Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody else is saying it
so I will.

Mixon ran and caught in beast mode and looks like somebody who could lead this team to the promise land.

That laser Andy threw him that he nonchalantly caught one handed was not an easy catch at all.

Was before, but really excited about him this season after that display.

Wow is all I can say.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Mixon had a great game ! ThumbsUp

I figured we would struggle to run the ball and all things considered we didn't. We have the majority of what we need to be competitive. But they have to somehow someway get right side of Oline to at least be average.

Do that and this team is in the thick of it.
Reply/Quote
seemed like we could have just ran it all day.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mixon had a great game !  ThumbsUp

I figured we would struggle to run the ball and all things considered we didn't. We have the majority of what we need to be competitive. But they have to somehow someway get right side of Oline to at least be average.

Do that and this team is in the thick of it.

Redmond played decent, it really is only Hart that sucks it seems which is not as bad as it could of been.
Reply/Quote
I really hope this is the new normal and not an aberration.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: so I will.

Mixon ran and caught in beast mode and looks like somebody who could lead this team to the promise land.

That laser Andy threw him that he nonchalantly caught one handed was not an easy catch at all.

Was before, but really excited about him this season after that display.

Wow is all I can say.

Literally everyone has been saying this. Go check out the gameball thread. 

/endthread
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:59 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Literally everyone has been saying this. Go check out the gameball thread. 

/endthread

Working and really have no time to read everything until tonight. 

Read all thread titles and skimmed a few but thought his performance was thread worthy. 

Sorry if I stepped out of bounds.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
His speed is so deceptive.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 02:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Working and really have no time to read everything until tonight. 

Read all thread titles and skimmed a few but thought his performance was thread worthy. 

I disagree with it being everywhere, more focus has been on the o-line. 

I agree with how good Mixon was. I mentioned this in the thread I started a few hours ago, but Mixon has SERIOUS potential. I'm hoping the Bengals realize that they have such a weapon on their hands, and continue to focus on the o-line to help him. Mixon is playing like a Gurley, Bell, etc., but not at that level yet. But an extremely high level nonetheless. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 02:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Working and really have no time to read everything until tonight. 

Speaking of out of bounds. I generally wouldnt say this. But i wouldnt mind Mixon running out of bounds every once in awhile. 

He would do himself some favors avoiding some of those hits. 

It is awesome because he goes in hard on people. There is no trying to avoid contact. He is accelerating and trying to punish defenders.

Dont be affriad to save some wear and tear
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: seemed like we could have just ran it all day.

Not to the right, we couldn't.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Speaking of out of bounds. I generally wouldnt say this. But i wouldnt mind Mixon running out of bounds every once in awhile. 

He would do himself some favors avoiding some of those hits. 

It is awesome because he goes in hard on people. There is no trying to avoid contact. He is accelerating and trying to punish defenders.

Dont be affriad to save some wear and tear

As long as he doesn't go out of bounds against the AFC North.

And for the record, he looked flat out awesome yesterday.   Hope he can do that Thursday night.
Reply/Quote

Not out of bounds my man.....but it was hashed over in the gameball thread, and Joe is winning the poll by a pretty good margin.  Also, I and others gave him pretty good accolades in the Game Day thread.  This is the first Mixon thread though.

He looked good, really good.  As long as we don't run it right too often, he'll be fine.  Kinda sucked that Gio got his only carry to the right side....and was stuffed.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 04:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not out of bounds my man.....but it was hashed over in the gameball thread, and Joe is winning the poll by a pretty good margin.  Also, I and others gave him pretty good accolades in the Game Day thread.  This is the first Mixon thread though.

He looked good, really good.  As long as we don't run it right too often, he'll be fine.  Kinda sucked that Gio got his only carry to the right side....and was stuffed.

They've gotta put Fisher in or something at RT

It won't take long for Defenses to realize we can't run right
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 04:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They've gotta put Fisher in or something at RT

It won't take long for Defenses to realize we can't run right

Yep.  I think we're looking at some more Hback involvement, and TE/RB chips/double teams on that side.  I'm sure the coaches are looking at the film and thinking the same thing.  If Hart truly is our best option (no reason to believe otherwise with what we've seen from 70 & 74), he's going to need some help.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 05:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.  I think we're looking at some more Hback involvement, and TE/RB chips/double teams on that side.  I'm sure the coaches are looking at the film and thinking the same thing.  If Hart truly is our best option (no reason to believe otherwise with what we've seen from 70 & 74), he's going to need some help.

What's Hewitt up to these days ?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 05:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What's Hewitt up to these days ?  Ninja

He's watching Sam Hubbard run lead goal line blocking for Mixon..... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 05:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's watching Sam Hubbard run lead goal line blocking for Mixon..... ThumbsUp

I thought he was in Indy now. Thought I saw him on the sideline yesterday.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 05:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's watching Sam Hubbard run lead goal line blocking for Mixon..... ThumbsUp

touche!

Sam Hubbard was good to watch in that TD play...he looked like a thirsty labrador sprinting for the water bowl...not sure he knew exactly what he was doing but he was all in and having fun and tore into it!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 05:35 PM)Mer Wrote: I thought he was in Indy now. Thought I saw him on the sideline yesterday.

He was......... watching Sam Hubbard hit what used to be his hole in front of Mixon...... I feel bad for him, I always liked his play here.
Reply/Quote