Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Scared of Any Pass Defense.
(based off of last years standings)

Seattle, number 1 passing defense. (1st overall D)
Chiefs, number 2 passing defense. (2nd overall D)
Chargers, number 3 passing defense. (13th overall D)

NEXT UP

Bills, number 4 passing defense. (4th overall D)

It's pretty amazing which defenses Dalton is picking apart.
Reply/Quote
Wonder where they rank this year. Impressive, for sure. Seattle certainly didn't think there was any way in the world Andy would do to them what he did.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: (based off of last years standings)

NEXT UP

Bring it!  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Not worried about the Bills defense. It will likely be close at the half, then their defense will tire, and the Bengals will get a couple of easy scores to seal the deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not worried about the Bills defense.  It will likely be close at the half, then their defense will tire, and the Bengals will get a couple of easy scores to seal the deal.

When you do all that blitzing, you open yourself up to big plays.  Which QB is leading the league in big plays?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:15 PM)McC Wrote: Wonder where they rank this year.  Impressive, for sure.  Seattle certainly didn't think there was any way in the world Andy would do to them what he did.

Where they rank this year is going to be skewed because the buzz saw that is the Bengals offense has torn through them.
Reply/Quote
If you can put up 27 on the Seahawks D, there's no reason to be scared of anyone elses.
Reply/Quote
Also the offense showed no fear of Sherman or Kam Chancellor. Green beat Sherman more than once and both Eifert TDs were on Chancellor.
Reply/Quote
As they are ranked now in passing defense (YPG).

1- Oakland = 31st

2- San Diego = 9th

3- Baltimore = 22nd

4- Kansas City = 27th

5- Seattle = 7th

6- Buffalo = 24th

7- Pittsburgh = 20th

8- Cleveland = 18th

9- Houston = 10th

10- Arizona = 13th

11- St Louis = 14th

12- Cleveland = 18th

13- Pittsburgh = 20th

14- San Francisco = 30th

15- Denver = 5th

16- Baltimore = 22nd

Reply/Quote
I've watched a good bit of a couple Steelers games this year and man they blitz a bunch !

I wonder if they'll test Dalton like that ?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've watched a good bit of a couple Steelers games this year and man they blitz a bunch !

I wonder if they'll test Dalton like that ?

They'll pay the price if they do.  I don't see anyone on that team that can cover AJ Green - same goes with Tyler Eifert.

They may blitz, but their secondary isn't equipped to deal with our offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: They'll pay the price if they do.  I don't see anyone on that team that can cover AJ Green - same goes with Tyler Eifert.

They may blitz, but their secondary isn't equipped to deal with our offense.

Same thing I'm thinking
Reply/Quote
This offense may not be as flashy as the 2005 group, but I really feel that this group is the most difficult to defend of any offense that we have had in recent years.

The addition (and use) of a legit TE makes this team very tough to deal with.
Reply/Quote
With all of our players healthy I would put our passing attack against any defense in the league and expect them to come out on top. Sanu, who is arguably our 4th option behind AJ, Eifert, and MJ82 was able to play like a #1 for awhile last year. Factor in Gio out of the backfield... Our talent is impressive.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 11:28 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: With all of our players healthy I would put our passing attack against any defense in the league and expect them to come out on top.  Sanu, who is arguably our 4th option behind AJ, Eifert, and MJ82 was able to play like a #1 for awhile last year.  Factor in Gio out of the backfield... Our talent is impressive.

Last year was a great learning experience for Sanu. I rewatched the 4th quarter from the SEA game and Dalton leaned on Sanu Heavily on one of the two drives to get us back into the game. Sanu could be the best WR3 in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: (based off of last years standings)

NEXT UP

It just goes to show when your offensive line gives the QB enough time to make the necessary throws, he can pick apart most defenses. Were seeing this right now with Andy.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 01:07 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Last year was a great learning experience for Sanu. I rewatched the 4th quarter from the SEA game and Dalton leaned on Sanu Heavily on one of the two drives to get us back into the game. Sanu could be the best WR3 in the league.

Indeed....Mo answered the bell.  He was giving Andy the "keep feeding me" gesture, and Andy delivered.  Just when you think you have everyone covered in this offense, a Sanu, or Tate, or a Burkhead type sneaks in there and bites you in the ass.  It's rather impressive.  Gotta tip the hat to the personnel department here.....well done.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 09:22 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: It just goes to show when your offensive line gives the QB enough time to make the necessary throws, he can pick apart most defenses. Were seeing this right now with Andy.

Even when they don't, he's getting the ball out fast......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Which can be attributed to Hue's play calling and Andy's decision making and ability to read the defenses. Right now our offense is firing on all cylinders. We have great playmaking talent, and we are playing smart football. Scary combination for any defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not worried about the Bills defense.  It will likely be close at the half, then their defense will tire, and the Bengals will get a couple of easy scores to seal the deal.

Let's thank the schedule-makers for this one, too! Much rather play in Buffalo in early-mid October than a month or two later.

On a bad field, maybe I'd worry more.
Reply/Quote