Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Being in the Playoffs Stinks!
I have never met a really cool hot girl. They are either really hot, or just cool. The combination would be a heart breaker.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 01:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Unless this team had played in the second round of the playoffs (either due to winning their first playoff game or having a first-round bye), it doesn't stink. Honestly, I was tired of seeing the Bengals draft in the 21-25 range. I'm excited to (hopefully) see them get an elite talent in the first round.

It will be nice getting an early pick in this draft.

But would not hurt my feelings if we got the 32nd draft pick either. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm actually loving it! No more pressure and letdown from the first week. This is the first playoffs I've been able to genuinely enjoy in years.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 01:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Unless this team had played in the second round of the playoffs (either due to winning their first playoff game or having a first-round bye), it doesn't stink. Honestly, I was tired of seeing the Bengals draft in the 21-25 range. I'm excited to (hopefully) see them get an elite talent in the first round.

Under our current GM/Owner we've picked in the top ten in the draft 14X. We've picked in the top five 8X, and we've had the number 1 pick 3X in his 25 year reign. The theory that a high draft pick is gonna turn things around is a pipe dream with this team !

Until the focus of this owner changes to winning, and he starts making moves towards that end we could have the top 5 picks in the draft and it won't mean a thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 07:03 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Its like dating. In years past it was like dating a really cool/hot girl, thinking everything is going good, then out of nowhere, BAM, you get the John Deer text. This year it was like dating that girl that seems pretty cool, but something wasnt right whether it was a weird laugh or no sense of humor. At some point you know the end of the relationship will end and when it does it wont hurt as bad.

Or dating a really hot girl who won't come right out and tell  you the fact that she has syphilis, crabs and aids, but it's getting better and she's only just a little pregnant, but it's getting better.  So she tells you she's committed to only having sex with a condom, but has developed a ocd condition about poking needles into things..  She tells you all this just as you get your pants off.  
Meanwhile back at the postatorium....what was the question? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 07:03 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Its like dating. In years past it was like dating a really cool/hot girl, thinking everything is going good, then out of nowhere, BAM, you get the John Deer text. This year it was like dating that girl that seems pretty cool, but something wasnt right whether it was a weird laugh or no sense of humor. At some point you know the end of the relationship will end and when it does it wont hurt as bad.

A John Deere text?  Did that take place in a Farmersonly.com commercial?   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 07:03 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Its like dating. In years past it was like dating a really cool/hot girl, thinking everything is going good, then out of nowhere, BAM, you get the John Deer text.

WTF is a John Deer text? Did she tell you she thought your tractor was sexy and really turned her on?

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 09:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Under our current GM/Owner we've picked in the top ten in the draft 14X. We've picked in the top five 8X, and we've had the number 1 pick 3X in his 25 year reign. The theory that a high draft pick is gonna turn things around is a pipe dream with this team !

Until the focus of this owner changes to winning, and he starts making moves towards that end we could have the top 5 picks in the draft and it won't mean a thing.

The team we have now is much better than the other teams that had high draft picks. We don't need someone to come in and be the face of our franchise from pick 9, just someone who can play ball. Big difference. This team is several good/lucky decisions from being a SB contender, those other ones were several years of good/lucky decisions from being a contender 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 07:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I have never met a really cool hot girl. They are either really hot, or just cool.

Cool and hot? That would describe Mrs. Fan_in_Kettering..... Wub
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 01:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cool and hot? That would describe Mrs. Fan_in_Kettering..... Wub

Is that her real name? Mrs. Fan_ in_ Kettering  ..?
There must be a misspelling in there.. It's probably a - instead of a  _
You really need to watch those hyphens vs underscores. It makes all the difference. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 09:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Under our current GM/Owner we've picked in the top ten in the draft 14X. We've picked in the top five 8X, and we've had the number 1 pick 3X in his 25 year reign. The theory that a high draft pick is gonna turn things around is a pipe dream with this team !

Yes, I know that, but what I meant was "recent" drafting. The Bengals were slotted in the 21-24 range seven times since the 2006 draft (counting 2012 because Bengals traded down from 21 to 27 to get Zeitler and Pick 17 was the Raiders' pick via Palmer trade).

Constantly making the playoffs and losing in the first round gets old, just like constantly picking in the top 10 would get old. Just like seeing the same 3-4 teams from the AFC always in the Super Bowl gets old. Stagnation is boring, gimme some variety.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Does it really?

Is being embarrassed all season and being able to enjoy good playoff football really worse than playing mediocre, squeezing into a wildcard spot and then being annihilated by whatever team we face. Funny thing is most times the team that takes our manhood isn't even a better team and they proceed to get destroyed the very next week. Lol

We could lose to Ohio State in the playoffs

That's how bad this team is and will forever be
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 08:45 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: I'm actually loving it! No more pressure and letdown from the first week. This is the first playoffs I've been able to genuinely enjoy in years.

Sad but it's the truth. This has been a good playoffs. Usually when Bengals lose I stop watching. Very slowly iv realized that I haven't seen what amazing playoff football looks like in the last 10 years because I'm such a sore loser.

Not anymore. I'm not letting this shitty team kill my fun.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, I know that, but what I meant was "recent" drafting. The Bengals were slotted in the 21-24 range seven times since the 2006 draft (counting 2012 because Bengals traded down from 21 to 27 to get Zeitler and Pick 17 was the Raiders' pick via Palmer trade).

Constantly making the playoffs and losing in the first round gets old, just like constantly picking in the top 10 would get old. Just like seeing the same 3-4 teams from the AFC always in the Super Bowl gets old. Stagnation is boring, gimme some variety.

NFL ratings show this as well. NFL ratings have been dropping for years because of thing just like Pitt VS NE in the AFC game. Those 2 teams draw a lot of bandwagon love but people are sick and tired of seeing them
Reply/Quote