Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody else is saying it
(09-10-2018, 04:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not out of bounds my man.....but it was hashed over in the gameball thread, and Joe is winning the poll by a pretty good margin.  Also, I and others gave him pretty good accolades in the Game Day thread.  This is the first Mixon thread though.

He looked good, really good.  As long as we don't run it right too often, he'll be fine.  Kinda sucked that Gio got his only carry to the right side....and was stuffed.

Can we get away with only running left?  Although, there was a great hole straight up the gut on his first carry.  So, can we get away with never running right, just left and straight ahead?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Margus Hunt was throwing Hart around like a ragdoll. We should have made him an offensive tackle.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 05:39 PM)McC Wrote: Can we get away with only running left?  Although, there was a great hole straight up the gut on his first carry.  So, can we get away with never running right, just left and straight ahead?

That will be up to Lazor. When your offense has a glaring weakness it takes creativity to hide it. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 05:39 PM)McC Wrote: Can we get away with only running left?  Although, there was a great hole straight up the gut on his first carry.  So, can we get away with never running right, just left and straight ahead?

Not long term

They can scheme around it, disguise it some short term.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: so I will.

Mixon ran and caught in beast mode and looks like somebody who could lead this team to the promise land.

That laser Andy threw him that he nonchalantly caught one handed was not an easy catch at all.

Was before, but really excited about him this season after that display.

Wow is all I can say.

Mixon clearly showed he's the best RB on the team, on any down. He's a 3 down workhorse. He will need rests from Bernard to keep him fresh for the entire season.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: so I will.

Mixon ran and caught in beast mode and looks like somebody who could lead this team to the promise land.

That laser Andy threw him that he nonchalantly caught one handed was not an easy catch at all.

Was before, but really excited about him this season after that display.

Wow is all I can say.

I agree cards.

We get the right side of the wall fixed, this is a SB offense.
Reply/Quote
I noticed Mixon has toned down the 1st down celebrations a bit this season thus far. Actually looks like he stole Gios first down celebration lol.

Either way, I think it was the right level of excitment for a first down/big run, instead of acting like we just won after a 5 yard run lol
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 05:35 PM)Mer Wrote: I thought he was in Indy now. Thought I saw him on the sideline yesterday.

always have been a big fan of his as well as most others around here are.

Hated losing him but it is a business as well. Think Indy had duel reasons for inking him. 

One he is good, two insider info that apparently did not help.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 04:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not out of bounds my man.....but it was hashed over in the gameball thread, and Joe is winning the poll by a pretty good margin.  Also, I and others gave him pretty good accolades in the Game Day thread.  This is the first Mixon thread though.

He looked good, really good.  As long as we don't run it right too often, he'll be fine.  Kinda sucked that Gio got his only carry to the right side....and was stuffed.

Feel bad for Gio as well but we all know his capabilities. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Mixon looked extremely fast with his weight loss, and also more decisive in making a cut and getting upfield in a hurry. When we pulled him for Gio for a stretch, it seemed to bog us down. When he re-entered, things improved quickly and our passing game also came to life with the threat of Mixon's running. He is a big key to our offense right now.

By the way, I love Gio, and he will always have his specialties, and certain games that he just fits. However, Mixon is the key, and we just have to realize that, without running him into the ground.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 02:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Working and really have no time to read everything until tonight. 

Read all thread titles and skimmed a few but thought his performance was thread worthy. 

Sorry if I stepped out of bounds.

refs didn't see it!

Reply/Quote
What I saw

Dalton looked very solid, minus that early screen where he looked to be trying to seed the clouds for rain.

Mixon looked incredible.

Gio never caught gear and was ho hum but really did not get a lot of chances.

Eiffert looked healthy and still sure handed.

AJ looked solid except for fumbles. Glad it happened early in year during a victory.

Ross got his first TD out of the way and can now concentrate on getting open more.

Boyd did not show much in box score but he was johnny on the spot when AJ coughed it up again.

Cordy Glen was a major improvement
Boling was typical Boling and was solid except false start.
Price was a major improvement
Redmond had no false starts and did ok.
Hart had tough outing but Hunt looked good and like we gave up a little early on him.

D-line did not get a lot of pressure and did not always clog middle on runs. But Luck was throwing quickly and accurately.

Lb's Vigil looked solid and Brown got a pick before getting hurt. Should be solid when Burfict returns.

WJIII looked not quite like we recall but once again Luck was throwing quick with surgical percision

Kirkpatrick thought had a really good game.

Bates played really well and think he played every single down.

Fej kicked butt and took names and was faster than I thought.

So D-line, Gio, WJIII, all played not quite up to speed.but they are the last people I am concerned with. They all have valid excuses and big heart. These will all be fine.

Still concerned about RT though. But pretty darn happy overall.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Mixon looks like the total package RB. I think it was 149 or so total yards. He has a ton of energy and we are lucky to have him. He has moves, burst, vision, patience, hands, etc. Total package.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:33 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Mixon looks like the total package RB. I think it was 149 or so total yards. He has a ton of energy and we are lucky to have him. He has moves, burst, vision, patience, hands, etc. Total package.

Agree he was all that and a bag of chips

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 05:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What's Hewitt up to these days ?  Ninja

(09-10-2018, 05:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's watching Sam Hubbard run lead goal line blocking for Mixon..... ThumbsUp

Ha ha......I did see Uzomah in the backfield a few plays.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

(09-10-2018, 06:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not long term

They can scheme around it, disguise it some short term.

This ^^^ McC.  We'll have to get creative running right it seems, but hopefully they figure it out.  They have to.  We can't run left every series.....although Glenn looks like he block two or three at one time....lol.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 11:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ha ha......I did see Uzomah in the backfield a few plays.

Yeah, I saw CJ back there too, but that lead block Hubbard threw on the touchdown moved the pile..... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 01:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I saw CJ back there too, but that lead block Hubbard threw on the touchdown moved the pile..... ThumbsUp

Fo' sho'. :andy:

(I called him Peko Light in the Game Day thread.... Smirk )

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 11:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ha ha......I did see Uzomah in the backfield a few plays.

Actually like Uzomah and think he may have a minor breakout year. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Mixon looked elite. Fast, powerful, tireless and has great hands. Team seems to rally around him as well. Will really know a lot more aftter Thursday. If Mixon can have a game against Baltimore I feel very confident moving forward in this offense
Reply/Quote