Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Alcoholic Beer
(10-22-2015, 11:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, if you're just going to be talking about AB stuff, then I get what you're saying. But that's not all there is to beer in the world. For instance, the Bitburger deliciousness bfine and I were discussing.

I guess the only way I could really understand the N/A thing is if somebody can't consume alcohol for a specific reason.

Why the need to over indulge if you have to work the next morning? Isn't there any bit of self control left in people? Just drink 1-2 beers and then drink other things. If you HAVE to have beer and you're really into shitty flavored things, then sure, go for some N/A beer and knock yourself out. I've never had Bitburger specifically, but I've read plenty of reviews from people I trust in the beer community. I've yet to see a N/A beer score very highly by many people.

Meh. If that's what you guys are into, I just don't see the point when there are more beverages in the world to choose from when I don't want any more alcohol. I don't NEED beer flavor in my life at all times.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I love to drink beer; however, as I get older it gets harder to get up and at 'em after a night of indulging. So recently I have turned to drinking N/As throughout the week. Bonus if no groggy feeling the next morning and half the calories of Light Beer. Couple questions: what is your opinion on NA beers and if you partake what is your favorite.

I enjoy Bitberger Drive.

i used to drink SHARPS when i hung out with my dad and his friends and they drank so i could blend in.(when i was like 10-14).. I havent drank one in a long time but now that im not suppose to drink beer (medical) i might look into it again
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 12:01 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I guess the only way I could really understand the N/A thing is if somebody can't consume alcohol for a specific reason.

Why the need to over indulge if you have to work the next morning? Isn't there any bit of self control left in people? Just drink 1-2 beers and then drink other things. If you HAVE to have beer and you're really into shitty flavored things, then sure, go for some N/A beer and knock yourself out. I've never had Bitburger specifically, but I've read plenty of reviews from people I trust in the beer community. I've yet to see a N/A beer score very highly by many people.

Meh. If that's what you guys are into, I just don't see the point when there are more beverages in the world to choose from when I don't want any more alcohol. I don't NEED beer flavor in my life at all times.

So basically you can't imagine that any other person could possibly have a different opinion than you?

Am I the only one shocked to hear this?
Reply/Quote
Why the hell would anyone ever drink non alcoholic beer?

Just drink water for Christ sake.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:12 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Some people actually enjoy the taste of beer. If you want to go the route of the taste of beer without the effects of the alcohol then it is a decent option.

Yeah beer taste good but not the normal suspects

I enjoy a dark lager or porter with a nice diner. or a hoppy IPA but I rarely drink to get drunk anymore because its not worth it (driving drunk) and unless footballs on i usually dont drink at home

(10-22-2015, 12:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why the hell would anyone ever drink non alcoholic beer?

Just drink water for Christ sake.

No need to bring you know who into this but even that man was said to turn water to booze.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So basically you can't imagine that any other person could possibly have a different opinion than you?

Am I the only one shocked to hear this?

No, I can't imagine why people don't have the self control to drink something other than beer if they can no longer handle the effects of alcohol.

As I said, I know zero people who have ever drank shitty beer for a reason other than to get drunk, so if you can't get drunk anymore, you clearly should just drink something else since it's not for "the taste" as some will claim. The stuff is piss water.

Am I the only one shocked to hear Fred defend people with zero self control?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 12:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i used to drink SHARPS when i hung out with my dad and his friends and they drank so i could blend in.(when i was like 10-14)..    I havent drank one in a long time but now that im not suppose to drink beer  (medical)  i might look into it again

If so I recommend the Bitberger Drive. it is the only one I've found that truly has 0% alcohol. Most others have 0.5%.

The Kaliber (Guinness) is also quite good if you want the taste of a good beer without the side effects of the Alcohol.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, if you're just going to be talking about AB stuff, then I get what you're saying. But that's not all there is to beer in the world. For instance, the Bitburger deliciousness bfine and I were discussing.

In my mind, if the goal were to get intoxicated there are faster means that sipping a few beers. As hard as it is for some to believe there are those that just enjoy drinking a few cold beers (nothing chills like a beer).

There are quite a few quality tasting alternatives if folks just look past the stereotypes.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In my mind, if the goal were to get intoxicated there are faster means that sipping a few beers. As hard as it is for some to believe there are those that just enjoy drinking a few cold beers (nothing chills like a beer).

There are quite a few quality tasting alternatives if folks just look past the stereotypes.

It's not a stereotype.

Beer tasting is one of my hobbies that I take very seriously. I know more than you'd ever imagine about the subject. Assuming that I'm stereotyping is sheer ignorance.
Reply/Quote
Shit, I guess I'm weird.

I like the taste of Natural Ice. I like good quality beers too, but there is just something about Natural Ice that tastes good to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:10 PM)Harmening Wrote: Shit, I guess I'm weird.

I like the taste of Natural Ice. I like good quality beers too, but there is just something about Natural Ice that tastes good to me.

the 9.99 price tag on a 30 pack?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:10 PM)Harmening Wrote: Shit, I guess I'm weird.  

I like the taste of Natural Ice.  I like good quality beers too, but there is just something about Natural Ice that tastes good to me.

Nothing "weird' about it. As I said once you get past the stereotypes, each consumer can discover what they enjoy drinking the most. I am a huge fan of Natural Light; never was a fan of any of the "Ice" beers.

My opinion is the degree to which it can chill. Make it cold enough and I can enjoy about any beer; while many feel that cooling any beer below 40 degrees is "robbing" its flavor.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing "weird' about it. As I said once you get past the stereotypes, each consumer can discover what they enjoy drinking the most. I am a huge fan of Natural Light; never was a fan of any of the "Ice" beers.

My opinion is the degree to which it can chill. Make it cold enough and I can enjoy about any beer; while many feel that cooling any beer below 40 degrees is "robbing" its flavor.

Nearly frozen is the temp to drink those shitty lagers.

40 degrees is still too cold for most ales. Most styles call for a proper serving temperature of 50-60 degrees. It's pointless to drink a $10 beer at less than those temperatures and at that point you might as well just spend that much on a 30 pack of cheap American lager and drink that instead. Frosted mugs are a huge no-no as well.

Xenomorph, you can actually sack up and say something in a thread instead of constantly insulting me in people's rep messages, by the way. I see you do it almost daily. Grow up and say something to me if you have a problem. Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 12:52 PM)djs7685 Wrote: No, I can't imagine why people don't have the self control to drink something other than beer if they can no longer handle the effects of alcohol.

So, to you, wanting the flavor of beer without the alcohol shows a lack of self-control? There is something not working with your logic, here.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 03:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, to you, wanting the flavor of beer without the alcohol shows a lack of self-control? There is something not working with your logic, here.

The OP wrote: "as I get older it gets harder to get up and at 'em after a night of indulging."

So, his answer is to drink a shittier, watered down version of something already shitty and watered down.

My answer would be to drink juice or water instead after you sip 1 or 2 of your favorite beers. That way, you get to taste the flavor you enjoy while also not being hungover and whatnot.

Yes, if you HAVE to have the taste of beer for your entire evening after work and can't fathom replacing that flavor with anything else for even part of the night, you have zero self control. I will stand by that.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing "weird' about it. As I said once you get past the stereotypes, each consumer can discover what they enjoy drinking the most. I am a huge fan of Natural Light; never was a fan of any of the "Ice" beers.

Ice cold bud light. Dog me if you want, but its damn good. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:29 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Nearly frozen is the temp to drink those shitty lagers.

40 degrees is still too cold for most ales. Most styles call for a proper serving temperature of 50-60 degrees. It's pointless to drink a $10 beer at less than those temperatures and at that point you might as well just spend that much on a 30 pack of cheap American lager and drink that instead. Frosted mugs are a huge no-no as well.

Xenomorph, you can actually sack up and say something in a thread instead of constantly insulting me in people's rep messages, by the way. I see you do it almost daily. Grow up and say something to me if you have a problem. Thanks!

i leave messages in peoples reps cause there is a message box to do so... Ive called you out in threads as well. but i dont try and stop you i just let you go. Because then a thread would turn into an endless back and forth like most others. you just ignore what anyone says about you and turn it around and pick a small detail to harp on.

But its good you care enough about what i say to read other peoples rep. It was lighthearted half ass attempt at some humor So lighten up its a message board
Reply/Quote
I haven't tried many non-alcoholic beers. For me the taste of beer is very situational. Sometimes I'm having a beer and just think "why would I ever drink this outside of wanting to get wasted?" Then there are other times where you come home from work and just want that ice cold brew and nothing else.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying a non-alcoholic beer, there are definitely some beers where I straight up like the taste. And that actually goes for economy beers and whatever the name for non-economy beers is. I haven't had one since college (5+ years), but I remember actually enjoying the taste of Rolling Rock. And there are a few Long Trail (Vermont Brewery) that really warm you up in the winter here in New England.

I'll take some of these recommendations in the thread and see if I can't get my hands on 'em. Never did get the beer snobs anywho, live and let live I guess.
Reply/Quote
Guess I'm that weird guy who likes a couple room temp rolling rocks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
....worked in a Liquor Store all through college....I've about tried them all.  From the old school Falls City to Hofbrau Dunkel to Spaten Optimator...Murphy's Stout...Arrogant Bastard....Newcastle....local microbrews...and so on and so forth.  For my money...nothing beats a cold Yeungling Lager.  Nice flavor, no headache or messed up stomach....a damn fine beer in my book.  As SCS said...water is key....and if I'm overdoing it on a weekend (rare)...I slug a 32 oz Powerade Zero before I lay down...and one as soon as I wake up.

I make Yeungling runs to Ohio....and if I'm travelling in a state that has it , I stock up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote