I've been as hard on Nick as anyone but he's looked good this PS and looked real good yesterday.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He most certainly did and when Burfict returns the LBers are set.

Did give him a little love in my thread. Yet not nearly enough.

Still have not found this game ball thread. Will keep searching

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He was all over the place. But who was responsible for getting owned in coverage? 39 completions. Short crossers and slants were killing us. We won't face a guy like Luck every week, but the coverage in the middle of the field needs to improve
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:26 PM)Brimey Wrote: He was all over the place. But who was responsible for getting owned in coverage? 39 completions. Short crossers and slants were killing us. We won't face a guy like Luck every week, but the coverage in the middle of the field needs to improve

I'm sure some of it was on LBers but some of it was on soft coverage as well.

Vigil had a pretty good game.
Reply/Quote
when he snuffed out that screen for a 5 yard loss at the end of the game to make it 3rd and 15...that was huge
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He most certainly did and when Burfict returns the LBers are set.

Did give him a little love in my thread. Yet not nearly enough.

Still have not found this game ball thread. Will keep searching

No doubt I think With Burfict-Nick-Brown (BnB) we're in good shape at LB.

BTW, anybody notice/have numbers on where Nick lined up the most (Mike-Will-Sam)?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Vigil did have a good game, which is refreshing to see. The LB unit as a whole looked solid. It looked to me as though Vigil was lined up at SAM for most of the game, but I'm not certain. 
Reply/Quote
Yes! Vigil played very well. I can't remember if it was on this message board, on Geoff Hobson's articles, or elsewhere, but someone expected a big year from vigil
Reply/Quote
I think when Burfict is back and Brown is healthy, our LB core is solid. We just need Vigil to continue to play at this level.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Vigil had a great game. Led the team with 12 tackles and was all over the field. Had to play with a couple nobodies at LB with him. PFF said he was credited with 7 stops (whatever that means, but I assume it is good) 5 more than any other Bengal.

I've been as hard on Nick as anyone but he's looked good this PS and looked real good yesterday.

Ain't it nice to have a D-Line EAT blocks and cause MAJOR disruptions? 
AWESOME!

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:26 PM)Brimey Wrote: He was all over the place. But who was responsible for getting owned in coverage? 39 completions. Short crossers and slants were killing us. We won't face a guy like Luck every week, but the coverage in the middle of the field needs to improve

The coaches?

The plan was to give up the underneath stuff and not let Luck beat them over the top. I'm sure they would have loved some more stops on 3rd down but last time i checked, Luck was an overall #1 pick in the draft and lauded as...here ya go gramps...the best thing since sliced bread. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The coaches?

The plan was to give up the underneath stuff and not let Luck beat them over the top. I'm sure they would have loved some more stops on 3rd down but last time i checked, Luck was an overall #1 pick in the draft and lauded as...here ya go gramps...the best thing since sliced bread. 
The only thing better than sliced bread is a great sandwich.  You can quote me on that too.. lol They need to make a sandwich out of Fake-o come Thursday . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I hesitate to praise the LBs in a game where the defense allowed 22 catches (on 27 targets, 81.5% completion) for 165 yards/1 TD to the RBs and TEs.

If they also couldn't stop some random guys named Jordan Wilkins and Nyheim Hines in the run game... we'd have to panic. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Vigil had a great game. Led the team with 12 tackles and was all over the field. Had to play with a couple nobodies at LB with him. PFF said he was credited with 7 stops (whatever that means, but I assume it is good) 5 more than any other Bengal.

Are you saying there is a chance a young player improves as they gain experience and add strength? That can't be. I read on here all of the time players are garbage and should be cut. Ones who were called garbage we go on to other teams and play well (Peko & Hunt to name 2), yet still  those posters claim their superiority by ignoring it or trashing current Bengal players for not being able to block them.

On Vigil, he did carry over his strong preseason play Sunday. Our LB group could be very good once we get Brown healthy and Burfict back.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 04:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hesitate to praise the LBs in a game where the defense allowed 22 catches (on 27 targets, 81.5% completion) for 165 yards/1 TD to the RBs and TEs.

If they also couldn't stop some random guys named Jordan Wilkins and Nyheim Hines in the run game... we'd have to panic. Lol

Did anyone watch the Rams/Raiders? The great RAM defense was gutted in the first half for 40 plays (could not make a play to get off the field) and almost 250 yards. The Raider's offense is average at best. They did shut them down in had 2, but TE Cook had almost 200 yards receiving.

My point is these are pros and great coaches so the other team will execute better at times, it is football.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Good job by Vigil and Fej I gave both of them hell. They both played well hope it continues thru-out the year. Haslett has done a good job with the linebackers Nickerson came in and did a decent job as well.
Reply/Quote

A stop is either a TFL or a play that gets the team off the field; essentially, a 3rd down tackle that makes it 4th and 7 in the team's territory, will force a punt.

The person who made that tackle, is credited with a stop.

(09-11-2018, 04:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hesitate to praise the LBs in a game where the defense allowed 22 catches (on 27 targets, 81.5% completion) for 165 yards/1 TD to the RBs and TEs.

Wilkins: 14 carries, 40 yards: 2.86 YPC
Hynes: 5 carries, 19 yards: 3.8 YPC

19/59 is 3.1 YPC; we more than stopped random guys in the run game.

(09-11-2018, 08:28 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Are you saying there is a chance a young player improves as they gain experience and add strength? That can't be. I read on here all of the time players are garbage and should be cut. Ones who were called garbage we go on to other teams and play well (Peko & Hunt to name 2), yet still  those posters claim their superiority by ignoring it or trashing current Bengal players for not being able to block them.

On Vigil, he did carry over his strong preseason play Sunday. Our LB group could be very good once we get Brown healthy and Burfict back.

Pistons, before he left (which will do him well, to have been away from here for a while), was ragging on Vigil to death and constantly ripping him to shreds last year, despite a very good first half to the season.

The dline was praising the pick, IIRC when he was selected and they all had massive hype for him.

When do you ever hear multiple people on the dline praise a LB?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, Vigil is progressing nicely and seems to be coming into his own out there.  Burfict/Brown/Vigil will be a very nice LB corps as the season goes on.  Hope they can all stay healthy.  Evans and Nickerson seem to improving as well, but need more time to develop.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, Vigil is progressing nicely and seems to be coming into his own out there.  Burfict/Brown/Vigil will be a very nice LB corps as the season goes on.  Hope they can all stay healthy.  Evans and Nickerson seem to improving as well, but need more time to develop.

I so wanna believe that Evans turns into the stud we all want. He's got everything you need physically but the game hasn't slowed for him yet. Hoping that happens soon!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I so wanna believe that Evans turns into the stud we all want. He's got everything you need physically but the game hasn't slowed for him yet. Hoping that happens soon!

I hope so too, obviously.  He looks good at times, lost at others....still young though, maybe he gets it like Vigil did by the end of his 2nd season.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote