Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a single All-Pro
I think Cal Adomitis was snubbed. He was literally the #1 snapper in all of College Football last year, and ended up being a season-saving pickup for us (not exaggerating). I sense some All Pros in his future.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
I hope this adds additional motivation for the Super Bowl run part II

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 08:28 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: This team is just too well rounded for one guy to look like he’s the best in the league if his name isn’t Joe Burrow. Unless we get a pass rusher who racks up 19 sacks Burrow is probably our only all pro hope until we lose Tee and Boyd and Chase starts eating more target share.

Oh, I think Chase would have been All-Pro if he hadn't lost 4 starts.  It would have been him and Justin Jefferson but the lost games cost him 500-600 yards and place too many people over him in the stats

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 08:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ahh, didn't know Hurts numbers. Agree Ochocincos after knowing this. Burrow should be 2nd team behind Mahomes.

Burrow had more turnovers than Hursts. 14-1 is going to get you more props compared to 12-4, right or wrong. 

It could have gone either way but was in no way a snub to chose Hurts over Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow for 2nd team is about all you could change being realistic. Reader missed too many games to get there. Don't see anyone else who really should've been in consideration for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Because they didn't have any all pro players. That is fine. There are all pros sitting at home for the playoffs. Team game, team goals.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 09:43 PM)pally Wrote: Oh, I think Chase would have been All-Pro if he hadn't lost 4 starts.  It would have been him and Justin Jefferson but the lost games cost him 500-600 yards and place too many people over him in the stats

He would have had to severely outperform his average for the year to get 500-600 yards. Only averaging around 87 yards a game. That’d be about 350 more. Maybe that puts in in the running for 2nd team but even then, it’s just a close race. Not a sure thing.

The offense has grown to be less dependent on Chase, which is a good thing, but it will keep him from pushing close to 2k yards anytime soon and keep him a notch below (stat wise) the top in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 05:47 PM)wcu Wrote: Due to the time he missed this year, I don't think you can put Chase in, but I do know that Davante Adams doesn't belong there.

The guy that had 100 catches (8th in NFL), 1,516 yds (3rd in NFL) and led the NFL in receiving TD's with 14 doesn't belong on the All-Pro team? Interesting. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 08:48 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yes it’s not a big deal but you have try and get any extra little edge you can.
If I’m Zac call the whole team together to announce the  all pro team like someone is going to make it/be cheered by all of his teammates and then say “sorry but you guys just aren’t good enough”…

There yah go Clark, this team thrives on this stuff. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Did we get any married All-Pros
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 09:27 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I think Cal Adomitis was snubbed. He was literally the #1 snapper in all of College Football last year, and ended up being a season-saving pickup for us (not exaggerating). I sense some All Pros in his future.

Nice, sure like Cal, fantastic pick up as an UDFA.

To replace arguably the best Long Snapper in the NFL in Clark Harris with a future All Pro LS is pretty great.

(01-13-2023, 09:52 PM)TheFan Wrote: Burrow had more turnovers than Hursts. 14-1 is going to get you more props compared to 12-4, right or wrong. 

It could have gone either way but was in no way a snub to chose Hurts over Burrow. 

"It's Wrong" in my best Riann voice... Ninja

(01-13-2023, 10:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He would have had to severely outperform his average for the year to get 500-600 yards. Only averaging around 87 yards a game. That’d be about 350 more. Maybe that puts in in the running for 2nd team but even then, it’s just a close race. Not a sure thing.

The offense has grown to be less dependent on Chase, which is a good thing, but it will keep him from pushing close to 2k yards anytime soon and keep him a notch below (stat wise) the top in the league.

Yes, and like you said in your first post, just such a well rounded team that not one player besides Burrow really had a chance
at an All Pro this year along with the injuries to our top guys.

(01-13-2023, 10:30 PM)Ravage Wrote: The guy that had 100 catches (8th in NFL), 1,516 yds (3rd in NFL) and led the NFL in receiving TD's with 14 doesn't belong on the All-Pro team? Interesting. 

Lol, yeah, Davante Adams belongs...

And he likes to beat up Cameramen.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 05:47 PM)wcu Wrote: I think you could make the case for Reader over Williams or either of the 2nd team guys.  Certainly you could replace Moseley with Pratt.

Due to the time he missed this year, I don't think you can put Chase in, but I do know that Davante Adams doesn't belong there.

Adams very deserving. 100  1,500 14 tds.. how is he not?
Reply/Quote
Looking at list only Burrow might have made it but Hurt is deserving also.. so I don't think any egregious mistake of a bengal not on list.
Reply/Quote
A team with no all pros has a realistic chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Pretty nuts.
Reply/Quote
some voter gave Jonah Williams a vote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 11:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: A team with no all pros has a realistic chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Pretty nuts.

I don't really think 1 or 2 all pro matters rhat much in the big scheme, takes more two all pros to win a SB..., 
Reply/Quote
Burrow should have been 2nd team. His numbers were better than Hurts, and the Eagles played a cupcake schedule.

Reply/Quote
Someone who led his team with 762 rushing yards @ 6.2 YPC and 7 rushing TDs didn't make 1st or 2nd team.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 11:45 PM)pally Wrote: some voter gave Jonah Williams a vote

I really want to know which writer looked at Jonah's play and thought it was All-Pro material. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 03:12 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I really want to know which writer looked at Jonah's play and thought it was All-Pro material. 

Yeah, that’s wild. Even PFF - who loves them some Jonah - has him at 61.2 for the season.

Reply/Quote