Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Worried About It....
Last night was a hard fought game where hopefully a still young group of core players learned a bitter, tough lesson.

The Bengals fought TOO HARD in some instances and, when it mattered most, just did not have the maturity to reign themselves in. Sometimes people have to fall down far to find the ultimate strength to climb to their highest potential. I hope that with this young core group of guys that that is the case.

Some silver linings....

- Adam Jones will be gone after this season, probably getting a lot of money somewhere. Unfortunate from a talent stand point, but perhaps addition by subtraction when it comes to being a pro. He is a great talent on the field and his passion is outstanding but the no filter, raw attitude, and some of the things that make him great can clearly be a detriment. IF he keeps his cool and doesn't shove Porter perhaps there is a foul called on Porter and it offsets Burfict's.

- Nelson was a great player. But, honestly, he will be very expensive and the D played just as well with Williams and Smith in so that puts aside my fears in that area.

- Dalton took huge steps forward this season. There will be plenty of years with a solid QB left.

- Burfict has recovered really well from his injury. He is an amazing player and made a Ray Lewis type of impact, which is what the Bengals need. Ray Lewis also cost the Ravens a game against the Bengals with a questionable hit on Chad years ago. It happens. It's football. Burfict made the play that SHOULD have put that game away. Frankly, I also am fine with the Bengals D head hunting after the Gio hit. It just should have been done well before when it actually mattered.

- The players WANT to be in Cincinnati. That is a good thing. The Bengals will play again next season. They will be just as good or better, which is pretty damn good. This is still a young team just coming into their own and, frankly, this was not the best team ever to lose in the first round nor was this some insane upset. The Steelers have already learned how to win games like this... the Bengals are still in the process.

The stuff about cut this guy or that guy or fire this coach or that coach isn't really on my plate as a fan. Marvin Lewis is what he is at this point. He has been a coach for a long time and a head coach for long enough. He is good, but not good enough and has been handed everything someone good enough would need to be GREAT. In any other job in the business world of America, he is fired years ago.

Onward into 2016 I go. I, for one, and 100% still as much of a Bengals fan today as I was when I started following football over 25 years ago and hold no animosity towards any player or coach. Effort was given, plays were made. It's just a bummer.
Reply/Quote
Lol always next year. Same trash diffrent year.
Reply/Quote
And, here I thought the other playoff losses were the bitter, tough lessons to be learned. How many times does a team need to be tought such lessons? At least once more next January, or so will be said at that time.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Do we watch to just pass the time/be entertained? lol. I don't know why we watch the regular season other than to see our pain points.

Jeremy Hill can't be trusted, low YPC and fumbles. Burfict and Adam Jones have a temper. That was taken advantage of to the point the game was lost.

I gave up on the Bengals mid-game, I shouldn't have knowing how they play till the end. But 2 first downs in the first half, it was unwatchable. To give up in a close playoff game, I give up on my Fan card. That's the beginning of the end for me.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is about to get what every owner fears from fans, well.... most owners anyway. APATHY! unless serious changes are made, I see most fans , including myself, just not caring anymore. We know the story, we know how the book ends. Apathy is worse than Anger. Unfortunately Mike Brown really doesn't care either.....why should we?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You lost me when you belittled Nelson's importance.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Ground hog day. Only the bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:46 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You lost me when you belittled Nelson's importance.

He went out of the game and the defense still looked the same. I was not belittling Nelson. I was pointing out that, in the event that Nelson wants huge money, that that young guys look to be ready.

But, if I belittled Reggie Nelson by calling him, literally, a great player than I guess we have a different definition of belittling.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the organization is smart enough to make decisions with its brains over the next couple of months, rather than with its heart the day after a tough loss, like fans seem to want to do. Moving on from Marvin might be the right move, ultimately. Firing Marvin immediately would be absolutely the worst move they could make, if for no other reason than that such an impetuous move would make us a more unattractive place to move for high level coaches. We'd be stuck with a bargain basement replacement. I'm okay with moving on, but immediate firings isn't the move of a great football organization, it would be the temper tantrum of a child.
Reply/Quote
Move Marvin up the chain. He's a good GM, he has the personality for recruiting as well. I hate the Giants because my ex was a superfan (lol), but Coughlin could probably scare the shit out of some of our players.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:30 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Lol always next year. Same trash diffrent year.

You can say this for 31 other teams.. only one team a year wins super bowl a year.. sucks losing but 31 other teams have and will do the same thing.. Only one team ends the year with a win...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You can say this for 31 other teams.. only one team a year wins super bowl a year.. sucks losing but 31 other teams have and will do the same thing.. Only one team ends the year with a win...

But only 1 has gone 25 years without a playoff win.  No one is calling for changes cause they don't win the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:14 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Last night was a hard fought game where hopefully a still young group of core players learned a bitter, tough lesson.

The Bengals fought TOO HARD in some instances and, when it mattered most, just did not have the maturity to reign themselves in. Sometimes people have to fall down far to find the ultimate strength to climb to their highest potential. I hope that with this young core group of guys that that is the case.

Some silver linings....

- Adam Jones will be gone after this season, probably getting a lot of money somewhere. Unfortunate from a talent stand point, but perhaps addition by subtraction when it comes to being a pro. He is a great talent on the field and his passion is outstanding but the no filter, raw attitude, and some of the things that make him great can clearly be a detriment. IF he keeps his cool and doesn't shove Porter perhaps there is a foul called on Porter and it offsets Burfict's.

I figured he would follow Vance Joseph to Miami the moment I heard Joseph would be the DC

- Nelson was a great player. But, honestly, he will be very expensive and the D played just as well with Williams and Smith in so that puts aside my fears in that area.

Re-signed with the team once already, and led the league in INTs.  He deserves a top contract, and I think we'll give him one.

- Dalton took huge steps forward this season. There will be plenty of years with a solid QB left.

- Burfict has recovered really well from his injury. He is an amazing player and made a Ray Lewis type of impact, which is what the Bengals need. Ray Lewis also cost the Ravens a game against the Bengals with a questionable hit on Chad years ago. It happens. It's football. Burfict made the play that SHOULD have put that game away. Frankly, I also am fine with the Bengals D head hunting after the Gio hit. It just should have been done well before when it actually mattered.

I was fine with the head hunting until we took the lead, then it became important to not do anything stupid.  Lewis burned a time out before the prior play to make it clear to not do anything dumb, but he still did.  I think it's time to move on from him.

- The players WANT to be in Cincinnati. That is a good thing. The Bengals will play again next season. They will be just as good or better, which is pretty damn good. This is still a young team just coming into their own and, frankly, this was not the best team ever to lose in the first round nor was this some insane upset. The Steelers have already learned how to win games like this... the Bengals are still in the process.

In the past few years, yes.  But Iloka pointed it out already, the coordinators are moving on and taking other coaches with them at a time when a large part of the roster has expiring contracts.  Good players are going to leave to follow coaches or chase the money, and we aren't going to be close to fielding similar talent next season.

The stuff about cut this guy or that guy or fire this coach or that coach isn't really on my plate as a fan. Marvin Lewis is what he is at this point. He has been a coach for a long time and a head coach for long enough. He is good, but not good enough and has been handed everything someone good enough would need to be GREAT. In any other job in the business world of America, he is fired years ago.

Onward into 2016 I go. I, for one, and 100% still as much of a Bengals fan today as I was when I started following football over 25 years ago and hold no animosity towards any player or coach. Effort was given, plays were made. It's just a bummer.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:23 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: But only 1 has gone 25 years without a playoff win.  No one is calling for changes cause they don't win the Super Bowl.
This...if abengals would have won like they should have then lost in NE it wouldn't be like this. That would be understandable especially with a back up QB. We would have been disappointed but at least it would have been forward progress for the organization.
But the way they lost as only they could means changes should be made with coaches and players.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You can say this for 31 other teams.. only one team a year wins super bowl a year.. sucks losing but 31 other teams have and will do the same thing.. Only one team ends the year with a win...

So what you are saying is that since we never won the Super Bowl we may as well have gone 0-740 since we were founded?  Man, talk about a lack of moral victories!
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones will not be a Bengal next year ?!??

First I'm hearing about this. How accurate is this?

I love that dude
Reply/Quote
^^^ anyone?
Reply/Quote