Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not My President
I'm taking it back! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(02-14-2017, 06:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

I almost posted this with my last response, but since you shared that story:

I told my wife an old, off color joke that involved a racial term.  It was told in the context of how you can't tell that kind of joke anymore.

She feigned offense at the term so I substituted three or four others for the same group while she sat there staring at me.

At the same time our son walked through...he had zero idea what any of them meant!   Smirk

It's kind of shocking sometimes what used to get by..  I mean look at MASH.  They had a guy called Spear Chucker Jones.  Planet of the Apes may be the most racist movie in history if you look at the hierarchy of the apes.  Now some people say you couldn't get away with All in the Family, but I think you could because the racist was purposely presented as an   ignorant fool by Norman Lear. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-14-2017, 06:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It's kind of shocking sometimes what used to get by..  I mean look at MASH.  They had a guy called Spear Chucker Jones.  Planet of the Apes may be the most racist movie in history if you look at the hierarchy of the apes.  Now some people say you couldn't get away with All in the Family, but I think you could because the racist was purposely presented as an   ignorant fool by Norman Lear. 

I probably still have all the "Truly Tasteless" joke books I bought when I was in high school.

And truthfully those kinds of jokes don't offend me even if *I* am the target.  But I'm wise enough to not use them where my intent/history might not be understood.

But my kids don't get it at all.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-14-2017, 08:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: I probably still have all the "Truly Tasteless" joke books I bought when I was in high school.

And truthfully those kinds of jokes don't offend me even if *I* am the target.  But I'm wise enough to not use them where my intent/history might not be understood.

But my kids don't get it at all.

Damn I remember those.  It was OK to laugh though because somewhere in the book were jokes about you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

These should be fun:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-updates-presidents-day-protests-in-nyc-d-c-and-l-a-125936745.html

Americans in cities around the country are expected to protest on Monday, Presidents’ Day, against the current one, President Trump, and some of his controversial policies. Yahoo News has dispatched reporters to cover the major demonstrations planned in New York City, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and elsewhere.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-20-2017, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: These should be fun:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-updates-presidents-day-protests-in-nyc-d-c-and-l-a-125936745.html

Americans in cities around the country are expected to protest on Monday, Presidents’ Day, against the current one, President Trump, and some of his controversial policies. Yahoo News has dispatched reporters to cover the major demonstrations planned in New York City, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and elsewhere.

They sure do like free speech and the right to peaceably assemble.  Mellow
(02-20-2017, 11:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: They sure do like free speech and the right to peaceably assemble.  Mellow

Folks at Berkly would disagree, but I'm all for it. It will be fun to watch. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-20-2017, 11:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks at Berkly would disagree, but I'm all for it. It will be fun to watch. 

One of those things that we agree on.  Let 'em speak.

All of them.