Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nonexistent Rushing
(09-20-2020, 12:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote:  Taylor abandoned it early (as he did most of 2019).  I don't think the blocking is worse, I think the play calling prevents the offense from getting into a rhythm.

Over the last 8 games of last season only two teams in the league ran the ball more than the Bengals. 

What makes that stat incredible is that we were trailing most of the time in most of those games.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Seriously, what happened to the running game from the end of last year?

This times 100.

Going into this season I had a lot of concerns about almost every phase of our offense and defense OTHER THAN the ability to run the ball.  After seeing the success we had over the last half of last season I thought for sure we would be able to run the ball.

Very disappointing.  And I have no idea why.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This times 100.

Going into this season I had a lot of concerns about almost every phase of our offense and defense OTHER THAN the ability to run the ball.  After seeing the success we had over the last half of last season I thought for sure we would be able to run the ball.

Very disappointing.  And I have no idea why.

I had no idea we'd come out being this awful running it and this bad vs. the run. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m no Oline blocking scheme guru, so I don’t know what they are doing this year versus what they did early last year and then late last year. I’ve read, last year they switched from a zone blocking to pin and pull blocking. If that’s true, what are they doing so far this year? Back to zone blocking? Still doing pin and pull but not executing?
Reply/Quote
...and it’s getting worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote