Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Drafting a Center
(04-07-2017, 04:21 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: When your interior O-line makes UDFA scrubs look like Geno Atkins, does it really matter how good your tackles are?  Center in rd 2 or 3 would pay dividends for years to come.  

How a proper pocket should look:
[Image: 2010%20NFL%20Divisional%20Playoffs%20Pac...Pocket.JPG]

What happens to the OL if you only put value on OTs and nothing else:
[Image: af5c2f3a0057469ca33c98e703b02a0c.jpg?itok=qCQ-1GL2]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 02:06 AM)Jpoore Wrote: They wont fall to the 4th theyll go in the second, but a guy like john toth or tyler orlosky would be a great improvement over bodine as well in the 4th.
Thats what they said about billings last year
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 12:34 PM)B3ng4Ls420 Wrote: Thats what they said about billings last year

2 different positions. Billings fell due to lack of height ala geno and thought of as a 2 down run stuffer. Center elflien will definitely go in 2. If pocic falls its due to his height. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 05:55 PM)Jpoore Wrote: 2 different positions. Billings fell due to lack of height ala geno and thought of as a 2 down run stuffer. Center elflien will definitely go in 2. If pocic falls its due to his height. 

Aaron Donald didnt fall because of height
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 10:00 PM)B3ng4Ls420 Wrote: Aaron Donald didnt fall because of height

No but he was regarded as a 3 down lineman. He also wasnt 310 pounds. Billings wasnt. I personally think billings will be a 7 sack per year guy but a lot of executives thought he would have to come off the field on 3rd down for better pass rushers and thats why he fell.quote from article on why billings fell.
During the draft, Mike Mayock dismissed the knee rumors and stated that multiple teams told him that they felt Billings was a run stopping tackle only. This is fairly plausible. Billings has some great speed and quickness, but he’s very raw as a pass rusher. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 09:03 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I think it will be a mistake to not draft a Center this year but that is exactly what I see happening. I know Bodine is in the last year of his contract but he is the type of guy we will re-sign because he hasn't lit the world on fire so he won't be that expensive and they will point to his experience (though he played terrible) and the fact he should be going into his prime...  Hilarious .....I would be all for grabbing a Pat Elflein or Ethan Pocic in Round 3 and see it mocked all the time around here. It's just one of those things that I don't see happening. Said the same thing last year. They are obsessed with Bodine for some strange reason and they re-signed TJ Johnson to a two year deal so they have him as a backup plan. They also mentioned last year the thought that Christian Westerman could play Center but haven't heard much about that lately.

Sick
Reply/Quote
A year later but we finally end up drafting a Center. I am very happy to be wrong that they didn't end up re-signing Bodine (even though they talked about it a lot). Missing out on Elflein in the 3rd which I mentioned in my original post is still a little sad but at the same time I am really glad we have Billy Price on this team and so thankful to have an upgrade over Bodine.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 03:34 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: A year later but we finally end up drafting a Center. I am very happy to be wrong that they didn't end up re-signing Bodine (even though they talked about it a lot). Missing out on Elflein in the 3rd which I mentioned in my original post is still a little sad but at the same time I am really glad we have Billy Price on this team and so thankful 
Price will be the best center this team has ever seen and maybe the best interior lineman .Love his attitude and work ethic
Reply/Quote