Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody is picking us to win
I think they see a vulnerable and predictable Ravens offense with no answers. Take away Smith and the Ravens have nobody to throw to consistently. Our offense on the other hand isn't in quite such disarray and our D is relatively healthy minus Burfict.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We can and should win this game, but will we? As lots have stated already, this will not be an easy game as it is the home opener for Baltimore and they will not want to start 0-3. They will be fired up and will play us tough. Let's just hope we play them tougher. If we play like we have the first two games, except for the fumbles last week, we should win. I hope we blow them out, but as long as we come away with a win, I'll take it.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time the Ravens started 0-2, they won the Super Bowl that year
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 12:34 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time the Ravens started 0-2, they won the Super Bowl that year

Nope, they beat us 44-13 week 1 of that year.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 12:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Nope, they beat us 44-13 week 1 of that year.

Gotcha. My friend who is a Ravens fan told me that. He's blowing smoke
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 11:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: To me this game is kinda lining up like the Patriots game did last season. A good team who's had a tough go of it early and is fighting basically for their lives. Let's hope a different Bengals team shows up this season !

Yep. Obviously the Ravens aren't as talented as the Pats, but they'll be playing with the same emotional edge. I think Marvin's teams have struggled matching their opponent's intensity in this type of situation in the past. A win today would be huge on multiple levels.
Reply/Quote
The difference in talent in the NFL is pretty small. The desperation level of the Ravens may give them an advantage today.

But if the Bengals really are a top team they should win this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The difference in talent in the NFL is pretty small.  The desperation level of the Ravens may give them an advantage today.

But if the Bengals really are a top team they should win this game.

Why is it being universally assumed that the desperation is a positive?  It might just as easily be a negative, yet everyone sees it giving the Ratbirds some kind of an advantage.  Does anyone really believe the Bengals won't match their intensity?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 12:18 PM)McC Wrote: Why is it being universally assumed that the desperation is a positive?  It might just as easily be a negative, yet everyone sees it giving the Ratbirds some kind of an advantage.  

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it seems that teams that are more desperate win more often.  Obviously that doesn't happen every time or else there would be no teams losing 10 or more games a year.  Also with the game being in Baltimore I can see that magnifying the Ravens emotional advantage. 

But I still contend that if the Bengals a really a top team they should win this game.

The question is are the Ravens really as bad as they looked last week.  It is really hard to get a full understanding of a teams strengths and weaknesses in just 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 12:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it seems that teams that are more desperate win more often.  Obviously that doesn't happen every time or else there would be no teams losing 10 or more games a year.  Also with the game being in Baltimore I can see that magnifying the Ravens emotional advantage. 

But I still contend that if the Bengals a really a top team they should win this game.

The question is are the Ravens really as bad as they looked last week.  It is really hard to get a full understanding of a teams strengths and weaknesses in just 2 games.

I haven't seen either one of their games.  I do believe they played good defense against the Broncos.  Don't know what happened against the Raiders.  Being at home is an advantage.  But the Bengals broke down that wall last year.

This game is just as big for the Bengals, so I see them matching the emotions.  If they do, that would seem to cancel out one of their edges.  Come out strong, keep the crowd out of it and let that desperation sink them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
fake Boomer Bergman picked against Cincy again, so all is well....looks like a win.
Reply/Quote
A strong start would be huge. Keep the crowd quiet as possible and let doubt start creeping into the players minds.
Reply/Quote
Balti Home opener, 0-2 record, Div game are all motivating factors for the Ravens.

But if our Bengals want to be Super Bowl Champs they will win this game.

These are the games that championship teams win.

We go 3 and 0 and sit atop the AFCN............Balti drops to 0 and 3 and is out of the playoffs !

I think we win today 24-17.
Reply/Quote