Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not losing hope
I get it we choked away the bye . But mccarron was playing lights out on mnf against the best defense in football. He will have another week to get better.

The 2nd half I have no idea why we ran a vanilla offense so I'm worried from the coaching but aj played a great game .
Nugent missing that field goal turned momentum for the entire game. That 2nd half von miller and their pass rush just woke up .

I have confidence that mccarron can win us a playoff game and dalton can come back .

I understand everyone had hopes of a title run this year and that might be up in the air but I think we get a playoff win this year and who knows after that. That was a big game and mccaron did everything he could in that game . Of course the bobbled snap blows but who knows if he would of atleast got us in field goal range or not .

Dalton is better but idk that dalton would of handled that pressure any better in the 2nd half .

Aj mccarron will have eifert back soon and hopefully we get illoka back as well. Today sucks after last night but don't lose hope .
Reply/Quote
The team & coaching staff have a lot to work on this week.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
McCarron had a good first two drives, and then on the 3rd drive he was ok. The rest of the game the offense only gained 90 yards, so I wouldn't really say he had a good game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll always be a fan, but losses like last nights will always leave me unconfident in big games...Sad When was the last time the Bengals have had a walk off win like that loss last night? Last night reminded me of the Thursday night game in Miami with the walk off safety loss and the Hail Mary comeback we had in Baltimore which ended up in a brutal loss a few years ago. I'm just immune to disappointment now, but will still be cheering, will still be supportive...
GOOD LORD its hard being a Bengals fan...Sad

WHO DEY!!! Tiger
Reply/Quote
They ran the ball alot after the 1st 3 drives and when they did go back to pass aj had no time to throw . He did miss a couple deep balls but aj let up on one for some reason.

When aj had time he stood in pocket and made nice throws . Even got out of pocket and extended some plays .

The coaching staff does worry me a bit but as far as the D goes it's a result of the poor offensive play calls and the D getting gassed not to mention only getting geno for half the game doesn't help .
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:48 AM)CincyCR3814 Wrote: I'll always be a fan, but losses like last nights will always leave me unconfident in big games...Sad When was the last time the Bengals have had a walk off win like that loss last night? Last night reminded me of the Thursday night game in Miami with the walk off safety loss and the Hail Mary comeback we had in Baltimore which ended up in a brutal loss a few years ago. I'm just immune to disappointment now, but will still be cheering, will still be supportive...

WHO DEY!!! Tiger

I get it . Bt long as wening isn't in I think this team Is capable of winning .  I have my doubts but at the same time I refuse to believe we go into a playoff game with our tails tucked in between our legs .
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:40 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: McCarron had a good first two drives, and then on the 3rd drive he was ok. The rest of the game the offense only gained 90 yards, so I wouldn't really say he had a good game.

Did you even watch the second half?

Here's a clue for you:  9/16 for 61 yards for McCarron and just 24 yards from 10 rushes for the RBs.

1st & 10: Run for 0 yards
-- Offensive Holding --
2nd & 20: Run for 0 yards
3rd & 20: Run for 5 yards
4th & 15: Punt

1st & 10: Run for 8 yards
2nd & 2:  Run for 3 yards
1st & 10: Pass for 6 yards
2nd & 4: Run for 0 yards
3rd & 4: Incomplete deep shot to MLJ
4th & 4: Punt

1st & 10: Pass for 8 yards
2nd & 2: Run for 0 yards
3rd & 2: Run for 0 yards
4th & 2: Punt

1st & 10: Screen to Hill for -4 yards
2nd & 14: Pass for 5 yards
3rd & 9: Incomplete
4th & 9: Punt

-- Denver now up 17-14 --

1st & 10: Pass for 10 yards
1st & 10: Run for 2 yards
2nd & 8: Deep pass incomplete to Green
3rd & 8: Pass for 15 yards
-- Neutral Zone Infraction --
1st & 5: Incomplete
2nd & 5: Incomplete
3rd & 5: Deep pass incomplete to Green
4th & 4: Field Goal

1st & 10: Run for 6 yards
2nd & 4: Incomplete
3rd & 4: Pass for 8 yards
1st & 10: Pass for -1 yards
2nd & 11: Sack for -9 yards
3rd & 20: Pass for 14 yards
4th & 6 : Punt

Look at all of those stuffed runs into the gut of a 8 man front.  Look at all of those short passes to Backs and Tight Ends that were designed plays.  Look at the pressure he was under on the final drive of regulation.

Basically, Denver sold out to stop the run and we played right into their hands by not trusting our QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:48 AM)CincyCR3814 Wrote: I'll always be a fan, but losses like last nights will always leave me unconfident in big games...Sad When was the last time the Bengals have had a walk off win like that loss last night? Last night reminded me of the Thursday night game in Miami with the walk off safety loss and the Hail Mary comeback we had in Baltimore which ended up in a brutal loss a few years ago. I'm just immune to disappointment now, but will still be cheering, will still be supportive...

WHO DEY!!! Tiger

Yes, it certainly is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 12:02 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Did you even watch the second half?

Here's a clue for you:  9/16 for 61 yards for McCarron and just 24 yards from 10 rushes for the RBs.

1st & 10: Run for 0 yards
-- Offensive Holding --
2nd & 20: Run for 0 yards
3rd & 20: Run for 5 yards
4th & 15: Punt

1st & 10: Run for 8 yards
2nd & 2:  Run for 3 yards
1st & 10: Pass for 6 yards
2nd & 4: Run for 0 yards
3rd & 4: Incomplete deep shot to MLJ
4th & 4: Punt

1st & 10: Pass for 8 yards
2nd & 2: Run for 0 yards
3rd & 2: Run for 0 yards
4th & 2: Punt

1st & 10: Screen to Hill for -4 yards
2nd & 14: Pass for 5 yards
3rd & 9: Incomplete
4th & 9: Punt

-- Denver now up 17-14 --

1st & 10: Pass for 10 yards
1st & 10: Run for 2 yards
2nd & 8: Deep pass incomplete to Green
3rd & 8: Pass for 15 yards
-- Neutral Zone Infraction --
1st & 5: Incomplete
2nd & 5: Incomplete
3rd & 5: Deep pass incomplete to Green
4th & 4: Field Goal

1st & 10: Run for 6 yards
2nd & 4: Incomplete
3rd & 4: Pass for 8 yards
1st & 10: Pass for -1 yards
2nd & 11: Sack for -9 yards
3rd & 20: Pass for 14 yards
4th & 6 : Punt

Look at all of those stuffed runs into the gut of a 8 man front.  Look at all of those short passes to Backs and Tight Ends that were designed plays.  Look at the pressure he was under on the final drive of regulation.

Basically, Denver sold out to stop the run and we played right into their hands by not trusting our QB.
+ rep 

Ths is my point when given opportunity aj made the most out of it . We tried to run far to much in 2nd half with stacked box . And when we did go to pass von miller was there in 2 seconds .

Look at the Arizona green bay game with rodgers. A stout arizona line  relentlessly going after him . He couldn't do a thing.  When aj  had a bit of time he made plays . We jus shifted away from putting the game in his hands and tried to run clock out and rely on D.

Not bashing dalton but do u think he would of done any better with the time aj had? Granted play calling might have been different . 
Lok at the Texans game . Even though dalton I think wins the game aj green doesn't fumble . He did not have a great game against the pass rush .
Reply/Quote