Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina
Lo' and behold, there has been election fraud going on. But not what has been claimed by some folks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/05/shoe-leather-reporting-boosting-north-carolinas-explosive-election-fraud-investigation/?utm_term=.4934a0090276

Do we think there will be much talk from Washington about this? Hmm
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-05-2018, 10:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Lo' and behold, there has been election fraud going on. But not what has been claimed by some folks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/05/shoe-leather-reporting-boosting-north-carolinas-explosive-election-fraud-investigation/?utm_term=.4934a0090276

Do we think there will be much talk from Washington about this?  Hmm

I've been following this one.  

It almost seems too stupid to be true...but here we are.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-05-2018, 10:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Lo' and behold, there has been election fraud going on. But not what has been claimed by some folks.

So were they collecting absentee ballots pretending that was a service and then altering or throwing them away?  I'm easily confused.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-05-2018, 02:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So were they collecting absentee ballots pretending that was a service and then altering or throwing them away?  I'm easily confused.  

That is what I have been given to understand.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
As usual, Republicans lie and claim Dems do (voter fraud) what they are busy doing and getting caught for.

Much like paying women to claim sexual assault, Republicans like to claim it's Dems committing voter fraud, when they are the ones that keep getting caught doing it.

But voters seem to not care as long as it's not Dems.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(12-05-2018, 03:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: As usual, Republicans lie and claim Dems do (voter fraud) what they are busy doing and getting caught for.

Much like paying women to claim sexual assault, Republicans like to claim it's Dems committing voter fraud, when they are the ones that keep getting caught doing it.

But voters seem to not care as long as it's not Dems.

I'm telling ya, he could walk down 5th Ave in Times Square, pull out a gun and shoot someone, and his followers would not care in the least. 

and that scares me more and more every day.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Easily prevented by voter IDs! Wink
(12-05-2018, 04:05 PM)Dill Wrote: Easily prevented by voter IDs! Wink

Which is exactly what the GOP there is voting on this week...

Because they don't understand irony. Smirk
(12-05-2018, 04:05 PM)Dill Wrote: Easily prevented by voter IDs! Wink

Word
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-05-2018, 04:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Which is exactly what the GOP there is voting on this week...

Because they don't understand irony. Smirk

Well, irony deficiency is accurate. But they are just concerned about disenfranchising certain populations, much like these efforts that are being uncovered have been doing. The voter ID law is just a legal way to do what their campaigns have been doing.

(12-05-2018, 05:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, irony deficiency is accurate. But they are just concerned about disenfranchising certain populations, much like these efforts that are being uncovered have been doing. The voter ID law is just a legal way to do what their campaigns have been doing.

Indeed.

I had typed more...but I don't want to suggest who they are attempting to disenfranchise for fear of upsetting the Republicans among us.
(12-05-2018, 06:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Indeed.

I had typed more...but I don't want to suggest who they are attempting to disenfranchise for fear of upsetting the Republicans among us.

Equity is a difficult concept for some.

Of all the points we debate on this forum: ID should not be required to vote is one of the more ludicrous.

(12-06-2018, 03:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of all the points we debate on this forum: ID should not be required to vote is one of the more ludicrous.

Fallaciously reducing an argument to such an oversimplified position is even more ludicrous.

(12-06-2018, 03:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of all the points we debate on this forum: ID should not be required to vote is one of the more ludicrous.

The fraud occurs at registration  . it is practically impossible to know a registered voter is not going to vote and have some one else vote for them.

Voter ID laws don't stop fraud but they disenfranchise the poor. Republicans have eben got caught admitting this.
(12-06-2018, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The fraud occurs at registration  . it is practically impossible to know a registered voter is not going to vote and have some one else vote for them.

Voter ID laws don't stop fraud but they disenfranchise the poor. Republicans have eben got caught admitting this.

You're thinking critically about the issue. That isn't allowed.

(12-06-2018, 03:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Fallaciously reducing an argument to such an oversimplified position is even more ludicrous.

It's only complicated if we make it so. Showing an ID is not a difficult process and I am 100% sure there are programs that would help those that have difficulty acquiring such an ID card. To not have to prove you are a citizen to vote in ludicrous and it's not complicated.

(12-06-2018, 04:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're thinking critically about the issue. That isn't allowed.

But snarky comments are more than welcomed.

(12-06-2018, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The fraud occurs at registration  . it is practically impossible to know a registered voter is not going to vote and have some one else vote for them.

Once again; I do not see how requiring ID disenfranchises the poor. Do we disenfranchise them from buying a drink?

(12-06-2018, 04:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's only complicated if we make it so. Showing an ID is not a difficult process and I am 100% sure there are programs that would help those that have difficulty acquiring such an ID card. To not have to prove you are a citizen to vote in ludicrous and it's not complicated.

You already have to prove you are a citizen to vote. What do you think you do when you register?

It is a complicated issue. It's only simple if you refuse to acknowledge the policy and bureaucratic hurdles to the situation as well ignoring the history and the explicit statements from GOP officials stating that they are passing the laws to prevent people from voting to gain a political advantage. Or you could just be incapable of looking past the surface level of the issue.