Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea and South Korea have opened fire with each other
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/20/asia/koreas-tensions/

whelp this is apparently happening.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
If North Korea had one sandwich for every gun in their military, they wouldn't have to play tough-guy on the world stage in exchange for aid.

Communism is a failure...shocking news.
(08-20-2015, 06:06 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: If North Korea had one sandwich for every gun in their military, they wouldn't have to play tough-guy on the world stage in exchange for aid.  

Communism is a failure...shocking news.

They did. Kim Jong-Un ate 'em all up.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Hopefully this will bring war with North Korea, and they can be crushed once and for all before they develop ballistic nukes.

They have made it clear that they will not negotiate like Iran has, and imo they are the #1 enemy of humanity. The only solution is war, and if it doesnt happen, it will be too late a few years from now. Even if we can wipe them out 100 times over with our own nukes, whats the point when millions of our people are already dead? So yes, imo it would be worth sacrificing tens of thousands of lives to prevent them from having the capabilities of killing millions of people.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Well Brownshoe, I haven't noticed you posting much down here in PnR. If you have, I apologize. Either way just wanted to welcome ya. Hopefully you continue.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(08-20-2015, 09:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Hopefully this will bring war with North Korea, and they can be crushed once and for all before they develop ballistic nukes.

They have made it clear that they will not negotiate like Iran has, and imo they are the #1 enemy of humanity. The only solution is war, and if it doesnt happen, it will be too late a few years from now. Even if we can wipe them out 100 times over with our own nukes, whats the point when millions of our people are already dead? So yes, imo it would be worth sacrificing tens of thousands of lives to prevent them from having the capabilities of killing millions of people.

I've read a lot of books on North Korea and I really don't think they would risk actually going to war.  The leadership there knows they'd lose no matter what.  However that being said, I think that it's possible that they could miscalculate where that line actually is.  I'm mixed on this I never like the idea of war,  but you may be right because that regime will not cease to exist from any kind of internal revolution. They're too far repressed IMO. 
(08-20-2015, 09:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Hopefully this will bring war with North Korea, and they can be crushed once and for all before they develop ballistic nukes.

I think there is dissention already setting in. I read a lot about North Korea and it will only be a matter of time until this régime falls apart. 

You can go to http://www.dailynk.com. This is just one of many sources. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

(08-21-2015, 01:30 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I've read a lot of books on North Korea and I really don't think they would risk actually going to war.  The leadership there knows they'd lose no matter what.  However that being said, I think that it's possible that they could miscalculate where that line actually is.  I'm mixed on this I never like the idea of war,  but you may be right because that regime will not cease to exist from any kind of internal revolution. They're too far repressed IMO. 

You need to get laid.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-21-2015, 09:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You need to get laid.

Yeah, I concur. And this is coming from a man currently in the middle of a book on the Wars of the Roses. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-21-2015, 09:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You need to get laid.

Yeah, I know I'm a nerd, but it's part of my charm.

Thankfully I work in a target rich environment.  Dancing
(08-21-2015, 09:21 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I concur. And this is coming from a man currently in the middle of a book on the Wars of the Roses. LOL

And I consider you even more full of useless knowledge. LOL

Edit: I started that book a long time ago and couldn't get through it. LOL
Ho Hum here we go again.

I'm getting worried though, Jun appears to be getting more desperate.
Previous Chinese Presidents have never met with the SK leader. The latest President has already been to SK and it was also recently announced that they invited the SK leaders to visit China for more talks, while at the same time, Jun has been denied a visit to China.

I'm thinking that he's feeling his power slipping and just might cross over that fine line that they've both been dancing around.
China doesn't want this, last thing they want is more US Navy there .... The Aussies willl appreciate the increased forces though.
(08-23-2015, 01:48 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: China doesn't want this, last thing they want is more US Navy there ....   The Aussies willl appreciate the increased forces though.

Actually I agree China does not want this.  I also think North Korea is on their own if hostilities broke out.
North Korea is all bark and no bite. They do not want a war or conflict and know they would not do well.
Yes they have a million man army but that is useless with no logistical support and equipment so old and so far behind in technology.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(08-23-2015, 12:08 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: North Korea is all bark and no bite. They do not want a war or conflict and know they would not do well.
Yes they have a million man army but that is useless with no logistical support and equipment so old and so far behind in technology.

I wouldn't say that.

If a fight does break out, they have enough missiles to just about level a big chunk of Seoul in a matter of hours before anyone could prepare much of a counter defense. Of course they'd never win a long term war, but they are completely capable of doing some serious damage before being taken out. Jun also knows this, so his only goal at that point would be to hit as many as he possibly targets as he could before being taken out himself. They also supposedly have the missile range to hit Alaska.
You can read about what the other side thinks here.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

(08-24-2015, 01:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wouldn't say that.

If a fight does break out, they have enough missiles to just about level a big chunk of Seoul in a matter of hours before anyone could prepare much of a counter defense. Of course they'd never win a long term war, but they are completely capable of doing some serious damage before being taken out. Jun also knows this, so his only goal at that point would be to hit as many as he possibly targets as he could before being taken out himself. They also supposedly have the missile range to hit Alaska.

True if they struck first because Seoul is only about 70 miles down the road from just the DMZ. But our air defense system in place it wouldn't be as bad as one might think.It wouldn't last long. Just in a matter of hours we would take out almost all of their communication, in about 3 days most of their infrastructure, all without even stepping foot in The North yet.
(08-24-2015, 09:43 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: True if they struck first because Seoul is only about 70 miles down the road from just the DMZ. But our air defense system in place it wouldn't be as bad as one might think.It wouldn't last long. Just in a matter of hours we would take out almost all of their communication, in about 3 days most of their infrastructure,  all without even stepping foot in The North yet.

Are you still in Korea or am I remembering that wrong?

My buddy in the army just recently went over there so he's missing our draft.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-24-2015, 09:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are you still in Korea or am I remembering that wrong?

My buddy in the army just recently went over there so he's missing our draft.

I'm back state side now. Cool do you know where he's at over there? ThumbsUp