Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Not Having a Practice Facility is an Absolute Embarrassment
PBS has one of the best weight training and rehab facilities in the NFL...balance that with a few trips to UC to practice in a bubble I'll take it. I bet the Browns donated to that bubble too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 09:24 PM)Synric Wrote: PBS has one of the best weight training and rehab facilities in the NFL...balance that with a few trips to UC to practice in a bubble I'll take it. I bet the Browns donated to that bubble too.

Yeah, always been impressed with the weight rooms and training facilities from the vids.

The ole Steeler Harrison sure didn't think this was cheap from what I saw.

But it would go a long way in making people shut up about MB's cheapness if he built a practice facility for the team on his own.

I will take the UC practice bubble myself for now but I also understand Wes's and other's frustrations.

If you have the money, make investments for you and your families future, it is just good business.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 12:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) They have used UC's facility less than 25 times total in 10 years. They only use it when they absolutely have to, and that's when it's even available. That leaves a lot of cold, a lot of hot, a lot snowy, a lot of rainy, and a lot of windy days where we outside where others properly run teams are indoors.

2.) The small indoor one is 20 yards with low ceilings. No intermediate to long passes. No punting. No kicking. No deep route work. No 11 on 11 drills. etc. etc. etc.

3.) The weight room has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

4.) Then I suppose you know more than the other NFL teams, every major college program, and dozens of high schools. They all build these things for no reason whatsoever. I guess they all just love wasting millions of dollars.

5.) See #4. If it were a minor thing you wouldn't see the investments made across the board from all of these teams and programs.
Well you mentioned other players look down without one.. I countered with how our top notch facilities in other areas would help with players coming.. and UC is a place they do use.. so that also weakens your point of no place to go.. just really not a big issue and a waste of money as i see it.. especially with a small market.. Finally is getting less and less of an issue anyway with Global Warming
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 09:24 PM)Synric Wrote: I bet the Browns donated to that bubble too.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 09:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Finally is getting less and less of an issue anyway with Global Warming

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I agree that it is an embarrassment and needs to be fixed.

However, I don't think not having one makes a huge impact on our player performance or record. There are plenty of teams with indoor practice facilities that have been far less successful than we have been (that sounds weird to say lol)

Who knows, maybe that indoor practice field was all we needed to have to win those 5 playoff games..
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 07:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As of the date of this article, 10 teams were without practice facilities....

That officially leaves the Bengals as the only team in the league without a practice facility.

And is the team in last place. 

Not saying this is the medicine the Bengals need to get right, but it is another symptom of the Bengals doing things their way, while everyone else pushes forward. Seems like a not such a high cost to help your team win. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 06:12 PM)Destro Wrote: Considering we are the worst team in the league, again and have not won a playoff game in modern history, I don't put a lot of stock in the Bengals doing anything the right way. Anyone know all the teams that have facilities? Do they tend to play better than the Bengals?

I remember posting an article, it was when Jim O. first started posting here. I don't remember 2016 ? And this issue was a big thread. Anyways the article was a couple years old at the time like 2003 to 2013 or something like that ? Like 8 or 9 of the Super Bowl winners during that time frame had an indoor field. I remember Jim commenting on it saying that surprised him a little or something like that ?
Reply/Quote
You build one because there's no reason not to. If every other team has one, that's a pretty good indicator you should have one as well. You're not smarter than everyone else.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
everyone send a tweet to eric Winston who is the head of the nflpa now. As a former Bengal he knows the issues and if enough people tweet him he might pick up the cause.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Put a roof on PBS. There you got a practice facility and could host a super bowl
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 02:41 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Put a roof on PBS.  There you got a practice facility and could host a super bowl

Oh, I'm sure Mike Brown could find a reason why the Bengals can't practice at PBS anymore after putting a roof on.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 07:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: I can think of a lot worse things than practicing in Cincinnati football in freezing weather in Cincinnati..like hitch hiking on 1-75 on a freezing night in Cincinnati. I came within about a half hour of freezing to death out there back in the late 70s.. Fun times. Nervous

Mike Brown is relying on Global Warming to make it unnecessary to build an indoor practice facility.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 03:05 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Mike Brown is relying on Global Warming to make it unnecessary to build an indoor practice facility.

Sounds like a shitty Batman villain. 
Reply/Quote