Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea threatens war with the US
Ok I don't think it would really happen, not today anyway.  However they do like to pump up the rhetoric on the anniversary of the Armistice ending the Korean war.  So what do you think?  If we really did go back to war with them?

There's little doubt we wipe them from existence.  My only concern is Russia and China.

Pretty sure the Russians stay out of it this time, and I don't think China really wants to mess with it either.  What do you think?

http://news.yahoo.com/warning-us-north-korea-marks-end-korean-war-070729604.html#
awww, that's cute. Are they able to launch a missile more than a few miles, yet?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-27-2015, 11:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: awww, that's cute. Are they able to launch a missile more than a few miles, yet?

They seem to think so:

In a speech to veterans on Saturday, Kim Jong Un stressed the importance of instilling the country's young people with the same fighting spirit and devotion as the generation that experienced the war. But he also stressed that North Korea has a new ace in the hole — a nuclear arsenal of its own.

Sorry, even I had a hard time copying and pasting that with a strait face. LOL
Oh this will be iran in 10 years after obama releases all the sanctions.

North Korea won't launch anything becauae there is no way China wants us walking troops that close to their border.

Russia is focused on eastern europe. They are counting on the muslims pushing towards italy to force us to move troops away from their former soviet states to help with the southern muslim refugees .
How often do they threaten to bomb us?
NK's only threat to us is being able to target allies of ours. The only way they get a nuke here is FedEx, but they can target Japan, SK, and other allies. But declaring war on us and nuking their neighbors probably isn't going to garner support from Russia or China.
(07-27-2015, 11:39 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: They seem to think so:

In a speech to veterans on Saturday, Kim Jong Un stressed the importance of instilling the country's young people with the same fighting spirit and devotion as the generation that experienced the war. But he also stressed that North Korea has a new ace in the hole — a nuclear arsenal of its own.

Sorry, even I had a hard time copying and pasting that with a strait face. LOL

Wouldn't our satellites see any nukes that they launch and we'd shoot them down before they even got close to us?

That is cute, though, but it would be fun to see us blow them off the map.  It would be a good statement to make:  "mess with us and we'll bomb/nuke you so hard that not even bacteria will be able to survive in your country for a good 20 years."  

ThumbsUp

United States needs to stop being soft and make a statement  Rock On
(07-27-2015, 11:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh this will be iran in 10 years after obama releases all the sanctions.  

North Korea won't launch anything becauae there is no way China wants us walking troops that close to their border.  

Russia is focused on eastern europe.    They are counting on the muslims pushing towards italy to force us to move troops away from their former soviet states to help with the southern muslim refugees .

North Korea won't launch anything because they're incapable of doing so.

They're a small fat kid who smells weird that tries to tell the quarterback of the football team that they would kick his ass using moves their dad (who is a black belt, or so he says) taught them.

They're that kid who lived in your neighborhood who said their parents owned a jet and he could go to Japan to get the newest pokemon card, including the pokemon you just made up and he thinks is a real pokemon. ( a real kid I grew up near)

They're the kid who lives in a section 8 apartment and tells you that his parents are lawyers who make 6 figures (a real student who talked down to my coworker because he is "just a teacher")

North Korea parades around fake missiles

http://news.yahoo.com/analysts-north-koreas-missiles-fakes-061325872.html

and poorly photoshops

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/20/north-korea-submarine-missile-launch-photos-may-be-fake-say-experts

(07-27-2015, 11:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: awww, that's cute. Are they able to launch a missile more than a few miles, yet?

Ikr  son of a ***** is killing everything in the ocean.  Rolleyes
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
(07-28-2015, 12:03 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: North Korea won't launch anything because they're incapable of doing so.

They're a small fat kid who smells weird that tries to tell the quarterback of the football team that they would kick his ass using moves their dad (who is a black belt, or so he says) taught them.

They're that kid who lived in your neighborhood who said their parents owned a jet and he could go to Japan to get the newest pokemon card, including the pokemon you just made up and he thinks is a real pokemon. ( a real kid I grew up near)

They're the kid who lives in a section 8 apartment and tells you that his parents are lawyers who make 6 figures (a real student who talked down to my coworker because he is "just a teacher")

They're the kid you play with who keeps adding new powers to his character whenever he gets beat. 
(07-27-2015, 11:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How often do they threaten to bomb us?

About every other week.
(07-28-2015, 12:58 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They're the kid you play with who keeps adding new powers to his character whenever he gets beat. 

[Image: south-park-s08e01c02-ninja-alter-egos-16x9.jpg?]

(07-27-2015, 11:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Wouldn't our satellites see any nukes that they launch and we'd shoot them down before they even got close to us?

That is cute, though, but it would be fun to see us blow them off the map.  It would be a good statement to make:  "mess with us and we'll bomb/nuke you so hard that not even bacteria will be able to survive in your country for a good 20 years."  

ThumbsUp

United States needs to stop being soft and make a statement  Rock On

Personally I don't see anything "fun" about killing millions of innocent people who are no real threat to us.

And I don't think it is in our best interest to have to spend enough money on our military to defeat every other country on earth because we choose to act like bloodthirsty megalomaniacs. 
I'm not sure how much legitimacy any of this has but I do find it interesting Americans can be so fearful of individuals and yet so dismissive of antagonistic countries.
(07-28-2015, 12:03 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: North Korea won't launch anything because they're incapable of doing so.

[Image: 150205194953-nk-quotes-v2-super-169.jpg]
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
(07-28-2015, 11:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: south-park-s08e01c02-ninja-alter-egos-16x9.jpg?]

Exactly.
Cartman is the embodiment of "that" friend 
(07-27-2015, 11:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How often do they threaten to bomb us?

Daily?
I didn't realize that they ever "undeclared" war against us. There was a a ceasefire and armistice to cease hostilities in 1953. But there has never been a peace treaty.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]