Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NPR Tweeted Declaration Of Independence, And Trump Supporters Flipped Out
https://www.yahoo.com/news/npr-tweeted-declaration-independence-trump-065239684.html

Quote:National Public Radio tweeted out the Declaration of Independence on Tuesday to mark the July Fourth holiday, but not everyone understood what it was doing. 

Some supporters of President Donald Trump didn’t recognize one of the nation’s founding documents and accused the broadcaster of inciting violence and even revolution. 

Many of those comments have since been deleted and at least one user deleted an entire Twitter account

But the tweets live on, some still posted online while others have been preserved in screen captures.

Here are some of those tweets and the reactions to them: 

Quote:18h
[Image: s2zwEoao_normal.jpg]NPR 

@NPR
They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity.

Quote:[/url]

Follow
[Image: yWnbh57c_normal.jpg]LadyJJ @Deplorable_JJ
@NPR Are you drunk? Your silly tweets make your state of mind questionable.
8:42 PM - 4 Jul 2017

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Quote:18h
[Image: s2zwEoao_normal.jpg]NPR 

@NPR
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.

Quote:

Follow
[Image: 7O07zz6x_normal.jpg]Terry @xebec78
@NPR Horsechit
3:10 PM - 4 Jul 2017

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Quote:12h
[Image: TRI3nYVo_normal.jpg]Parker Molloy 

@ParkerMolloy
This woman thought someone hacked the NPR account. She eventually figured it out, though. pic.twitter.com/JjJ990rB4g

Quote:

Follow
[Image: TRI3nYVo_normal.jpg]Parker Molloy 

@ParkerMolloy
[Image: 1f926-200d-2640-fe0f.png][Image: 1f926-200d-2642-fe0f.png][Image: 1f926-200d-2640-fe0f.png] pic.twitter.com/hO7cIfRUZg
9:13 PM - 4 Jul 2017 · Chicago, IL
[Image: DD7whWjWAAAB-eU.jpg:small][Image: DD7whWhXYAI9OeC.jpg:small][Image: DD7whWiXcAAfTeo.jpg:small][Image: DD7whWfXsAExnUv.jpg:small]

•  

•  560560 Retweets

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=882407038755713027] 1,2831,283 likes

There are many more tweets at the link.

[Image: 917876]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I can't tell. Did they know it was the Declaration and NPR was hinting at something, or did they not even know it was the Declaration?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-05-2017, 01:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't tell.  Did they know it was the Declaration and NPR was hinting at something, or did they not even know it was the Declaration?

For the vast majority it seemed they got triggered and assumed because there were words like "tyrant" and "prince" and calls for revolution that it was an attack on the POTUS.

Makes me wonder why they associated those words with Trump.  Mellow

All seriousness aside it's not the first time Trump supporters (I assume many are bots/paid) jumped on a tweet because they didn't understand it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-05-2017, 01:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't tell. Did they know it was the Declaration and NPR was hinting at something, or did they not even know it was the Declaration?

There was likely a good mixture of both.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-05-2017, 01:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There was likely a good mixture of both.

You'd think the King of Great Britain part would have been a clue.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-05-2017, 03:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You'd think the King of Great Britain part would have been a clue.

You would think.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Dam commies and their damned manifestos!!!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(07-05-2017, 03:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You'd think the King of Great Britain part would have been a clue.

I don't think they were reading the series from the beginning to end. I think they were jumping in the middle and reading them as soundbites. 

Since they were already looking for "liberal bias" they just projected it on the tweets. For them it was perfectly possible that the neutral taxpayer funded public radio would be attacking Trump. 

Of course, if you have never really read the Declaration and believe you are surrounded by elite liberal media unfairly attacking Trump, then you may not stop to wonder why some journalist would call the president a "prince." The attack on King George just slides easily into the fake news narrative.