Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Not) Saved by the Bell
He seems to be around the ball a lot, to me at least. I think he's looked better in the last 2 games.

As with most things on the defensive side this year, Bell's misuse in certain coverage situations falls at the feet of Anarumo and his consistently laughable scheme. As has been said, Bell has never been a great coverage safety. He's a run game guy that was specifically brought in to help the defense contain player like Lamar Jackson when they take off. He's not a guy that you want covering fast WRs.

Lou's body of work seems to show a very poor acumen for fitting players to roles they belong in. I don't even know what his defensive philosophy is when it comes down to it. I just know that it sucks and I want him gone.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 12:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've definitely have not seen an upgrade over Shawn Williams. Over the last 2 years SW has averaged 109 tackles, 1 sack, and 3 INTs. We miss his production.

I will say Bell has looked good the last couple weeks while Williams has not taken advantage of playing time. I think Williams has let his frustration with management get the best of him and I'm sure he'll be $4 Mil off the books next year. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:14 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Vonn Bell just looks a second too late on so many plays. He’s been out of position and exploited on numerous occasions this season as well. I thought he would come in and be an enforcer, make some big hits or cause a fumble. Haven’t seen it.

I wish we would’ve stick with Shawn Williams and used that money elsewhere.

WhoDey2 He will. Just need a competent DC. This garbage being spewed by Sweet Lou are making good defenders stop and think (Does he really want me all way over here...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote